Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton 12:48 - Jun 1 with 2132 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Interesting. Pours a bit of cold water on the "everyone can feck off narrative" doesn't it?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 12:49 - Jun 1 with 2104 viewsfooters

Zero is a number.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 12:50 - Jun 1 with 2091 viewsGarv

Two is a number.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not in the slightest. (n/t) on 12:50 - Jun 1 with 2058 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 12:54 - Jun 1 with 1975 viewsNthQldITFC

Three. That's the magic number. What does it all mean?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:06 - Jun 1 with 1800 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’m going 1.5 can stay.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:19 - Jun 1 with 1623 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Edwards and?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:26 - Jun 1 with 1530 viewsjayessess

it's just Edwards

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:58 - Jun 1 with 1218 viewsmonty_radio

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:06 - Jun 1 by PositivelyPortman

I’m going 1.5 can stay.

If only Dozzer had a right foot, eh!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:58 - Jun 1 with 1211 viewslongtimefan

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 13:26 - Jun 1 by jayessess

it's just Edwards

And Drinan
'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 14:07 - Jun 1 with 1142 viewsgordon

Isn't it one - Edwards?
'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 14:12 - Jun 1 with 1084 viewsChurchman

45. All is forgiven.

It’s no doubt rubbish conjecture, but I do begin to wonder whether Cook’s ‘see ya later’ message is just a prompt to see who actually wants to be here and really work at what is going to be a new club, for all intents and purposes.
'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 992 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 14:12 - Jun 1 by Churchman

45. All is forgiven.

It’s no doubt rubbish conjecture, but I do begin to wonder whether Cook’s ‘see ya later’ message is just a prompt to see who actually wants to be here and really work at what is going to be a new club, for all intents and purposes.

A lot of people have suggested this, and Ashton's comments seem to back it up. Maybe some players HAVE stepped up, in whatever way. Brilliant if true.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 14:44 - Jun 1 with 872 viewsclive_baker

'Paul has said number of players he wants to keep', says Ashton on 14:12 - Jun 1 by Churchman

45. All is forgiven.

I'm not sure why people are having a meltdown that we haven't signed players yet, we're not going to be kicking off the new season with 8, and I'm sure we would all rather sign the right players and take our time in identifying them. We've still got a lot of players at the club, and I think it'll be managed on the basis that we'll sign players on the assumption that we can shift others. There will no doubt be some coming in early, but I think thereafter it'll be a case of making room for new ones. My instinct is that Cook would happily rotate pretty much the whole squad in an ideal world, but we don't live in an ideal world and we don't know how feasible it is that he can identify and attract players to that extent.

Looking at the squad list, we've still got Holy, Cornell, Woolfenden, Donacien, Kenlock, Ndaba, Toto, KVY, Nolan, Bishop, Lankester, Downes, Dozzell, El Miz, Dobra, Norwood, Jackson, Hawkins, Drinan. That's 19 players. If we had interest in them I imagine we'll move most on, but that's not a given. We won't be signing loads of players before anyone else leaves.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024