Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club 16:07 - Apr 1 with 2114 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Odd how its all happening 'in the summer' isn't it? Rather than with immediate effect.

All the right noises, just in time for season ticket renewal, again.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:09 - Apr 1 with 2073 viewshype313

"A New Era"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:09 - Apr 1 with 2074 viewsJ2BLUE

Well we have ten big games coming up and the window doesn't open until the summer.

Your scepticism is justified though, obviously.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:12 - Apr 1 with 2048 viewsbluebud

...what;s odd is the statement timing...I thought for years they used data and statistics to find players that cost zero
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:14 - Apr 1 with 2046 viewsSwansea_Blue

And it's a very late time for ST renewals. Why are we always so late?

Them up the road announce theirs at Christmas time. The Swans did their last December (ish. Pre-Christmas anyway). I randomly googled one other side (Forest) and they closed their renewals in mid-March. We always seem really late, which can't help planning.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:16 - Apr 1 with 2023 viewshype313

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:14 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

Them up the road announce theirs at Christmas time. The Swans did their last December (ish. Pre-Christmas anyway). I randomly googled one other side (Forest) and they closed their renewals in mid-March. We always seem really late, which can't help planning.

You would have thought, the one thing our owner could be competent at would be selling Tickets...

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:21 - Apr 1 with 1996 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:14 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

As per ME's statement at the start of this month, think this impacted on the announcement of compensation for this season and next year's prices.

"We are waiting to see if we qualify for any additional ‘rescue’ payment from the Premier League. We may do but there are stipulations on how that payment is made and also it may well have an impact on our ability to add to the squad in the summer transfer window so there are decisions to be made on whether we even apply for that financial help."
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:21 - Apr 1 with 1982 viewsRegencyBlue

It’s worked for Evans before and he clearly isn’t a man with many original thoughts!

I would like to think the fan base will see right through this, and Evans will be in for a nasty shock over season ticket sales, but who knows.

Time will tell I guess.
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:25 - Apr 1 with 1955 viewshype313

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:21 - Apr 1 by PhilTWTD

As per ME's statement at the start of this month, think this impacted on the announcement of compensation for this season and next year's prices.

"We are waiting to see if we qualify for any additional ‘rescue’ payment from the Premier League. We may do but there are stipulations on how that payment is made and also it may well have an impact on our ability to add to the squad in the summer transfer window so there are decisions to be made on whether we even apply for that financial help."

Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea there isn't he.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:36 - Apr 1 with 1909 viewschrismakin

Probably been one of lower priorities on the list considering it's been pandemic year, Lambert contract termination, clearly take over talks have taken place etc.
And I wouldn't see a recruitment change taking place midway through a season, you'd hope time would be spent organising it properly, rather than hey Lee add this to your job.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:36 - Apr 1 with 1911 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:25 - Apr 1 by hype313

Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea there isn't he.

Indeed, I'm assuming he'd like to have taken it but I'm guessing won't have done if it was going to impact on squad strengthening in the summer.
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:38 - Apr 1 with 1885 viewschrismakin

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:36 - Apr 1 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I'm assuming he'd like to have taken it but I'm guessing won't have done if it was going to impact on squad strengthening in the summer.

Could possibly help us, you would think a fair few other clubs would have no choice but to take it, especially when you had clubs playing at 1pm to save floodlight useage

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:39 - Apr 1 with 1871 viewsmrshallisfit

Cant remember what date Lambert came out with the exciting things about to happen at the club. Was that this time of year too?
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:40 - Apr 1 with 1874 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:38 - Apr 1 by chrismakin

Could possibly help us, you would think a fair few other clubs would have no choice but to take it, especially when you had clubs playing at 1pm to save floodlight useage

You may well be right. Having said that, I still expect most business at this level to be free transfers. Going to be loads of players available.
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:41 - Apr 1 with 1862 viewschrismakin

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:40 - Apr 1 by PhilTWTD

You may well be right. Having said that, I still expect most business at this level to be free transfers. Going to be loads of players available.

What's the potential other sanction other than the transfer fee do you think? wages? even smaller size of squad?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:43 - Apr 1 with 1852 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:41 - Apr 1 by chrismakin

What's the potential other sanction other than the transfer fee do you think? wages? even smaller size of squad?

Don't know. FFP type stuff is still in the air as well after the salary cap was thrown out.
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 18:03 - Apr 1 with 1704 viewsKeaneish

...football is a business requiring revenue to turn a profit to improve our chances of being successful! What’s the concern?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 18:07 - Apr 1 with 1693 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s pretty much Evans channeling his inner Geldof at Live Aid. “Just give us your fooking money”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 18:29 - Apr 1 with 1622 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:21 - Apr 1 by PhilTWTD

And as it happens there are significant strings attached to that 'rescue' package.

I don't know. Even in previous years we always seem to be a lot later than other clubs I know about (which won't be an exhaustive sample admittedly). They must all be facing the same pressures.

Maybe that's unfair and L1/L2 clubs are in a similar boat, especially this year. I've just had a look at Sunderland and they only announced their ST details 3 days ago.

Hull's is interesting by the way. They call them memberships, and they're flat priced across the ground by the looks of it. All on rolling 1 month DD payments too, cancellable with 2 months notice. And it looks like you can take one up any time. It's like the Netflix of footy (but less entertaining given it's in Hull). And the haven't announced next year's prices yet.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 18:29]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 18:36 - Apr 1 with 1586 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 18:29 - Apr 1 by Swansea_Blue

And as it happens there are significant strings attached to that 'rescue' package.

I don't know. Even in previous years we always seem to be a lot later than other clubs I know about (which won't be an exhaustive sample admittedly). They must all be facing the same pressures.

Maybe that's unfair and L1/L2 clubs are in a similar boat, especially this year. I've just had a look at Sunderland and they only announced their ST details 3 days ago.

Hull's is interesting by the way. They call them memberships, and they're flat priced across the ground by the looks of it. All on rolling 1 month DD payments too, cancellable with 2 months notice. And it looks like you can take one up any time. It's like the Netflix of footy (but less entertaining given it's in Hull). And the haven't announced next year's prices yet.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 18:29]

Usually it's been mid-to-late March, although in 2016 it was March 4th. There have been usual factors in the last two years with the pandemic and before that relegation.
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 21:24 - Apr 1 with 1295 viewsistanblue

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 16:09 - Apr 1 by hype313

"A New Era"

*A New Era 2.0
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 00:53 - Apr 2 with 1103 viewseddiespearitt03

I,d go as far as saying Marcus Evans will never get it right running a football club remotely via the phone and acting on wrong advice from people on the payroll.
One hope is that the club does in fact get rid of all the non performers this time round. The despairing thought is replacing them with another influx of cheap players who,ll find League One an uphill struggle.
Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 11:08 - Apr 2 with 896 viewsDeano69

April 1st announcements. Hmm believe it when I seen it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Don't fall for the flannel coming out of the club on 11:31 - Apr 2 with 873 viewsFreddy

As you say season ticket renewals to hit the post

Evans Out !!
Aye, it is the usual guff on 11:33 - Apr 2 with 865 viewsDyland

Even if it sounds good, the money will need to be diverted from somewhere else. The academy e.g.

It fills me with dread tbh. Marcus Evans Group has failed categorically at everything with regard ITFC. There are some mitigating circumstances and I've nothing against Marcus Evans personally and I'm not interested if he's a tout or a tax avoider or whatever, but I've had enough of this sorry half arsed uninspired approach leaving everything too late.

Nice little ITFC. As fans we continue to bend over and give him slack. That is nice I guess. No more from me though. No more support in terms of ST, tickets etc. I know a load of people done/doing the same, so not sure what bottom lines they are looking at.

I suppose people will buy into Cook (a decent appointment tbf) and this nice talk about data and what have you, and it will be the slow drawn out death, the knell donging rather pathetically over Portman Road and no one caring too much except the odd grumble.

RIP ITFC.

er... COYFB :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024