Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear 10:24 - Dec 13 with 572 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lies work.

Tell lies. Make them dramatic. Make them what people want to hear and you will win power.

I'm not saying that the Tories wouldn't have won or didn't deserve to win, despite the fact I despise them. That's democracy.

But the margin of the victory and the manner in which they have penetrated Labour strongholds is absolutely about getting Brexit done - even though we have absolutely no idea what will happen next - purely because they've bought into a river of lies.

What even is the point of trying to be honest in an election. It's quite clear the majority will ultimately be decided by whoever has told the most impressive lies.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:03 - Dec 13 with 522 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

None of this is new.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:13 - Dec 13 with 513 viewsParky

Chin up.
Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:17 - Dec 13 with 506 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:13 - Dec 13 by Parky

Chin up.

I'll be fine mate.

I am in a position where I won't be much richer or much poorer.

But what I do care about is that people who will likely be screwed have just voted for themselves to be screwed because they have naively trusted the word of a politician who has told them what they want to hear.

That's incredibly sad. We should live in a society where politicians are held to account, statements have to be backed up by fact and we can then all make our decisions in good faith and cannot argue about the result.

I accept the outcome. That's democracy. But it's clear a lot of people have just turned a gun on themselves without even realising it.

There's an old proverb. The forest continues to vote for the axe because, with it's wooden handle, it has convinced them it is one of them.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:24 - Dec 13 with 493 viewsclive_baker

Lying works, people don’t tend to question anything they read which is madness.

Seemingly, also, an institutional discrimination of Jews isn’t palatable either. Who woulda thunk it?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:28 - Dec 13 with 481 viewschicoazul

Here is the thing.

"The right" we shall call it even though it's not very right wing, in this country and elsewhere, stage dramas with their campaigns. They base them on simple slogans ideologies and themes, and there is always a villain.

"The left" give lectures. That's their way of campaigning; hectoring, brow-beating, and belittling.

It's been like this basically since WW2.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:31 - Dec 13 with 476 viewsNo9

Trump - Johnson + other 'populist' politicians
It's happened before
Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:31 - Dec 13 with 476 viewsParky

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:17 - Dec 13 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'll be fine mate.

I am in a position where I won't be much richer or much poorer.

But what I do care about is that people who will likely be screwed have just voted for themselves to be screwed because they have naively trusted the word of a politician who has told them what they want to hear.

That's incredibly sad. We should live in a society where politicians are held to account, statements have to be backed up by fact and we can then all make our decisions in good faith and cannot argue about the result.

I accept the outcome. That's democracy. But it's clear a lot of people have just turned a gun on themselves without even realising it.

There's an old proverb. The forest continues to vote for the axe because, with it's wooden handle, it has convinced them it is one of them.

As stated by somebody else, sadly this isn't anything new.

Lets be honest, I don't really think this GE was decided by any of the manifesto's; this was basically just another referendum.

Looking on Social Media this morning, most people voted simply to just leave the EU and as get Brexit done.

Lets see what the future holds
Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:36 - Dec 13 with 463 viewsbrazil1982

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:31 - Dec 13 by Parky

Lets be honest, I don't really think this GE was decided by any of the manifesto's; this was basically just another referendum.

Looking on Social Media this morning, most people voted simply to just leave the EU and as get Brexit done.

"have naively trusted the word of a politician who has told them what they want to hear"

Labour's manifesto is what they assumed people "wanted to hear" too.
Login to get fewer ads

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:46 - Dec 13 with 433 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whether you are Labour or Conservative one thing looks crystal clear on 11:31 - Dec 13 by Parky

Most people probably didn't though. You're just seeing the echo chamber of your own views.

The openly pro-Brexit parties have got 46.5% of the vote so far. Although we've no idea how many brexiteers voted for the ambivalent Labour party.

A general election can never be a proxy referendum; it'll never be about one thing. Boris is right to claim that he now has a mandate to proceed as he won standing on that manifesto, but it can't be equated to a referendum.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024