Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc 16:50 - Jan 5 with 1270 viewsDubtractor

But against Millwall, and again today, Sears has missed a number of decent chances to win us the game.

He had a great little run when Lambert joined, but we're not in a position to miss the few chances we get.

This season really can't end soon enough!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:55 - Jan 5 with 1218 viewsgordon

One of those chances he made himself, picking it up from halfway, to be fair to him. The other was awful. Great ball from Bishop though.
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:57 - Jan 5 with 1184 viewsWD19

Sears is not good enough to start in a Championship side.

.....but he is just about our best player.
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:57 - Jan 5 with 1163 viewsOldsmoker

If we go down then Accrington maybe one of our games.
I don't see us coming straight back up on this showing.
We didn't get a shot on goal in the first 30 mins in this game.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:58 - Jan 5 with 1131 viewsBackToRussia

He had a good game all round, ran with it well, but what does that all mean within the context of the game? Our season? Fook all, I'd suggest, and that one at the end in particular felt hard to come back from.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:59 - Jan 5 with 1105 viewsnshearman1

To be fair, we shouldn't pick out any one player from one game. PL has had something like 11 games in charge now and collectively they are all awful. He had a chance to change things today in a game he wanted to win, but he stuck by Spence and Pennington, played just one up front for most of the game, didn't try Donacien when the rest of the defence has spectacularly failed, didn't start Bishop who is one of our brighter lights (the sub on 47 minutes was a tacit admission he got it wrong) and has failed to get any more out of these players then Worst did. Am genuinely losing faith in PL in a relegation battle now.
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 1092 viewsHarry_Palmer

He is a very unreliable finisher, always has been.

The little hot spell he enjoyed recently should fool nobody.
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:01 - Jan 5 with 1074 viewsdavblue

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:57 - Jan 5 by WD19

Sears is not good enough to start in a Championship side.

.....but he is just about our best player.

He’s not fit to lace Bishop boots talent wise.

He probably has been one of our better performers but his game is so limited, he can only beat a man with pace, not skill, misses chances and really this sums it all up for me.

He was our 4th choice striker last year...
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:01 - Jan 5 with 1061 viewsTractorWood

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:00 - Jan 5 by Harry_Palmer

He is a very unreliable finisher, always has been.

The little hot spell he enjoyed recently should fool nobody.

Yet he looks our biggest threat going forwards. Sums up the state we are in.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:03 - Jan 5 with 1026 viewsBackToRussia

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 16:59 - Jan 5 by nshearman1

To be fair, we shouldn't pick out any one player from one game. PL has had something like 11 games in charge now and collectively they are all awful. He had a chance to change things today in a game he wanted to win, but he stuck by Spence and Pennington, played just one up front for most of the game, didn't try Donacien when the rest of the defence has spectacularly failed, didn't start Bishop who is one of our brighter lights (the sub on 47 minutes was a tacit admission he got it wrong) and has failed to get any more out of these players then Worst did. Am genuinely losing faith in PL in a relegation battle now.

Good post. It's just a huge collective failing. It's got the "miracle worker" level already. TBF I doubt you could find anyone to do a better job than Lambert even for more money. It was just already too late.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 1010 viewsVaughan8

Against Millwall had those 2 great chances first half. He takes them we almost certainly win that game.

He certainly should be taking some.of he blame but is it just because he's the.only.one getting and chances he escapes any blame
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:06 - Jan 5 with 986 viewsnshearman1

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:03 - Jan 5 by BackToRussia

Good post. It's just a huge collective failing. It's got the "miracle worker" level already. TBF I doubt you could find anyone to do a better job than Lambert even for more money. It was just already too late.

Possibly, but I think these players can play better and increasingly I'm looking at Lambert and wondering what he's doing that's so great on the field? Love what he's doing behind the scenes, love what he says, but I see nothing positive on the pitch. But of course the key culprit is Evans.
Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:14 - Jan 5 with 924 viewsBackToRussia

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:06 - Jan 5 by nshearman1

Possibly, but I think these players can play better and increasingly I'm looking at Lambert and wondering what he's doing that's so great on the field? Love what he's doing behind the scenes, love what he says, but I see nothing positive on the pitch. But of course the key culprit is Evans.

I worry that too but then think, what more could he have done, really. He worked on an attacking shape, was positive about the players, tried to instil some confidence. It's what he should have done, it's just failed miserably every time he's tried to get us going. More and more I'm starting to feel he inherited something too broken to fix. We were so unbalanced in the make up of the squad and it feels there was such a lack of vision about how we were playing or what we were aiming for, that it probably was always going to be a losing battle. Maybe right man, wrong time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:19 - Jan 5 with 891 viewsnshearman1

Lots of stick towards Spence,Knudsen, Chambers etc on 17:14 - Jan 5 by BackToRussia

I worry that too but then think, what more could he have done, really. He worked on an attacking shape, was positive about the players, tried to instil some confidence. It's what he should have done, it's just failed miserably every time he's tried to get us going. More and more I'm starting to feel he inherited something too broken to fix. We were so unbalanced in the make up of the squad and it feels there was such a lack of vision about how we were playing or what we were aiming for, that it probably was always going to be a losing battle. Maybe right man, wrong time.

Possibly, but as I've said elsewhere, it was PL who has failed to try 3-5-2 (and rarely 4-4-2) over some 11 games, has persisted with one up front, has repeatedly picked Spence and Pennington when the back line patently isn't working, not looked at Donacien in a game, failed to start Bishop today which was clearly an error, and sticks by Nolan. If these players are persistently failing under him, either he needs to try new things, new formations - and this game was a chance to do that - or his man-management isn't good enough. I truly believe a significant number of these players can play better than they are doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024