Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Election announcement tomorrow boyos 13:11 - Sep 2 with 1449 viewschicoazul

///taps nose

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:16 - Sep 2 with 1425 viewsJ2BLUE

Hope so

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:25 - Sep 2 with 1388 viewsGuthrum

As I said to Homer, under FTPA2011 he can't just announce an election, he'll have to get a vote through the Commons with a two-thirds majority.

Whether Labour would be able to resist the temptation is another question. Probably not.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:26 - Sep 2 with 1373 viewsStokieBlue

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:25 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

As I said to Homer, under FTPA2011 he can't just announce an election, he'll have to get a vote through the Commons with a two-thirds majority.

Whether Labour would be able to resist the temptation is another question. Probably not.

JC has said today that an election is top priority. Labour would back it if called.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:28 - Sep 2 with 1360 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brexit: No 10 'considering' election amid no-deal battle with MPs by GlasgowBlue 2 Sep 2019 13:25
Corbyn has called for a General election every day since 2017. He's backed himself into a corner on this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 1351 viewsGuthrum

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:26 - Sep 2 by StokieBlue

JC has said today that an election is top priority. Labour would back it if called.

SB

What if he insists on an A50 extension as the price for his party's support?

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:31 - Sep 2 with 1337 viewsStokieBlue

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:29 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

What if he insists on an A50 extension as the price for his party's support?

Then the Tories don't call one and he doesn't get his shot at power. He won't allow that to happen. Governing is more important than brexit to him in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:33 - Sep 2 with 1328 viewsWeWereZombies

There is also the full hearing on the challenge to the legality of shutting down Parliament tomorrow, if Johnson loses that will he have to immediately resign anyway?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:33 - Sep 2 with 1323 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:28 - Sep 2 by GlasgowBlue

Brexit: No 10 'considering' election amid no-deal battle with MPs by GlasgowBlue 2 Sep 2019 13:25
Corbyn has called for a General election every day since 2017. He's backed himself into a corner on this.

He has but he’d be screwed even if he hadn’t - the country is so divided and some people so anti-Boris and Brexit that if the chance of an election is given and Labour blocked it then he’d be toast

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:40 - Sep 2 with 1288 viewsGuthrum

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:33 - Sep 2 by WeWereZombies

There is also the full hearing on the challenge to the legality of shutting down Parliament tomorrow, if Johnson loses that will he have to immediately resign anyway?

No. It's very difficult for a court to enforce.

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:42 - Sep 2 with 1270 viewsDarkHorse

We are so utterly, utterly f*cked.
Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:44 - Sep 2 with 1261 viewsGuthrum

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:31 - Sep 2 by StokieBlue

Then the Tories don't call one and he doesn't get his shot at power. He won't allow that to happen. Governing is more important than brexit to him in my opinion.

SB

I think you're right in that assessment of Corbyn's approach. I doubt he will be able to resist the temptation.

Not to mention the opprobium often heaped upon those MPs who vote against having their position endorsed (or otherwise) by the electorate.

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:49 - Sep 2 with 1217 viewsWeWereZombies

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:40 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

No. It's very difficult for a court to enforce.

Perhaps, but it intrigues me that the judge set aside the temporary judgement procedure to go for the full hearing instead. If it turns out that Johnson and Rees-Mogg should never have set up the proroguing and have severely embarrassed the Sovereign then their positions become untenable and a discrete way of dumping them has to be found. In the current climate one could even see pathways in which this scenario was set up just to eliminate them. It does sound far fetched, desperate and spiteful...but this is the Conservative Party 2019 we are talking about.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:58 - Sep 2 with 1177 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

So he has

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 14:17 - Sep 2 with 1127 viewsGuthrum

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:58 - Sep 2 by GlasgowBlue

So he has

Not clever. But then, as others have said, he cares more about getting into power than Brexit.

Think Labour will find it as difficult to chase a majority as the Conservatives. Not just the "Commie Corbyn" factor, but also compensating for the loss of Scotland in 2015.

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 14:29 - Sep 2 with 1088 viewsSwansea_Blue

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 13:42 - Sep 2 by DarkHorse

We are so utterly, utterly f*cked.

nicely put

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Election announcement tomorrow boyos on 15:06 - Sep 2 with 1000 viewsBlueBadger

SB

They're both just behaving like inept super-villains now, aren't they?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024