Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse 23:14 - Mar 19 with 1281 viewsStokieBlue

Beyond stupid:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/foxtons-coronavirus-covid-19-te

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 23:54 - Mar 19 with 1201 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seem like a nice bunch. Notorious are they (I've never heard of them)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:04 - Mar 20 with 1186 viewsmonytowbray

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 23:54 - Mar 19 by Swansea_Blue

Find me an letting agent that aren’t utter b*stards and I’ll show you a flying pig. Never had a good one.

Leaders were the worst I’ve personally dealt with. Followed by Shorts in Stowmarket.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:12 - Mar 20 with 1176 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:04 - Mar 20 by monytowbray

Find me an letting agent that aren’t utter b*stards and I’ll show you a flying pig. Never had a good one.

Leaders were the worst I’ve personally dealt with. Followed by Shorts in Stowmarket.

Fair point. Last time I rented the local agent was worse than useless.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:16 - Mar 20 with 1175 viewsjeera

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:04 - Mar 20 by monytowbray

I had to private rent for a few years.

When I met the landlord - the owner himself - he shook my hand on the very doorstep and said, "The rent will never go up and you will never have to move". Bold huh?

I'd had my 3rd op in a year and had just come out of hospital when he rang me and said he'd sold the bungalow and I had the statutory 8 weeks to vacate.

He hadn't even sold it, he just had some friends who wanted it and offered to pay more than me. Not that that's relevant really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:40 - Mar 20 with 1147 viewsmonytowbray

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:16 - Mar 20 by jeera

When I met the landlord - the owner himself - he shook my hand on the very doorstep and said, "The rent will never go up and you will never have to move". Bold huh?

I'd had my 3rd op in a year and had just come out of hospital when he rang me and said he'd sold the bungalow and I had the statutory 8 weeks to vacate.

He hadn't even sold it, he just had some friends who wanted it and offered to pay more than me. Not that that's relevant really.

I’ve had some pretty cool landlords to be fair, but some sh1t ones too. My flat in London is a dump and when the Landlord came round to fix the washing machine he admitted they bought the place and haven’t done a thing with it. Apparently the furniture was mostly left by the last tenant or the previous owner. Carpets coming up and frayed, no extractor fan in the kitchen or bathroom. Fridge is from the late 90s at the latest. Wallpaper is hanging off. Black mould issues in the bathroom. A constant draught in winter so the whole place is freezing. Window in my room is falling apart as I’m pretty sure it’s the same frame from when the building was built 100 years ago. The floorboard rooms are grim. Only has a shower and no bath. The shower we do have regularly falls off the wall and has to be balanced back on. When we moved in it was filthy. I could go on.

I pay £517 a month to live there before bills.

Doesn’t help that I left a really nice new(ish) build in Ravenswood I was paying £200 less a month for too when I went to the big smoke for my now-ex.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 0:41]

TWTD never forgets…

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 01:16 - Mar 20 with 1112 viewsOldsmoker

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 00:16 - Mar 20 by jeera

The same happened to me.
The landlord said he was selling and gave me 2 months notice.
I got a new place and I didn't trust my landlord anymore so I wasn't going to challenge the eviction.
The day after I moved, the For Sale sign came down and new tenants moved in.
The sale had fallen through apparently.
My old next door neighbour filled me in on the dirt.
All for an extra £50 per month.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 08:25 - Mar 20 with 972 viewsSteve_M

Black Katz. Mainly in North London, but avoid like the, err, plague.

Shared house, no problem with the landlord but they made everything difficult, even renewing the contract annually which they charged an exorbitant amount for they managed to make a mess of. Every single time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 08:28 - Mar 20 with 964 viewsStokieBlue

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 23:54 - Mar 19 by Swansea_Blue

Very notorious.

They was a Panorama on them about 10 years ago where they were caught faking tenants signatures and falsifying contracts etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/4876542.stm

They are huge, probably 30+ branches in London or something, zipping around in their branded minis. Total cunits.

SB
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 8:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 09:24 - Mar 20 with 904 viewsmonytowbray

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 08:28 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

Very notorious.

They was a Panorama on them about 10 years ago where they were caught faking tenants signatures and falsifying contracts etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/4876542.stm

They are huge, probably 30+ branches in London or something, zipping around in their branded minis. Total cunits.

SB
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 8:29]

Letting agents have two levels of customer service. The Landlord package and the Tennant package.

Leaders were actively telling fibs and causing conflict between myself and the landlady when I was with them. What they didn’t know is I had direct contact with her so we spoke and they got sussed.

TWTD never forgets…

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 09:30 - Mar 20 with 890 viewsBrixtonBlue

I wouldn't want to defend Foxtons, but if you read the full article it sounds like one rogue agent and not their policy.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 09:33 - Mar 20 with 885 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had one actually. Sheraton Law, an independent in Clapham Common. With them for 8.5 years before my recent move and they were excellent. Really helpful with anything we asked for and just decent human beings.

You need to steer clear of the chains.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just when you thought Foxtons couldn't get any worse on 10:46 - Mar 20 with 843 viewshampstead_blue

They are shocking. Hard sell, high fees.

Would never use them.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024