Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rampant Islamophobia 07:30 - Dec 12 with 768 viewsStokieBlue

Not the Tories for a change but the once secular state of India:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/11/india-to-bring-in-law-denying-citi

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rampant Islamophobia on 08:21 - Dec 12 with 731 viewsGeoffSentence

I was listening to an interview with an Indian politician about this on R4 this morning, very interesting and enlightening.

He started off confidently presenting it as a progressive and humanitarian measure aimed at providing refuge for persecuted minorities in the surrounding islamic countries. That was the reason, he explained, that the law did not allow for muslim immigrants from those states citizenship, because they could not be persecuted minorities.

When the subject of Rohingya refugees from Myanmar was brought up, the mask slipped and he started stumbling. The best he could offer was that they were still muslims and if they felt persecuted there were plenty of other muslim countries they could go to.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rampant Islamophobia on 08:28 - Dec 12 with 720 viewsStokieBlue

Rampant Islamophobia on 08:21 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

I was listening to an interview with an Indian politician about this on R4 this morning, very interesting and enlightening.

He started off confidently presenting it as a progressive and humanitarian measure aimed at providing refuge for persecuted minorities in the surrounding islamic countries. That was the reason, he explained, that the law did not allow for muslim immigrants from those states citizenship, because they could not be persecuted minorities.

When the subject of Rohingya refugees from Myanmar was brought up, the mask slipped and he started stumbling. The best he could offer was that they were still muslims and if they felt persecuted there were plenty of other muslim countries they could go to.

I was listening to that interview as well.

It's rather worrying that the world's two most populated countries with a combined population of nearly 3bn are both pursuing Islamophobic policies.

Could be something that affects global politics for the next 50 years.

SB

Rampant Islamophobia on 08:35 - Dec 12 with 708 viewswkj

This is new (for TWTD not for you)... calling out indecency in the world without the intent to score a political point. I like the cut of your jib.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 8:36]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rampant Islamophobia on 09:18 - Dec 12 with 665 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's been horrendous over there for a little while now.

No it's not the Tories, but it's the same ideology - the populist, right-wing, nationalism cancer that's affecting too many places these days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rampant Islamophobia on 16:08 - Dec 16 with 573 viewsStokieBlue

So we have another country rioting due to poor (or in this case racist) decisions by the government:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/16/india-protests-six-dead-as-demonst

SB

Rampant Islamophobia on 17:46 - Dec 16 with 526 viewsDarth_Koont

Rampant Islamophobia on 08:28 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

I was listening to that interview as well.

It's rather worrying that the world's two most populated countries with a combined population of nearly 3bn are both pursuing Islamophobic policies.

Could be something that affects global politics for the next 50 years.

SB

Probably trying to fit in with the US and UK.

I'm not 100% joking.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024