Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? 11:43 - Jan 7 with 1269 viewsGlasgowBlue

Had a bit of pain yesterday like a kick in the nurts.

Still jiggling this morning but the pain is from my left hip to my left nut and I have a lump above my grouin like a piece of liver.

Was told to get to A & E because of the pain so waiting to be seen.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:48 - Jan 7 with 1251 viewsDubtractor

I had one in my mid 20s, result of overdoing it in the gym.

Mine was ok until I aggravated it, so it would be fine during the week, then I'd play football at weekend and would be in pain for a couple of days.

Best to get it looked at, but unless it is strangulated then won't be seen as a priority to get fixed.

If it is a hernia and you want it fixed quickly you may need to take the private route.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 1247 viewsTractorCam

Probably, what you want to do is lie down and see if the lump goes back in, if so it's definitely an inguinal. I've got one now and had it since about July 2017, no idea how it came on but it only really hurts when i'm standing up for too long.

Mine looks like it's going to be repaired in the next couple of months so that gives you an idea of how long you could possibly be waiting.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 1241 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:48 - Jan 7 by Dubtractor

I had one in my mid 20s, result of overdoing it in the gym.

Mine was ok until I aggravated it, so it would be fine during the week, then I'd play football at weekend and would be in pain for a couple of days.

Best to get it looked at, but unless it is strangulated then won't be seen as a priority to get fixed.

If it is a hernia and you want it fixed quickly you may need to take the private route.

Cheers. Read that as “a result of overdosing in the gym”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:52 - Jan 7 with 1229 viewsKeno

you need to pop out down to A&E asap before it pops out

hope you ok GB

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:54 - Jan 7 with 1220 viewsBenters2

That’s what you get for sweeping Truce and Mach of their feet on Saturday 😘❣️

Seriously though my father in law had his done Friday cost him £3k.

This country 😇🇬🇧
Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:57 - Jan 7 with 1215 viewsGuthrum

I had one on my groin in my late 20s. A soft lump which I could push back in, but would then pop back out again. More discomfort than pain.

The operation was very effective. Quite new back then, they opened me up and put a mesh patch over the hole, rather than the old method of simply sewing it back together. Meant I could be up and walking (to a limited extent) that evening.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 12:01 - Jan 7 with 1202 viewsgordon

Just shove it back in you wimp.
Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 12:02 - Jan 7 with 1195 viewsGuthrum

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:50 - Jan 7 by TractorCam

Probably, what you want to do is lie down and see if the lump goes back in, if so it's definitely an inguinal. I've got one now and had it since about July 2017, no idea how it came on but it only really hurts when i'm standing up for too long.

Mine looks like it's going to be repaired in the next couple of months so that gives you an idea of how long you could possibly be waiting.

I ended up fabricating a home-made truss out of bandage, to keep it in (as far as possible) while waiting for the operation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 12:04 - Jan 7 with 1186 viewsBenters2

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 12:02 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

I ended up fabricating a home-made truss out of bandage, to keep it in (as far as possible) while waiting for the operation.

You really are the Jason Bourne of the board ain’t ya 😛
Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 12:21 - Jan 7 with 1153 viewsgordon

Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 11:57 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

I had one on my groin in my late 20s. A soft lump which I could push back in, but would then pop back out again. More discomfort than pain.

The operation was very effective. Quite new back then, they opened me up and put a mesh patch over the hole, rather than the old method of simply sewing it back together. Meant I could be up and walking (to a limited extent) that evening.

Gets a bit like Whack-a-Mole when you've got a few on the go at once.
Anyone ad an experience with a hernia? on 12:48 - Jan 7 with 1124 viewsfabian_illness

My Dad has one about the size of a large apple.
He’s convinced he’ll get it sorted on the NHS but it’s been around 3 years without resolution.
It causes lots of arguments, I’ve offered to pay for it but he still digs his heals in.
Hope you sort it out GB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024