Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst 09:33 - Aug 4 with 3444 viewsDublinBlue84

Posted this in the thread about Hurst but a few people suggested it's better in it's own thread - usual caveats about the fact it's a Google translation of a Polish article!

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fweszlo.com%2F2

Confirms a lot of what has been said here about the start of last season, Hurst was only there a month and basically started laying into all the senior pros behind the scenes and saying they were only there for the money and didn't try and it came as a relief to the players when he had gone.

Also suggested poor man management and a lack of communication between the coaching staff and the players and whenever people wanted to speak to him he had his feet up on he desk and was generally a strange character.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:38 - Aug 4 with 2929 viewsfooters

Very illuminating article. Seems Hurst/Doig really pulled a Cloughie pretty much as they were through the door!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 2907 viewsartsbossbeard

Pretty much agrees with what I was posting at the time.

Didn't read it all but does Bart reference not knowing he wasn't playing v Norwich 'til the morning of the game?

Where he'd been training in the lead up to it as the expected keeper on the day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 2884 viewsfooters

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:39 - Aug 4 by artsbossbeard

Didn't read it all but does Bart reference not knowing he wasn't playing v Norwich 'til the morning of the game?

Where he'd been training in the lead up to it as the expected keeper on the day.

Yep!

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:41 - Aug 4 with 2850 viewsartsbossbeard

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:40 - Aug 4 by footers

Yep!

Hurst = feckin loon.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:43 - Aug 4 with 2808 viewsBluefish

That game was pure panic from Hurst. He lost all sense of control and perspective. Until that moment he told eveyone they must believe in his system, he then instantly lost his own belief. It was keanesque

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:43 - Aug 4 with 2804 viewsfooters

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:41 - Aug 4 by artsbossbeard

Hurst = feckin loon.

Hurry up, ABB, you're late for your pants photo. Say cheese :)

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 2729 viewsmrshallisfit

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:41 - Aug 4 by artsbossbeard

Hurst = feckin loon.

Hurst= out of his depth little twerp.
Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:52 - Aug 4 with 2698 viewsIllinoisblue

I wish him and Doig nothing but ill-will. Pair of clowns who caused so much damage to our club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 10:19 - Aug 4 with 2471 viewsagentp

I think Bart was very respectful there, still being an Ipswich player and all that. There are far worse stories about Hurst, and Doig to come out.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 10:36 - Aug 4 with 2337 viewsMullet

Still amazes me there were so many credible reports coming out from different places, yet you know....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 2308 viewsBluefish

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:52 - Aug 4 by Illinoisblue

I wish him and Doig nothing but ill-will. Pair of clowns who caused so much damage to our club.

Similarly roy keane. At least Hurst was booted out early. Amazes me that some still carry a flame for keane

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 10:40 - Aug 4 with 2288 viewsMullet

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 10:39 - Aug 4 by Bluefish

Similarly roy keane. At least Hurst was booted out early. Amazes me that some still carry a flame for keane

Whereas people still besmirch some of our greatest managers such as Mick McCarthy and Joe Royle. Amazing eh?

Arf on 10:41 - Aug 4 with 2293 viewsDyland

Literally not a single Town fan "carries a flame" for Keane.

Some think he was less of a disaster than Jewell but that's another story :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Arf on 10:41 - Aug 4 with 2271 viewsMullet

Arf on 10:41 - Aug 4 by Dyland

Literally not a single Town fan "carries a flame" for Keane.

Some think he was less of a disaster than Jewell but that's another story :)

Fact.

YSC x

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 10:59 - Aug 4 with 2145 viewsBlueBadger

I it really machs you think. I can't even begin to mullet over.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:03 - Aug 4 with 2111 viewsChurchman

The pair of them were so far out of their depth they needed an aqualung. How they did anything at Shrewsbury and Grimsby staggers me.

The worst manager the club ever had, beating other ineptitudes in Jewell, Milburn and Keane
Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:11 - Aug 4 with 2052 viewsReuser_is_God

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 09:52 - Aug 4 by Illinoisblue

Yes, I was delighted to see Scunthorpe were beaten 2-0 yesterday.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:39 - Aug 4 with 1879 viewsHipsterectomy

It is weird that PH came here with almost a resentment of the senior pros here.I'm not sure if that's a jealousy thing, or because he feared them as they were arguable more successful than he had been in his playing career and he was a bit of an unkown manager.

I would have thought the first thing you do is appeal to players like Chambers, Bart, Skuse and get them on your side...not alienate them and question their ability and commitment.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:52 - Aug 4 with 1822 viewsjeera

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:39 - Aug 4 by Hipsterectomy

It is weird that PH came here with almost a resentment of the senior pros here.I'm not sure if that's a jealousy thing, or because he feared them as they were arguable more successful than he had been in his playing career and he was a bit of an unkown manager.

I would have thought the first thing you do is appeal to players like Chambers, Bart, Skuse and get them on your side...not alienate them and question their ability and commitment.

As you say, it reeked of insecurity.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:01 - Aug 4 with 1790 viewsfooters

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:52 - Aug 4 by jeera

As you say, it reeked of insecurity.

How tall is he again?

Just sayin'!

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:32 - Aug 4 with 1689 viewsjeera

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:01 - Aug 4 by footers

How tall is he again?

Just sayin'!

What you trying to say?

Wanna fight?

I could take you, you know. I could.

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:47 - Aug 4 with 1667 viewsTrequartista

It's just one side of the story so it doesn't confirm anything. I've heard the other side whereby the senior professionals were not interested in taking on board new methods from a manager from the lower divisions.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:51 - Aug 4 with 1636 viewsjeera

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:47 - Aug 4 by Trequartista

It's just one side of the story so it doesn't confirm anything. I've heard the other side whereby the senior professionals were not interested in taking on board new methods from a manager from the lower divisions.

I would venture to say there must have also been an element of that, of course.

It stands to reason there would not have been any conflict had everyone been on the same page.

But it's also possible the seniors snubbed his ideas because they were the sort of thing they were doing when they were also 4ft and 10 years old.

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:51 - Aug 4 with 1635 viewsartsbossbeard

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:47 - Aug 4 by Trequartista

Hi Paul, how's tricks?

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 12:54 - Aug 4 with 1628 viewssparks

Polish Interview with Bart lifts lid on Hurst on 11:39 - Aug 4 by Hipsterectomy

I recall saying at the time that my concern with Hurst was that it was going to be difficult to properly manage and relate to players who are of a considerably higher standard than he ever consistently played at.

At least one board regular was obnoxious to me in response. I was right!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024