Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Rowe 15:15 - Dec 18 with 1629 viewsgeg1992

It seems he's not rated on here by most? Am I the only one that really rates him?

He had a bit of a down spell but I think he's got a lot of talent, and always looks dangerous on the ball, far more so than the likes of Edwards. He's also much stronger than him. Certainly a player I'd be starting most matches. (Although of course I'm not a manager).

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Danny Rowe on 15:20 - Dec 18 with 1611 viewsGarv

Game of opinions.

I must say I really don't rate Rowe. I think he very rarely looks dangerous, although he does look a classy player in terms of technique and the way he gets about. I bet he's good in training.

I think Edwards is a better bet, but that's probably more based on what Edwards did last year, not this, because he was better last year. I don't know what's happened to him. Maybe Rowe just needs consistent games like Edwards got, but he needs to show something first. Edwards has a bit more credit in the bank so far I think.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Danny Rowe on 15:21 - Dec 18 with 1602 viewspointofblue

I think Rowe is better defensively than going forward; the full back he's covering seems more comfortable with him in front than any other option. He doesn't create enough though that can be criticism thrown at every winger on our books.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Danny Rowe on 15:28 - Dec 18 with 1578 viewsParky

I agree with you, I'd say he's our best wide player.

The nature of his playing style, not everything is going to come off; but when it does he looks the player to make things happen.

Works very hard off the ball as well and does a lot of defensive work with his pace.

Is he actually injured at the moment?
Danny Rowe on 15:31 - Dec 18 with 1566 viewsDanTheMan

Danny Rowe on 15:28 - Dec 18 by Parky

The nature of his playing style, not everything is going to come off; but when it does he looks the player to make things happen.

Works very hard off the ball as well and does a lot of defensive work with his pace.

"I'd say he's our best wide player."

That's because we don't have any good wide players, honestly. Edwards doesn't convince me either.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Danny Rowe on 15:31 - Dec 18 with 1563 viewspointofblue

Danny Rowe on 15:28 - Dec 18 by Parky

Yes, knee injury, I think?

Danny Rowe on 15:31 - Dec 18 with 1560 viewsTown_Boy

Agree very good player. Should get more game time but. Has just had his knee flushed out “lamberts words”

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Danny Rowe on 15:35 - Dec 18 with 1541 viewsPJH

Danny Rowe on 15:31 - Dec 18 by DanTheMan

"I'd say he's our best wide player."

That's because we don't have any good wide players, honestly. Edwards doesn't convince me either.

I certainly rate Rowe higher than Edwards and Rowe looked good in the first game of the season at Burton but has not done much since.

I would not dispute that he is our best wide player but as you say the competition for that title is not all that special.
Danny Rowe on 15:38 - Dec 18 with 1530 viewspointofblue

Danny Rowe on 15:35 - Dec 18 by PJH

I certainly rate Rowe higher than Edwards and Rowe looked good in the first game of the season at Burton but has not done much since.

I would not dispute that he is our best wide player but as you say the competition for that title is not all that special.

I'd argue Jackson is our best wide player at the moment, at least going forward, and he isn't even a winger. I think these positions are a greater concern moving forward than full (left) back.

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Rowe on 15:39 - Dec 18 with 1529 viewsDanTheMan

Danny Rowe on 15:35 - Dec 18 by PJH

Jackson is a better supplier than either of them. If we were going to strengthen in January then we should see some improve the wings. Think Norwood would be a lot more dangerous with some support on the wings as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Danny Rowe on 15:39 - Dec 18 with 1530 viewsSteve_M

He's not quite good enough to be a third division player. Works hard, good defensively but delivery and decision making is erratic. Even when he's played in a 4-4-2 he's not looked as good as he did at the start of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Danny Rowe on 15:40 - Dec 18 with 1525 viewshomer_123

We have three players in Rowe, Edwards and Judge who are all proficient but without really excelling.

The difference being that Judge (in particular) and Edwards 'should' be excellent in this league. My expectations for Rowe are lower but there is a player there, kind of.

Rowe is no less effective than Judge or Edwards but all three are not exactly pulling up trees. As I say, I don't have that expectation with Rowe but I do with Judge (who is severely under performing) and Edwards (who has a wonderful inability to be able to properly control a ball).
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 15:41]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Danny Rowe on 15:43 - Dec 18 with 1512 viewsPJH

Danny Rowe on 15:40 - Dec 18 by homer_123

We have three players in Rowe, Edwards and Judge who are all proficient but without really excelling.

The difference being that Judge (in particular) and Edwards 'should' be excellent in this league. My expectations for Rowe are lower but there is a player there, kind of.

Rowe is no less effective than Judge or Edwards but all three are not exactly pulling up trees. As I say, I don't have that expectation with Rowe but I do with Judge (who is severely under performing) and Edwards (who has a wonderful inability to be able to properly control a ball).
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 15:41]

But Edwards' inability to properly control a ball then sometimes leads to one of his other inabilities, the one to tackle properly and fairly.
Danny Rowe on 15:44 - Dec 18 with 1505 viewshomer_123

Danny Rowe on 15:43 - Dec 18 by PJH

But Edwards' inability to properly control a ball then sometimes leads to one of his other inabilities, the one to tackle properly and fairly.

Edwards as a wing back [shudders]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Danny Rowe on 15:46 - Dec 18 with 1501 viewspointofblue

Danny Rowe on 15:44 - Dec 18 by homer_123

Edwards as a wing back [shudders]

The suggestion was Edwards would have been played at right back on Saturday had he not been suspended. That's an even scarier proposition.

Danny Rowe on 16:05 - Dec 18 with 1453 viewsIllinoisblue

If I may damn him with faint praise, I'd rather see him in the team than Edwards

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Danny Rowe on 16:51 - Dec 18 with 1399 viewsRadlett_blue

Danny Rowe on 16:05 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

If I may damn him with faint praise, I'd rather see him in the team than Edwards

You won't be seeing him for a while as he's out for weeks with a knee injury. Would have been far worse but for our rotation policy, blusters Lambert.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Danny Rowe on 16:52 - Dec 18 with 1396 viewspointofblue

Danny Rowe on 16:51 - Dec 18 by Radlett_blue

You won't be seeing him for a while as he's out for weeks with a knee injury. Would have been far worse but for our rotation policy, blusters Lambert.

Had to smile when I read that comment - little dig going in under the radar there.

Danny Rowe on 17:04 - Dec 18 with 1382 viewsGeoffSentence

Danny Rowe on 15:31 - Dec 18 by pointofblue

Yes, knee injury, I think?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024