Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? 13:00 - May 16 with 1620 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has there ever been a player in a lower league that has been deemed the best player at that level but has then been anything above very good at the level above?

The only one I could think of was Vydra who I think won it with Watford.

As far as I can recall all of the ones in League One and Two, players like Marriott for example have then gone up and looked the part.

32 goals in League Two is extremely exciting for our hopes of bouncing straight back because with the likes of Nolan, Bishop, Dozzell, Judge and Huws potentially supplying him, he could easily become a Town hero.

Thought the same of Sam Parkin, so it's not guaranteed but I'm pleased nonetheless.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 13:01]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:02 - May 16 with 1596 viewsitfcjoe

Patrick Bamford

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:03 - May 16 with 1581 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:02 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Patrick Bamford

No need to swear Joe!

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:07 - May 16 with 1545 viewsTractorCam

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:02 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Patrick Bamford

He should have been 3rd behind Murphy, obviously wouldn't have been anything special in the prem, and Deeney, who has made it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:26 - May 16 with 1473 viewsbontcho

I think you're broadly right for L1 and L2 - Championship less so. Has Joe Garner been a success in the Championship?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Awards

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:40 - May 16 with 1426 viewsVaughan8

The answer is we don't know how good he will be. Can certainly find the net albeit at a "lower" level.

He misses a lot of chances but also gets some great goals. This season has been a great season for him! One trait he has though is even when he's not playing well, he will work hard for the team.

He's 28 so should be in his "prime" now, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say he won't get 30+ league goals in a season at National league or higher level.

However, having said that, I don't think there is too much difference between League 1 and 2 so hopefully can be a decent acquisition in League 1. Definitely worth the risk on a free.

I hope we aren't pinning our hopes on Jackson, Harrison and Norwood though. Surely one or both of the other 2 are going to go?
Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:05 - May 16 with 1333 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 13:40 - May 16 by Vaughan8

The answer is we don't know how good he will be. Can certainly find the net albeit at a "lower" level.

He misses a lot of chances but also gets some great goals. This season has been a great season for him! One trait he has though is even when he's not playing well, he will work hard for the team.

He's 28 so should be in his "prime" now, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say he won't get 30+ league goals in a season at National league or higher level.

However, having said that, I don't think there is too much difference between League 1 and 2 so hopefully can be a decent acquisition in League 1. Definitely worth the risk on a free.

I hope we aren't pinning our hopes on Jackson, Harrison and Norwood though. Surely one or both of the other 2 are going to go?

Jackson got 16 goals in League Two, Harrison 14 in League One and Norwood has 32 in League Two.

Between the three of them we have a bit of everything for League One. The industry and movement of Norwood, the hold up place and aerial threat of Harrison and the pace of Jackson. Then Sears will come back into the fold and is a proven scorer at League One and Championship level.

To compliment them I'd say we need a Daryl Murphy type, someone like Eaves, Marquis or Wyke. Someone of that ilk.

Then leave the 4/5 of them to battle it out next season.

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:07 - May 16 with 1323 viewschicoazul

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:05 - May 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Jackson got 16 goals in League Two, Harrison 14 in League One and Norwood has 32 in League Two.

Between the three of them we have a bit of everything for League One. The industry and movement of Norwood, the hold up place and aerial threat of Harrison and the pace of Jackson. Then Sears will come back into the fold and is a proven scorer at League One and Championship level.

To compliment them I'd say we need a Daryl Murphy type, someone like Eaves, Marquis or Wyke. Someone of that ilk.

Then leave the 4/5 of them to battle it out next season.

I am afraid I have detected a flaw in this plan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:28 - May 16 with 1239 viewsSpruceMoose

Jamie Vardy has done alright.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:41 - May 16 with 1209 viewsbadadski

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:28 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

Jamie Vardy has done alright.

David Johnson before moving too use from Bury had smashed in shed loads of goals from memory, 30 plus, so he might of?
Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:43 - May 16 with 1199 viewsbadadski

Am I right in saying Norwood was League Two player of the year? on 14:41 - May 16 by badadski

David Johnson before moving too use from Bury had smashed in shed loads of goals from memory, 30 plus, so he might of?

Actually thinking about it, when SOTON AND Norwich got relegated, some of their players must have been pretty close to being voted player of season and performing in upper echelons. Ricky Lambert, Adam Lalana etc?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024