Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Blip' PMSL 09:36 - Mar 9 with 2601 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We were excellent for two months and have been atrocious for five months. I think I know which one the blip was.

It was the one where teams were scared of us, gave us too much respect and we were yet to suffer any loss of confidence.

Southend are a laughing stock. Absolutely abysmal. Side full of kids and they have twice as many points as us over the last ten games!!!

It's not a blip lads.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

'Blip' PMSL on 09:38 - Mar 9 with 2579 viewsbobbyramsey

....and don't forget how good we were for the previous twelve months.....
'Blip' PMSL on 09:38 - Mar 9 with 2582 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert has now taken us on multiple winless runs, one of which saw us relegated, all of which would have seen managers at other clubs sacked.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

'Blip' PMSL on 09:41 - Mar 9 with 2559 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

'Blip' PMSL on 09:38 - Mar 9 by BlueBadger

Lambert has now taken us on multiple winless runs, one of which saw us relegated, all of which would have seen managers at other clubs sacked.

You are right.

The thing is though, other clubs aren't stupid enough to give their managers lucrative contracts, off the back of some of these poor runs, that they then can't afford to release them from.

What an utter shambles.

'Blip' PMSL on 09:46 - Mar 9 with 2530 viewsWD19

We were not 'excellent' during those 2 months either.

We generally did enough.....against poor sides.....who clearly feared us a little. We also had a decent amount of luck.

KVY was 'excellent'. Holy was generally very good. Downes grew into his role. Norwood ran about with a lot of enthusiasm.

I would say we were only ever 'excellent' in spells though.....and certainly never for 90 minutes at a time.
'Blip' PMSL on 09:53 - Mar 9 with 2502 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

'Blip' PMSL on 09:46 - Mar 9 by WD19

We generally did enough.....against poor sides.....who clearly feared us a little. We also had a decent amount of luck.

KVY was 'excellent'. Holy was generally very good. Downes grew into his role. Norwood ran about with a lot of enthusiasm.

I would say we were only ever 'excellent' in spells though.....and certainly never for 90 minutes at a time.

We had an excellent two months then. 8 wins and 3 draws without defeat is excellent.

But in that you have

Burton - 1-0 - we were lucky to get a win
Sunderland - 1-1 - excellent first half and then hanging on
Peterborough - 2-2 - fairly even and we were lucky to equalise in stoppage time
Wimbledon - 2-1 - we were very poor and somehow nicked it at the death
Bolton - 5-0 - everyone was beating them 5-0
Shrewsbury - 3-0 - one excellent half and one poor one
Doncaster - 0-0 - we were awful
MK Dons - 1-0 - brilliant first half, poor in second
Gillingham - 1-0 - good first half, okay second
Tranmere - 4-1 - awful first half, excellent second
Fleetwood - 1-0 - reasonable in both halves

Only 4 goals conceded in 11, partly because teams didn't attack us but sat back and hoped to nick something. In those 11 games, which was title winning form, we had four excellent halves of football and were average across the rest.

The signs were there. We haven't had a good 90 minutes all season.

'Blip' PMSL on 09:54 - Mar 9 with 2499 viewsHerbivore

'Blip' PMSL on 09:46 - Mar 9 by WD19

Agreed, but what we managed to achieve was to be pretty solid and well organised and we had a consistent spine to the side. It was pretty average stuff but our individual quality was usually worth a goal or two from that solid base and we rarely conceded. It all went tits up when Lambingo really kicked in and we no longer had much in the way of shape or organisation and the line up went through a minimum of four changes every week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'Blip' PMSL on 11:21 - Mar 9 with 2432 viewsTractorCam

'Blip' PMSL on 09:54 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

Agreed, but what we managed to achieve was to be pretty solid and well organised and we had a consistent spine to the side. It was pretty average stuff but our individual quality was usually worth a goal or two from that solid base and we rarely conceded. It all went tits up when Lambingo really kicked in and we no longer had much in the way of shape or organisation and the line up went through a minimum of four changes every week.

But rotation will help us in the second half of the season whilst other teams tire.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

'Blip' PMSL on 11:26 - Mar 9 with 2421 viewsHerbivore

'Blip' PMSL on 11:21 - Mar 9 by TractorCam

But rotation will help us in the second half of the season whilst other teams tire.

Yes, I can't wait for our freshness and tactical flexibility to start paying off...........

Login to get fewer ads

'Blip' PMSL on 11:41 - Mar 9 with 2376 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

'Blip' PMSL on 11:21 - Mar 9 by TractorCam

And then we played Accrington live on tv!

Then everyone saw how to play us!!
'Blip' PMSL on 11:45 - Mar 9 with 2362 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Warky, I know that you are an intelligent poster.

Do not fall for Paul Lambert's press conferences. He has been playing these sort of cards at every club he has been at.

Could paste some articles of his time at Villa and Stoke and they are carbon copies of his Ipswich ones.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

'Blip' PMSL on 11:50 - Mar 9 with 2343 viewsTractorCam

'Blip' PMSL on 11:41 - Mar 9 by BtreeBlueBlood

And then we played Accrington live on tv!

Then everyone saw how to play us!!

Ooooo I like that one, we shall add Sky Sports in our growing list to blame for our failure

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

'Blip' PMSL on 13:35 - Mar 9 with 2215 viewsBlueBadger

'Blip' PMSL on 11:26 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

Yes, I can't wait for our freshness and tactical flexibility to start paying off...........

Plus, the matchday experience is much better now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

'Blip' PMSL on 13:36 - Mar 9 with 2213 viewsHerbivore

'Blip' PMSL on 13:35 - Mar 9 by BlueBadger

Plus, the matchday experience is much better now.

And the football is much better, if you ignore the fact that we don't create chances, or score goals, or win games.

'Blip' PMSL on 13:51 - Mar 9 with 2184 viewsBlueBadger

'Blip' PMSL on 13:36 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

And the football is much better, if you ignore the fact that we don't create chances, or score goals, or win games.

The performances have Improved. Look at the difference between us losing limply to top 6 Fleetwood compared to losing limply to Coventry, in the top 6.

'Blip' PMSL on 13:54 - Mar 9 with 2170 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Blip' PMSL on 13:36 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

In fairness there was a time last season when the football was much better. It seemed to be a fairly minor deviation from the general trend though - I'm not sure what work would best describe such an event.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Blip' PMSL on 13:58 - Mar 9 with 2157 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree on the whole.

Although we weren't remotely "excellent" for two months - our results were. I remember saying at the time that it was very encouraging that we weren't playing that well but were finding it no problem to gain points. The division felt very Mickey Mouse and it seemed inevitable that we could find another gear in our performances with momentum and confidence.

How wrong I was. Not only did the other teams start to get their act together as the season went on but we generally became much more random and incoherent.

We've had a shocker.

Pronouns: He/Him

'Blip' PMSL on 13:59 - Mar 9 with 2149 viewsBlueBadger

'Blip' PMSL on 13:54 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

In fairness there was a time last season when the football was much better. It seemed to be a fairly minor deviation from the general trend though - I'm not sure what work would best describe such an event.

Ah yes, the 'improved performances' that saw us picking up as many points as we had before.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024