Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 20:36 - Jun 26 with 3963 viewsJ2BLUE

We need to give him a chance. There seems to be too many criticising him and saying he's crap etc. It was a massive step up from league two the the Championship but we are no longer a Championship club. League one might be a lot more suited to his current level and I really don't see why so many seem to be writing him off.

If nothing else, Peterborough wanted him and they have a good eye for a striker. Lets give him a chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jackson on 20:40 - Jun 26 with 2682 viewsSpruceMoose

Having seen the recent documentary I'm fairly sure he's guilty at this point.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jackson on 20:46 - Jun 26 with 2662 viewssparks

He showed very little and his record is deeply mediocre. This is not a young player developing. We overpaid, badly.

If he is still in the squad he will get his chance but the assessments made to date by fans really are not unreasonable.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jackson on 20:47 - Jun 26 with 2651 viewsSpruceMoose

Jackson on 20:46 - Jun 26 by sparks

He showed very little and his record is deeply mediocre. This is not a young player developing. We overpaid, badly.

If he is still in the squad he will get his chance but the assessments made to date by fans really are not unreasonable.

It's certainly a do or die season for him. It's not fair on him that we overpaid so much for him, but he needs to step up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Jackson on 20:49 - Jun 26 with 2646 viewsDarth_Koont

He was a good League Two player parachuted into Hurst's chaotic mess in the Championship.So wasn't surprising he looked lacking in confidence making the step up in a team that was already on the defensive.

He'll have to do more next season but it was obvious that his general play started to get better under Lambert. Against worse opposition and in a team that should win more than it loses I think he'll be a different player.

Especially if Norwood can play the annoying number 9 role and get in the CBs' faces. Jackson could have a field day if someone else is up there creating space.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jackson on 20:50 - Jun 26 with 2637 viewsclive_baker

I would think people are forming their opinions on what we saw of him last season, where he looked every bit the guy that 5 years ago was entering a Samsung competition to be a footballer, and subsequently released by Swindon. Hurst clearly took to him at Grimsby, but 1 in 20 is far from a mouthwatering return. Accrington proved more fruitful but I’ve got to be honest, he looks woefully short of being of a standard where he can contribute. I can’t get over how bad his touch is, and how terrible he is with his back to goal. I hope I’m proved wrong but I really, really can’t see it. He’s certainly the worst of Hursts transfer dealings for me and smacks of pure desperation once Waghorn had left.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson on 20:50 - Jun 26 with 2638 viewsJ2BLUE

I said we should give him a chance not start crowdfunding his statue. Saying he's been poor isn't an issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jackson on 20:52 - Jun 26 with 2608 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson on 20:50 - Jun 26 by clive_baker

I would think people are forming their opinions on what we saw of him last season, where he looked every bit the guy that 5 years ago was entering a Samsung competition to be a footballer, and subsequently released by Swindon. Hurst clearly took to him at Grimsby, but 1 in 20 is far from a mouthwatering return. Accrington proved more fruitful but I’ve got to be honest, he looks woefully short of being of a standard where he can contribute. I can’t get over how bad his touch is, and how terrible he is with his back to goal. I hope I’m proved wrong but I really, really can’t see it. He’s certainly the worst of Hursts transfer dealings for me and smacks of pure desperation once Waghorn had left.

I keep saying it, £1.6m, let that sink in.

Brentford spent £1.6m on Ollie Watkins and he was being linked with £15m+ moves to the Prem in January.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson on 20:53 - Jun 26 with 2600 viewsSpruceMoose

Jackson on 20:50 - Jun 26 by J2BLUE

I said we should give him a chance not start crowdfunding his statue. Saying he's been poor isn't an issue.

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 20:57 - Jun 26 with 2586 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson on 20:52 - Jun 26 by Kieran_Knows

I keep saying it, £1.6m, let that sink in.

Brentford spent £1.6m on Ollie Watkins and he was being linked with £15m+ moves to the Prem in January.

He wasn't worth 1.6 million based on last season. That was huge for us and it just didn't work.

He may never be worth 1.6 million again either. But I think J2 is putting that behind us and just trying to see his value to us next season.

On that score, I think he could be pretty useful. And if he rebuilds his value then great.

Jackson on 21:01 - Jun 26 with 2565 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson on 20:53 - Jun 26 by SpruceMoose

Scoring the winner at Young Boys Bern.

Jackson on 21:04 - Jun 26 with 2549 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think he's got a part to play, his pace could be very important.

He wasn't good enough for the Champ, but might be good enough for L1.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson on 21:13 - Jun 26 with 2500 viewsPilgrimblue

He probably will be ok at L1 as his lack of skill may not show up. I thought he did ok in final games and can cause a lot of problems for defences with his pace. He scored two very good goals but for me he needs to work on control as he loses possession too easily and misses easy opportunities.
Jackson on 21:17 - Jun 26 with 2483 viewsolimar

I dont know why anyone is basing opinions on any of the players based on last season. Most players struggle to perform if dropped into a struggling side.
Its quite plausible we struggled because they were all rubbish, but more likely that they got worse because the team wasnt performing collectively.
Bart is a perfect example- we know hes far better than he looked last year. Think Chambers and Skuse fall into that bracket too.
Given that Peterborough also had a similar fee for him... on 21:19 - Jun 26 with 2461 viewsolimar

Jackson on 20:47 - Jun 26 by SpruceMoose

It's certainly a do or die season for him. It's not fair on him that we overpaid so much for him, but he needs to step up.

then its not just us who judged him to be worth that much.
Jackson on 21:19 - Jun 26 with 2461 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends what you want from him. If you want someone to run their socks off, pull the opposition out of position and basically be a pest for their defence, he's the best we had last year at that based on what I saw.

To complement Norwood, he could well have a decent season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jackson on 21:20 - Jun 26 with 2457 viewsGirthyguy

they all deserve a chance to prove themselves again. Clean slate. Nobody covered themselves in glory last season. Hopefully the lad can get a goal or 2 early doors to boost his confidence. Something most players lacked all last season.
Jackson on 21:20 - Jun 26 with 2457 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson on 21:13 - Jun 26 by Pilgrimblue

He probably will be ok at L1 as his lack of skill may not show up. I thought he did ok in final games and can cause a lot of problems for defences with his pace. He scored two very good goals but for me he needs to work on control as he loses possession too easily and misses easy opportunities.

Agree there. Jackson was poor ... it was bouncing off him when we needed a McGoldrick who could collect the ball and use it.

But I think that was a lot to do with how badly we played and how we were dominated last season. Get Jackson on the front foot (and a player like Norwood creating space) and I don't think his technical shortcomings or lack of confidence are such an issue.

We might see a bit more of his pace and having a go, which were pretty decent on the rare occasion he could use them last year.

Jackson on 21:24 - Jun 26 with 2432 viewsKeaneish

I can't remember too many games if any where he played up front in a two. He's clearly not suited to playing one up top and needs to play on the shoulder of a defender. With only 3 strikers though it says to me we're gearing to play one up top which will again hamper him and lead to fans criticism.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Jackson on 21:25 - Jun 26 with 2420 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

We can't afford to carry players who simply aren't good enough. Hoping that he might be good enough isn't sufficient, if we are serious about promotion, we need to be a team that is good enough for Championship football from the off. Jackson has pace, but a woeful 1st touch, in L2 maybe you can get away with a lack of touch if you get the space to have 2 or more touches, but as other posters have said, he was the worst value by far of Hurst's acquisitions, and we need to replace him with someone who can help produce knock downs and 1-2s with Norwood.

Poll: would you rather

Jackson on 21:29 - Jun 26 with 2397 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson on 21:24 - Jun 26 by Keaneish

I can't remember too many games if any where he played up front in a two. He's clearly not suited to playing one up top and needs to play on the shoulder of a defender. With only 3 strikers though it says to me we're gearing to play one up top which will again hamper him and lead to fans criticism.

I think he'll play left of a three next season with Norwood in the middle and Edwards/Lankester on the right.

But agree he had little to no support for much of last season and was playing a game that was totally out of his comfort zone and even skill set.

Jackson on 21:42 - Jun 26 with 2325 viewsBLUEBEAT

I wish his squad number was 5.

Poll: W or W

Jackson on 22:11 - Jun 26 with 2214 viewsBlueBadger

Fun fact: he's scored more Championship goals than he has League One.

If we apply Rhodes' Law this means that he should score 57 goals this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jackson on 22:26 - Jun 26 with 2147 viewsGarv

Jackson on 20:57 - Jun 26 by Darth_Koont

He wasn't worth 1.6 million based on last season. That was huge for us and it just didn't work.

He may never be worth 1.6 million again either. But I think J2 is putting that behind us and just trying to see his value to us next season.

On that score, I think he could be pretty useful. And if he rebuilds his value then great.

He could easily be worth that again. He'd only have to have one good season...again.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jackson on 22:27 - Jun 26 with 2146 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson on 21:17 - Jun 26 by olimar

I dont know why anyone is basing opinions on any of the players based on last season. Most players struggle to perform if dropped into a struggling side.
Its quite plausible we struggled because they were all rubbish, but more likely that they got worse because the team wasnt performing collectively.
Bart is a perfect example- we know hes far better than he looked last year. Think Chambers and Skuse fall into that bracket too.

We were a struggling side because a lot of the players are crap though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jackson on 22:29 - Jun 26 with 2127 viewschristiand

Jackson on 20:50 - Jun 26 by J2BLUE

Asking a lot for a former League Two player to step up instantly to the Championship, especially in a poor side, lacking in confidence. He showed glimpses of his potential last season, let’s see how he does this year think that’ll be a fairer indicator of Jackson’s capability.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024