Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation 07:57 - Jul 26 with 1139 viewsGeoffSentence

Doesn't look so amusing now

https://www.jaredomara.co.uk/recentactivity/2019/7/25/statement-regarding-my-men

That is a really open statement. Looks like there have been some pretty heavy mental health issues going on behind the scenes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 08:19 - Jul 26 with 1066 viewsGlasgowBlue

Former Labour MP Jared O'Mara twitter meltdown by GlasgowBlue 25 Jul 2019 16:47
Further to this. it all looked hilarious at the time but his former press spokesman then went on to mock O'Mara for his alcohol addiction and other issues.

Having read this statement it's clear that Jared O'Mara is a very troubled young man.

https://www.jaredomara.co.uk/recentactivity/2019/7/25/statement-regarding-my-mental-health-and-recent-events

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 08:35 - Jul 26 with 1011 viewsGuthrum

Sounds like O'Mara should not have been put ip to stand for the Commons in the first place. However much he wanted it, his health was not sufficiently robust to face the stress (same as if he's had a dodgy heart). Somebody gave that the go-ahead and ought to be censured for their irresponsibility.

Perhaps, also, there ought to be better support systems in the party and in Parliament.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 08:58 - Jul 26 with 945 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 08:35 - Jul 26 by Guthrum

Sounds like O'Mara should not have been put ip to stand for the Commons in the first place. However much he wanted it, his health was not sufficiently robust to face the stress (same as if he's had a dodgy heart). Somebody gave that the go-ahead and ought to be censured for their irresponsibility.

Perhaps, also, there ought to be better support systems in the party and in Parliament.

The Carl Sargeant suicide highlighted the need for better support within oarty political structures.

Sadly, we seem to have dehumanised politicians and it takes an episode such as this to realise that they are normal people with normal frailties.

See also Jo Cox. After she was murdered people realised what a good caring person she was. There are many good caring people from all sides of the political divide.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 09:04 - Jul 26 with 928 viewsNotSure

Now I know nothing about Jared O'Mara but this does seem to be the default excuse nowadays when someone behaves disgracefully.
Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 09:15 - Jul 26 with 896 viewsGuthrum

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 09:04 - Jul 26 by NotSure

Now I know nothing about Jared O'Mara but this does seem to be the default excuse nowadays when someone behaves disgracefully.

Suggest you read a bit about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_O%27Mara

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 12:09 - Jul 26 with 785 viewsuefacup81

Hmm... a brief mention of the issues at hand, followed by blaming anyone and everyone else for the situation.

The fact of the matter is that if he has been assessed by his own GP as unfit to carry out his duties, he should stand down and allow his constituents to actually be represented. Instead he's stated he'll stand down at the next election, and is more than happy to continue collecting his £80k p/a salary (plus expenses) until then for sitting on his arris because he's been signed off.

To be honest, part of me wonders whether the whole thing was a well-planned set-up/stunt, or perhaps I'm just getting cynical in my old age.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 12:27 - Jul 26 with 757 viewsEireannach_gorm

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 12:09 - Jul 26 by uefacup81

Hmm... a brief mention of the issues at hand, followed by blaming anyone and everyone else for the situation.

The fact of the matter is that if he has been assessed by his own GP as unfit to carry out his duties, he should stand down and allow his constituents to actually be represented. Instead he's stated he'll stand down at the next election, and is more than happy to continue collecting his £80k p/a salary (plus expenses) until then for sitting on his arris because he's been signed off.

To be honest, part of me wonders whether the whole thing was a well-planned set-up/stunt, or perhaps I'm just getting cynical in my old age.

Does your assessment apply to any other job? Are you saying that you should resign from your job if you have mental health problems?
Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 13:57 - Jul 26 with 685 viewsuefacup81

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 12:27 - Jul 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Does your assessment apply to any other job? Are you saying that you should resign from your job if you have mental health problems?

The job of an MP isn't quite like any other job.

If someone working in a 'normal' job has to be signed off, there's not a great wider impact. O'Mara's unfitness to carry out his role means that none of his constituents are being represented.

I would imagine that in the real world, someone in O'Mara's situation would be subject to a capability assessment. Why should O'Mara get special treatment so that he can keep claiming his £80k p/a for doing f*ck all?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 14:03 - Jul 26 with 665 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jared O'Mara's PA's brutal twitter resignation on 12:27 - Jul 26 by Eireannach_gorm

If the job is contributing to poor mental health or if your mental health is preventing you doing your job, you need to take a break from it. Every employer should support an individual in doing that. If our political process does not allow for that currently, it is something that needs to change.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024