Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? 20:08 - Sep 4 with 5368 viewsnoggin

Even his own MPs think he's a dick.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:13 - Sep 4 with 3002 viewsGirthyguy

With the initials BJ he was always destined to suck.
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:18 - Sep 4 with 2985 viewsGuthrum

As soon as he started promoting no deal (or, at least, a schedule so absurd that would be the inevitable outcome), he lost what little chance he had of success.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:22 - Sep 4 with 2958 viewsgiant_stow

Reading more and more stuff agreeing with you, but not really understanding the thinking - can't he still win an election?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:23 - Sep 4 with 2943 viewsBloomBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:22 - Sep 4 by giant_stow

Reading more and more stuff agreeing with you, but not really understanding the thinking - can't he still win an election?

Yes because of one word, 'Corbyn'
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:28 - Sep 4 with 2920 viewsgiant_stow

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:23 - Sep 4 by BloomBlue

Yes because of one word, 'Corbyn'

And if he openly goes for a hard brexit, no farage to split the vote. I must be missing something.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:29 - Sep 4 with 2910 viewsvapour_trail

I’m not convinced noggin. In an election campaign, I think his brand of ill informed optimism will go well.

I did enjoy ken clarke eviscerating him a little earlier though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:34 - Sep 4 with 2879 viewsGuthrum

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:22 - Sep 4 by giant_stow

He can, but how likely is he to?

Yes, he may pick up some Brexit Party votes by dragging the Conservatives to the No Deal extreme, but, at the same time, he is alienating moderates and swing voters.

There's a good chance he will lose seats in Scotland to the SNP and in the South West to the LibDems. There's some chance the Brexit Party might even grab a seat or two in places like Clacton. Some of the ousted Tories might get back in as independents (e.g. Rory Stewart).

Johnson is hoping to offset that by taking seats in pro-Brexit, usually Labour-supporting areas of the North. But that involves overcoming some big majorities if he wants to win enough for the chance forming another government, let along getting an outright majority. Lots of people in those areas don't have fond memories of the Conservatives from the days of Thatcher, not to mention modern austerity. That's a big cultural block to overcome.

It's a steep hill to climb and I think there's far more chance of a Hung Parliament, probably with Johnson's Conservatives unable to put together a coalition or alliance with sufficient numbers.

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:35 - Sep 4 with 2875 viewsjas0999

Agreed but Corbyn is no better.
Login to get fewer ads

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:37 - Sep 4 with 2860 viewsGuthrum

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:28 - Sep 4 by giant_stow

And if he openly goes for a hard brexit, no farage to split the vote. I must be missing something.

A lot of Farage's strength (judging by UKIP voting in 2015) is concentrated in the Fens and around the Thames Estuary - already Conservative areas. That may increase majorities, but won't win new seats.

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 2787 viewssparks

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:18 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

As soon as he started promoting no deal (or, at least, a schedule so absurd that would be the inevitable outcome), he lost what little chance he had of success.

I hope you are right.

However- it is the populist lowest denominator stance and approach. And he can bluster through the obvious lies.

Trump continues to get away with it. Is this country similarly limited in intelligence and thought? Not impossible....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:55 - Sep 4 with 2750 viewsGuthrum

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:50 - Sep 4 by sparks

I hope you are right.

However- it is the populist lowest denominator stance and approach. And he can bluster through the obvious lies.

Trump continues to get away with it. Is this country similarly limited in intelligence and thought? Not impossible....

Yes, altho part of the reason for Trump's success has been the sheer distances in the USA. Foreign affairs are a long way away, even regional issues. They are very aware of their economic strength.

It's very different in the UK. Everything - including the Continent - is much closer. We are all to aware of our economic fragility.

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:06 - Sep 4 with 2703 viewsRyorry

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:50 - Sep 4 by sparks

I hope you are right.

Having heard a few people from the NE^ speak on R5l today I suspect you may be right -
Q "Why do you want to leave without a deal?"

Answers - 1) "Because I'm English 2) Because I want us to show we can stand on our own feet 3) Because we got on alright before we went into the Common Market didn't we 4) Because we pay out to them more than what we get back 5) Because no-one asked me about going in"

^Other areas of the country are available & may speak differently^

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 with 2685 viewsMetal_Hacker

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:06 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Having heard a few people from the NE^ speak on R5l today I suspect you may be right -

Answers - 1) "Because I'm English 2) Because I want us to show we can stand on our own feet 3) Because we got on alright before we went into the Common Market didn't we 4) Because we pay out to them more than what we get back 5) Because no-one asked me about going in"

That’s just scary .....

This is getting out of control and people really need to start and consider not just themselves and not just the short term ffs

Poll: If it were one or the other

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 with 2676 viewsRyorry

Hoist by his own p'tard

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 with 2675 viewsGlasgowBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:29 - Sep 4 by vapour_trail

I’m not convinced noggin. In an election campaign, I think his brand of ill informed optimism will go well.

I did enjoy ken clarke eviscerating him a little earlier though.

His strategy of nicking labour seats in leave areas is deeply flawed as he will lose 10 seats in Scotland and many more in the south.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 with 2673 viewsnoggin

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:06 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Sounds like my own mother, sadly.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:10 - Sep 4 with 2664 viewsRyorry

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 by Metal_Hacker

That’s just scary .....

This is getting out of control and people really need to start and consider not just themselves and not just the short term ffs

That might work if everybody had a functioning brain.

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:12 - Sep 4 with 2653 viewssparks

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

His strategy of nicking labour seats in leave areas is deeply flawed as he will lose 10 seats in Scotland and many more in the south.

I think and hope that Libdems will go back to doing rather well in the South West as well. Possibly more losses to independents such as Hammond who choose to continue without the whip...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:18 - Sep 4 with 2594 viewsghostofescobar

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:35 - Sep 4 by jas0999

Agreed but Corbyn is no better.

Cummings entire strategy is based around Corbyn being less popular than Johnson and therefore calculating that the Tories will win the election. Corbyn is probably unelectable on a national level (and I say that as a Labour voter)

GhostOfEscobar

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:24 - Sep 4 with 2547 viewsBloomBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

But Labour will lose many seats to LibDems, it's a counter balance. Based on the current model it will be a hung parliament with the SDP ultimately holding power and the SDP will only form a coalition with the party who will let them have a second referendum.
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:34 - Sep 4 with 2495 viewsGlasgowBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:12 - Sep 4 by sparks

I think and hope that Libdems will go back to doing rather well in the South West as well. Possibly more losses to independents such as Hammond who choose to continue without the whip...

He is going to have to do a face saving about turn and restore the whip to the rebels. 100 MPs from the one nation wing of the party have written asking him to do so. Expect a goodwill gesture in the name of listening to his colleagues.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:41 - Sep 4 with 2459 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:34 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

He is going to have to do a face saving about turn and restore the whip to the rebels. 100 MPs from the one nation wing of the party have written asking him to do so. Expect a goodwill gesture in the name of listening to his colleagues.

Not sure how that one works.

He is stuffed if he doesn't restore the whip because most of them will stand, are popular and big names so will either split the vote or possibly win as independents. If he does restore it he is seen as weak and loses the support of those who have warmed to his hard line no deal or bust. He has painted himself into a corner that seems highly unlikely to be able to escape from.

I don't think he wants a general election but somehow seems to think the hollow threat will bring about some support for him. I can't see how his thinking works.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:45 - Sep 4 with 2415 viewsKropotkin123

I think the most likely scenario is a conservative minority government. with the DUP unable to bridge the gap

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:46 - Sep 4 with 2414 viewsBloomBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:41 - Sep 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure how that one works.

He is stuffed if he doesn't restore the whip because most of them will stand, are popular and big names so will either split the vote or possibly win as independents. If he does restore it he is seen as weak and loses the support of those who have warmed to his hard line no deal or bust. He has painted himself into a corner that seems highly unlikely to be able to escape from.

I don't think he wants a general election but somehow seems to think the hollow threat will bring about some support for him. I can't see how his thinking works.

Because people distrust Corbyn more than BJ and still see Corbyn as someone who cannot make a decision. If Labour kicked out Corbyn it would change so much but Labour front bench lacks the balls to kick him out.
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:46 - Sep 4 with 2411 viewsWeWereZombies

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:24 - Sep 4 by BloomBlue

But Labour will lose many seats to LibDems, it's a counter balance. Based on the current model it will be a hung parliament with the SDP ultimately holding power and the SDP will only form a coalition with the party who will let them have a second referendum.

The SDP ceased to exist in 1988

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDP%E2%80%93Liberal_Alliance

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024