Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton 09:28 - Nov 19 with 1641 viewsSaleAway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50468160

apparently Harry Kane isn't certain of his England place....

LMAO

Golden boot in the world cup, captain and scoring international goals for fun.

"Despite an international break in which England scored 11 goals - a 7-0 thrashing of Montenegro to secure top spot in Group A followed by a 4-0 win in Kosovo - former Premier League striker Chris Sutton said captain Kane is not certain of a starting place in the side.
"Going into the game against Kosovo, I thought two players were cemented in [England manager] Gareth Southgate's starting XI, and that would be Harry Maguire and Sterling," said Sutton.
"If you look at Harry Kane's form in the Premier League this season, you would say that Tammy Abraham has played better this season for his club.
"It is not an easy decision, but if you strip everything back and look at club form in the Premier League this season, Kane would be third choice behind Abraham and Jamie Vardy."

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:32 - Nov 19 with 1608 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

When will this group of radio presenters who are only focused on winding people up going to disappear. Whatever happened to good journalism.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:37 - Nov 19 with 1582 viewsGuthrum

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:32 - Nov 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

When will this group of radio presenters who are only focused on winding people up going to disappear. Whatever happened to good journalism.

I happened to be listening to the build up for the England game last Thursday, while driving somewhere. Had to turn the radio off until I was sure the match had started, as it had just degenerated into a manufactured and pointless argument with all the presenters shouting over each other. Bad radio, little more than a confused noise and simply not worth hearing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:44 - Nov 19 with 1552 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:37 - Nov 19 by Guthrum

I happened to be listening to the build up for the England game last Thursday, while driving somewhere. Had to turn the radio off until I was sure the match had started, as it had just degenerated into a manufactured and pointless argument with all the presenters shouting over each other. Bad radio, little more than a confused noise and simply not worth hearing.

Not sure if this is talk sport you are talking about.

Bell*nds like Adrian Durham have ruined that station. His stupid claim that Bergkamp wasn't in the top 5 Dutch players in PL history boiled my p*ss. I know he wants bites and he got me, I just don't understand how you can study to be a journalist and only go for bites.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:45 - Nov 19 with 1546 viewsGuthrum

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:44 - Nov 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

Not sure if this is talk sport you are talking about.

Bell*nds like Adrian Durham have ruined that station. His stupid claim that Bergkamp wasn't in the top 5 Dutch players in PL history boiled my p*ss. I know he wants bites and he got me, I just don't understand how you can study to be a journalist and only go for bites.

No, that was Radio 5.

And Sutton was involved.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 9:45]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:51 - Nov 19 with 1514 viewsDanTheMan

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:32 - Nov 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

Frustratingly, people enjoy manufactured drama. So I doubt it will ever go away now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:52 - Nov 19 with 1505 viewsbrazil1982

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:51 - Nov 19 by DanTheMan

Frustratingly, people enjoy manufactured drama. So I doubt it will ever go away now.

Unfortunately there are too many "pundits" and "experts" now, and several want to be, or are told to be, controversial.

I had to switch R5 off after the match, can't listen to Clinton Morrison.
The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:54 - Nov 19 with 1504 viewsitfcjoe

It's all about podcasts for me now, able to get such better content and move onto the next one if the standards do slip

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:54 - Nov 19 with 1499 viewschicoazul

wELL i HATE cHRIS sUTTON AS MUCH AS THE NEXT RIGHT THINKING MAN, BUT HE DOES HAVE A GERM OF A POINT THERE

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO GO BACK AND CHANGE IT

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:55 - Nov 19 with 1493 viewschicoazul

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:52 - Nov 19 by brazil1982

Unfortunately there are too many "pundits" and "experts" now, and several want to be, or are told to be, controversial.

I think he's good, and I like Robbie Savage too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:55 - Nov 19 with 1495 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:52 - Nov 19 by brazil1982

I actually met Clinton Morrison at Liverpool street earlier in the year. Lovely bloke. Not sure on him as a pundit though.

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:58 - Nov 19 with 1481 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:54 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

It's all about podcasts for me now, able to get such better content and move onto the next one if the standards do slip

Which ones are you listening to in terms of journalism? Listen to quickly Kevin and Undr the cosh for the comedy value. I don't have many when it comes to knowledge and actual journalism.

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:03 - Nov 19 with 1464 viewsitfcjoe

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 09:58 - Nov 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

Which ones are you listening to in terms of journalism? Listen to quickly Kevin and Undr the cosh for the comedy value. I don't have many when it comes to knowledge and actual journalism.

Mostly football league based at the moment like Not The Top 20 and Totally Football League Show

I really like the Football Ramble Daily one as keeps you up to date with everything, 5 Live World Football Phone In on a Friday night is brilliant.

I run out of time in reality but both the Guardian Football Weekly and Totally Football Show are a much more informative listen that the 5 Live coverage which is going down the wrong road for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:04 - Nov 19 with 1453 viewsdavblue

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:03 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Mostly football league based at the moment like Not The Top 20 and Totally Football League Show

I really like the Football Ramble Daily one as keeps you up to date with everything, 5 Live World Football Phone In on a Friday night is brilliant.

I run out of time in reality but both the Guardian Football Weekly and Totally Football Show are a much more informative listen that the 5 Live coverage which is going down the wrong road for me

The transfer window is a good one with Duncan Castles.
The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:07 - Nov 19 with 1434 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:03 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Cheers, will have a look at some of these. Need something different to Jon Parkin and Josh Widdicome, as much as I like them.

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:38 - Nov 19 with 1389 viewsFtnfwest

This from somebody who refused to play for his country. He's so well placed to comment on things like this then.
The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:57 - Nov 19 with 1339 viewsrickw

I heard it and I agree with Chris Sutton.
He said Kane is very likely to start but because Abraham's league form has been better it's no longer 100%

We're about a third of the way through their season, so if you triple their goal tally's so Abraham will have scored 30 league goals and Kane 18, surely nobody would be 100% and not just 99% certain Kane will start

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:01 - Nov 19 with 1330 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 10:57 - Nov 19 by rickw

I heard it and I agree with Chris Sutton.
He said Kane is very likely to start but because Abraham's league form has been better it's no longer 100%

We're about a third of the way through their season, so if you triple their goal tally's so Abraham will have scored 30 league goals and Kane 18, surely nobody would be 100% and not just 99% certain Kane will start

I am 100% sure that Kane will start for England if fit, even if he only scores 18 goals. He is the first name on the Team sheet isn't he?

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:05 - Nov 19 with 1295 viewsFtnfwest

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:01 - Nov 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

I am 100% sure that Kane will start for England if fit, even if he only scores 18 goals. He is the first name on the Team sheet isn't he?

Dunno, Maguire seemingly is 100% guaranteed a spot but frightens the life out of me. Appreciate the lack of quality competition but even so...
The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:12 - Nov 19 with 1281 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:05 - Nov 19 by Ftnfwest

Dunno, Maguire seemingly is 100% guaranteed a spot but frightens the life out of me. Appreciate the lack of quality competition but even so...

Agreed. The few games that he had partnered with Keane an/or Stones in the nations league and qualifiers made me s*it myself. A far cry from their performances in the world cup, probably because they weren't playing in the back 3 that worked kind of well

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:20 - Nov 19 with 1258 viewsrickw

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:01 - Nov 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

How many more goals does Abraham need to score to have a 1% chance? :-P

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:38 - Nov 19 with 1213 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:20 - Nov 19 by rickw

He can start up front with Kane if he makes 22

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:39 - Nov 19 with 1212 viewsSaleAway

The latest stupid thing to come out of Chris Sutton on 11:20 - Nov 19 by rickw

Assuming goals scored is what they judge it on is flawed. Marcus Stewart was top english goalscorer in our good prem season, didn't see too many pundits suggesting he should be picked ahead of Cole and Owen...

Kane is the captain, he's scored goals on the biggest stage... if he's not injured, he's nailed on.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024