Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star 17:33 - Dec 10 with 1133 viewsPendejo

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/algis-adomavicius-mercedes-felixstowe-to-ipsw

Driver 1 - 100mcg, failed to stop, had to be rammed off the road - 25 month ban £200 fine

Driver 2 - 40mcg - 12 month ban £450 fine [+£50 no MOT]

Driver 3 - 89mcg - 22 month ban £750 fine [+£100 no insurance]

Driver 4 - 51 mcg - 12 month ban £490 fine

Driver 5 - 56mcg - 14 month ban £120 fine [after being involved in a collision!]

Why wasn't driver 1's fine the biggest?
Why was driver 5's fine the smallest?
Is it really each case on its own merits?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:36 - Dec 10 with 1110 viewsLord_Lucan

Generally fines are in proportion to wages.

Lucan Top Tip

Always lie about your income.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:38 - Dec 10 with 1099 viewsPJH

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:36 - Dec 10 by Lord_Lucan

Lucan Top Tip

or don't drink and drive.
Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:48 - Dec 10 with 1066 viewsLord_Lucan

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:38 - Dec 10 by PJH

or don't drink and drive.

I wasn't specifically talking about drink driving.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:52 - Dec 10 with 1053 viewsPJH

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:48 - Dec 10 by Lord_Lucan

I wasn't specifically talking about drink driving.

Yes, I assumed that and I wasn't having a go at you-I wouldn't dare!
Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:55 - Dec 10 with 1055 viewsLord_Lucan

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:52 - Dec 10 by PJH

Yes, I assumed that and I wasn't having a go at you-I wouldn't dare!

You are more than welcome to have a go at me as much as you like. Living with my Mrs it would be like water off a ducks back!

I'm not easily offended PJH

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:56 - Dec 10 with 1050 viewsSwansea_Blue

So take home message is, if you’re going to drink and drive you may as well do it properly and get really pissed!

(Don’t do this at home kids).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:59 - Dec 10 with 1032 viewsPJH

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:55 - Dec 10 by Lord_Lucan

You are more than welcome to have a go at me as much as you like. Living with my Mrs it would be like water off a ducks back!

I'm not easily offended PJH

But you are a Lord, even if you are missing.
Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 19:02 - Dec 10 with 960 viewsjontysnut

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 17:36 - Dec 10 by Lord_Lucan

Lucan Top Tip

Yes, mother in law (84) got a fine for speeding and not sending of licence. Fine based on her pension and not the 50 grand she's got in a shoe box under the bed.
Login to get fewer ads

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 19:16 - Dec 10 with 935 viewsallezlesbleus

So many punishments these days seem unequal.

My kids like watching these police programmes and it seems that if you are a repeat offender and a "total tw*$", then you just get a night in the cells and a telling off. If you are a hard working person who makes an error of judgement, you get the book thrown at you.
Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 19:27 - Dec 10 with 892 viewsSitfcB

...and then you get this for not turning your passport in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 19:33 - Dec 10 with 886 viewsBlueBadger

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 19:27 - Dec 10 by SitfcB

...and then you get this for not turning your passport in.

Said supporter probably has previous for violence/general dickheadery/just bantz* at football and was under an order to stop him doing more violence.

*Delete as appropriate to the number of W@nks you've had over 'Green Street'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Article about drink drive convictions in Ipswich Star on 20:19 - Dec 10 with 816 viewsWD19

I thought all of the punishments were ridiculously light, especially the first one......but on further inspection he did at least have to do 180 hours of unpaid/community work. That is no small matter.......albeit very well deserved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024