Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drug buyers, you must be very proud 14:26 - Jan 9 with 19474 viewschicoazul

It looks like you may have another young man's life on your hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/09/murder-leyton-east-london-boy-14

"In Waltham Forest a council-commissioned report, in June, which looked at youth violence and gangs,found poverty and the drugs trade were key factors. It found that younger children were being recruited as drug runners, and some aged 12-17 were said to be increasingly involved in serious violence, both as victims and perpetrators.

The gangs are driven increasingly by profits from the illegal drugs market, rather than post code rivalries and protecting territory, the study by academics at London South Bank University found."

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 5824 viewsJ2BLUE

As long as they aren't having a £1 accumulator bet each week there's no problem here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 14:50 - Jan 9 with 5749 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 14:28 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

As long as they aren't having a £1 accumulator bet each week there's no problem here.

I was genuinely shocked upon joining her at the blasé and almost boasting nature of some drug users who seem to think it's clever and impressive to break the law and use illegal recreational drugs, oblivious to their contribution in not only an illegal activity but part of a really sad wider problem.

Still as long as these people have a good time then screw everyone else, including the law hey!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 5692 viewsDeano69

That's a really disturbing read. :(

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:10 - Jan 9 with 5657 viewsCoastalblue

It is very sad though I think there are wider issues to be addressed than people buying a bit of weed. Yes that may add to the problem but maybe we should be looking at why kids need to be doing this in the first place.

My partner works with children who are involved like this and some of the stories are very tough.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:11 - Jan 9 with 5646 viewsgiant_stow

round the corner from my Son's school. Seems to happen a lot in my area - loads of them young too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:13 - Jan 9 with 5626 viewsHerbivore

Why aren't you also calling out capitalists?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:14 - Jan 9 with 5627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Did gangs exist before drugs? Yes.

Would eradicating drugs also eradicate gangs? No.

Why? Gangs exist to make money illegally from whatever source possible. If the drugs market disappears they will remain and fight over the next profitable enterprise.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 15:16]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:14 - Jan 9 with 5621 viewsjjblue84

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:13 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

Why aren't you also calling out capitalists?

Because they’re the good guys, remember??
Login to get fewer ads

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 5612 viewsSpruceMoose

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:14 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why? Gangs exist to make money illegally from whatever source possible. If the drugs market disappears they will remain and fight over the next profitable enterprise.

Pokemon Cards

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:36 - Jan 9 with 5522 viewsgiant_stow

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:16 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

Pokemon Cards

Match Attax actually - aka kiddy crack - get with the programme.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 5439 viewsRadlett_blue

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:14 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Such as dodgy tobacco & booze.
But the growth in drug culture & the associated profits has surely promoted the increase in gang culture as it offers a way for a poor kid from a bad area to make a fast buck.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:07 - Jan 9 with 5418 viewsnoggin

People the world over have always, and always will, use mind altering substances. Blaming users for the violence and suffering is far too simplistic.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:08 - Jan 9 with 5396 viewsDarth_Koont

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 15:10 - Jan 9 by Coastalblue

It is very sad though I think there are wider issues to be addressed than people buying a bit of weed. Yes that may add to the problem but maybe we should be looking at why kids need to be doing this in the first place.

My partner works with children who are involved like this and some of the stories are very tough.

Indeed. It's sidestepping a whole host of social and economic issues (and our wider responsibilities as a society) to reduce this to a question of supply and demand in a market.

Pronouns: He/Him

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:10 - Jan 9 with 5374 viewsHerbivore

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:01 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

But the growth in drug culture & the associated profits has surely promoted the increase in gang culture as it offers a way for a poor kid from a bad area to make a fast buck.

Drug use in the UK has been in decline over the past 20 years.

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:12 - Jan 9 with 5370 viewsgiant_stow

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:08 - Jan 9 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. It's sidestepping a whole host of social and economic issues (and our wider responsibilities as a society) to reduce this to a question of supply and demand in a market.

i think loads of cheekychico, but its just not worth debating with him on this. pointless.

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:13 - Jan 9 with 5356 viewsHerbivore

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:08 - Jan 9 by Darth_Koont

He's completely ignored that poverty is listed first as a cause of knife crime. Poverty is easily eradicated in a wealthy country like the UK if the political will exists.

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:15 - Jan 9 with 5342 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So would the next best enterprise.

Poor kids have always been drawn to gangs, and always will be.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:17 - Jan 9 with 5352 viewsTNBlue

One less hoodrat to worry about. Why was a 14 year old running around on a moped? Illegal in itself. I have absolutely no doubt he was involved in a gang - quite possibly a drug courier yes. Most certainly targetted by another gang. I really don't mind them wiping each other out - it's when innocent bystanders get caught up in it, then it's regrettable.

But of course, it's not their fault is it? You sound like one of these lefty apologists.
Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:20 - Jan 9 with 5332 viewsCoastalblue

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:17 - Jan 9 by TNBlue

One less hoodrat to worry about. Why was a 14 year old running around on a moped? Illegal in itself. I have absolutely no doubt he was involved in a gang - quite possibly a drug courier yes. Most certainly targetted by another gang. I really don't mind them wiping each other out - it's when innocent bystanders get caught up in it, then it's regrettable.

But of course, it's not their fault is it? You sound like one of these lefty apologists.

You think it's a good thing a 14 year old boy is stabbed to death in the street?

I cannot believe you seriously think that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:20 - Jan 9 with 5318 viewsDarth_Koont

"offers a way for a poor kid from a bad area" is the key in that. It's not an issue for kids with a better base and more opportunities even when the potential money dwarfs all other job choices for 15-25 year olds.

What are we doing about poor kids and bad areas as a society? Gang culture is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the effects of ignoring or at best under-investing in these environments.

Pronouns: He/Him

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:23 - Jan 9 with 5311 viewsgiant_stow

what bollox - you have no idea what this lad was or wasn't involved in. Mistaken identity happens all the time in these things. And try remembering you're talking about a child ffs.

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:25 - Jan 9 with 5305 viewsBlueBadger

You stay classy there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:46 - Jan 9 with 5246 viewsstickymockwell

Well seeing as you have already judged this character I predict you are:

A UKIPer
Brexiteer
50 to 60 years old
A bit over weight
Live in a Cul-de-sac
Divorced
Toupee wearer

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 16:48 - Jan 9 with 5231 viewsHerbivore

And you sound like a bellend.

Drug buyers, you must be very proud on 17:12 - Jan 9 with 5196 viewschicoazul

My friend, you are very confused. You will find if you speak to the people who always debate me on this topic & hate my views on it, some of whom I see have contributed already to this thread, that I am anything but a "lefty apologist".

You however sound like a grade A copper-plate rsehole, celebrating the stabbing to death in the street of a terrified child.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 17:15]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024