Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. 08:41 - Aug 5 with 3619 viewsunstableblue

…. Get a number??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:05 - Aug 5 with 2647 viewsMediocre_Quick

Don't get the Downes worship on here at all, who cares if he gets a number or not? He's clearly shown he doesn't want to stay and has done anything to fight for his place back in the first team, just let him go and stop holding on just because he's an academy product, if anything, focus on the newer lads that are coming through and making an impression and start focusing on the bright future this club now has,

JESUS
When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:07 - Aug 5 with 2635 viewsKeaneish

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:05 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

Don't get the Downes worship on here at all, who cares if he gets a number or not? He's clearly shown he doesn't want to stay and has done anything to fight for his place back in the first team, just let him go and stop holding on just because he's an academy product, if anything, focus on the newer lads that are coming through and making an impression and start focusing on the bright future this club now has,

JESUS

I think its under the spotlight as he's one of our best if not our best player.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 11:19]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 2607 viewsFPL_Tractor

He won't. I'm pretty sure of that. I think Jackson will get relegated but get a number as there's a decent chance he'll be on the bench at the weekend.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 2602 viewsitfcjoe

If not today, then tomorrow - there is no reason for them not to be announced today as have to have been clarified by now if they are going on the back of the programme as an example.

I don't think he will get one, would be very surprised if he does

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:36 - Aug 5 with 2469 viewsMediocre_Quick

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:07 - Aug 5 by Keaneish

If he was one of our best players, he'd push to stay surely? To be the big fish in the same pond? Blinded by academy product bias...
When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:38 - Aug 5 with 2459 viewsitfcjoe

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:36 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

If he was one of our best players, he'd push to stay surely? To be the big fish in the same pond? Blinded by academy product bias...

Surely the fact he is likely going to be playing his football at a higher level this season indicates he is one of our better players?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 2446 viewsMediocre_Quick

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:38 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

Surely the fact he is likely going to be playing his football at a higher level this season indicates he is one of our better players?

By that logic, does that mean Dozzell was one of our better/best players?

If we're talking by last years standards, then yes, those two stand out, but if we're judging by who we've brought in, then no
When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 2429 viewsitfcjoe

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:40 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

By that logic, does that mean Dozzell was one of our better/best players?

If we're talking by last years standards, then yes, those two stand out, but if we're judging by who we've brought in, then no

Yes it does.

Because QPR have elected to pay £1m for Dozzell and give him £10k a week, when they could have signed Harper for £250k and give him £5k a week.

Login to get fewer ads

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 2362 viewsitfcpaul

He certainly isnt now

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 12:06 - Aug 5 with 2304 viewsLeoMuff

Just been involved in a 3-1 loss to Chelmsford along with 4 other ex first team regulars, I’m pretty sure he isn’t in the plan going forward

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 12:13 - Aug 5 with 2252 viewsunstableblue

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:05 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

JESUS

One thing we’re all craving for are players of quality, but who can also grab a game, he’s one of the very few players I’ve seen under Hurst and lambert to show both... hence why people would like to see him rehabilitated

It’s going to cost a lot of money to get a player of similar attributes... and we need one

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 12:40 - Aug 5 with 2159 viewsWeWereZombies

My guess is that the squad number for Downes will be within a certain range:

[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 12:48]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 13:30 - Aug 5 with 2066 viewsKropotkin123

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:41 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

Yes it does.

Because QPR have elected to pay £1m for Dozzell and give him £10k a week, when they could have signed Harper for £250k and give him £5k a week.

Money doesn't prove this. The transfer market is littered with players purchased for above their valuation. Either by not reaching their potential or simply not being as good as thought.

Let's not forget, we spent 1 million on Jackson when in the Championship and very few would argue that was money well spent.

As for our squad. He was one of our best players last season. But he certainly wouldn't be one of the best this season in PC's system and style.

All that aside, I hope he does well at QPR and they can get the best out of him in their system and style.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 13:35 - Aug 5 with 2034 viewsitfcjoe

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 13:30 - Aug 5 by Kropotkin123

Money doesn't prove this. The transfer market is littered with players purchased for above their valuation. Either by not reaching their potential or simply not being as good as thought.

Let's not forget, we spent 1 million on Jackson when in the Championship and very few would argue that was money well spent.

As for our squad. He was one of our best players last season. But he certainly wouldn't be one of the best this season in PC's system and style.

All that aside, I hope he does well at QPR and they can get the best out of him in their system and style.

But when 2 young English midfielders of a similar age hit the market in the same summer and one ends up with the team that finished 9th in the 2nd tier for a much bigger deal than one who ends up signing for a team in the 3rd tier it's clear which one is more highly thought of by the football industry.

Obviously there are a million factors that go into things - but for age and experience profiles they are pretty comparable, nationality, position, international honours etc then it's a fairly easy conclusion to draw that Dozzell is the better player currently

I'm looking forward to seeing Harper play, and think he'll be a really good signing and is one who could really hit the heights - and think move for Dozzell was best for all parties - but if any of the players we've signed were offered the sort of contract QPR could, then they would be there not here.

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 1954 viewsSwansea_Blue

JESUS

I'd be happy with Jesus. Didn't have the best year last year, but could easily do a job for us. Might be a push to sign him though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:18 - Aug 5 with 1900 viewsMediocre_Quick

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 12:13 - Aug 5 by unstableblue

One thing we’re all craving for are players of quality, but who can also grab a game, he’s one of the very few players I’ve seen under Hurst and lambert to show both... hence why people would like to see him rehabilitated

It’s going to cost a lot of money to get a player of similar attributes... and we need one

Don't think I ever saw him grab the game by the scruff of the next to do anything, we have players now who can do that in Chaplin/Fraser/Evans/Harper/Burns/Dobra

If anything, Ashton & co are probably looking at replacements for Downes, and decent ones too that we'll reinvest the money from his sale in,

Personally, I think a player like Camps from Fleetwood would be ideal for that

Downes had his chances to prove a point, but has happily stuck himself with his lot in the U23's and he'll be off somewhere else he can throw a tantrum about nothing
When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:24 - Aug 5 with 1867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He is not one of our best players purely and simply because he is not going to play.

The sooner the situation is resolved the better for all parties. I would be amazed if he is given a squad number. If he were to be, I would only imagine it is to encourage interest from someone signing him. Would giving him a number mean his wages are considered in the allowance and would not doing so, mean they are not?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:37 - Aug 5 with 1832 viewsKeaneish

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 11:36 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

There's not much logic to that at all. Why would he push to stay if he doesn't want to be here? He clearly feels it's time for change and that he can get a move before the window closes - this doesn't change or reflect his ability.

No worries if you don't rate Downes but in my opinion, you'd have to be blinded by some kind of bias not to see how good he is in relation to our squad.

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:40 - Aug 5 with 1813 viewsKeaneish

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:24 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

He is not one of our best players purely and simply because he is not going to play.

The sooner the situation is resolved the better for all parties. I would be amazed if he is given a squad number. If he were to be, I would only imagine it is to encourage interest from someone signing him. Would giving him a number mean his wages are considered in the allowance and would not doing so, mean they are not?

There's two different arguments there. Granted he's not part of the squad so its contingent n that but he's still one of the best players at the club at the moment if its better phrased like that.

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:43 - Aug 5 with 1795 viewsblaggers

Is he? Based on what evidence? 3 career goals, 1 assist, 65% successful tackle rate...hardly stellar.

Poll: What happens next?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:46 - Aug 5 with 1782 viewsblaggers

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 13:59 - Aug 5 by Swansea_Blue

I'd be happy with Jesus. Didn't have the best year last year, but could easily do a job for us. Might be a push to sign him though.

Dreadful with crosses, I've heard.

Poll: What happens next?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:57 - Aug 5 with 1741 viewsMediocre_Quick

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:37 - Aug 5 by Keaneish

There's not much logic to that at all. Why would he push to stay if he doesn't want to be here? He clearly feels it's time for change and that he can get a move before the window closes - this doesn't change or reflect his ability.

No worries if you don't rate Downes but in my opinion, you'd have to be blinded by some kind of bias not to see how good he is in relation to our squad.

Sorry, in relation to which squad? The current squad? Or last seasons squad? I think you're still living in last season fella,

There's no way he's one or the best player in this squad...
When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 16:46 - Aug 5 with 1623 viewsKeaneish

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:43 - Aug 5 by blaggers

Is he? Based on what evidence? 3 career goals, 1 assist, 65% successful tackle rate...hardly stellar.

I'd base it on the evidence of what he brings to the side above and beyond a few weak stats.

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 16:48 - Aug 5 with 1618 viewsKeaneish

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 14:57 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

Sorry, in relation to which squad? The current squad? Or last seasons squad? I think you're still living in last season fella,

There's no way he's one or the best player in this squad...

...and, who is then?

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 16:56 - Aug 5 with 1585 viewsMediocre_Quick

When are the squad numbers out?? And will Downes…. on 16:48 - Aug 5 by Keaneish

...and, who is then?

Our better players? Chaplin, Burns, Evans, Fraser, y'know, players I mentioned in an earlier point that you ignored, who can turn a game on its head in seconds with a bit of magic

Again, you're living in an academy product bias world, and the stats for each of those players over the last 2/3 seasons speak for themselves compared to Downes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024