Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knuden's positioning 17:45 - Dec 3 with 7847 viewsKeaneish

When is he going to learn...?
Another game goes by and his positioning and shape is atrocious...
Why is he in this position for Forest's second?

[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 17:48]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Knuden's positioning on 17:48 - Dec 3 with 6276 viewsBiGDonnie

Because he's not very good.

Herb, where you at...........

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Knuden's positioning on 17:51 - Dec 3 with 6262 viewsSpruceMoose

What am I looking at here?! I know...

[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 17:51]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Knuden's positioning on 17:52 - Dec 3 with 6256 viewsKeaneish

Knuden's positioning on 17:48 - Dec 3 by BiGDonnie

Because he's not very good.

Herb, where you at...........

He gets sucked out by Lolley which is amateur hour. Even at a very junior level you learn to keep your shape and pass your men on especially when we're conceding at will...

I like him as a footballer but he's making the same mistakes week-in-week-out at the moment.

Knuden's positioning on 18:06 - Dec 3 with 6216 viewsEireannach_gorm

Knuden's positioning on 17:51 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

What am I looking at here?! I know...

[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 17:51]

Knuden's positioning on 18:07 - Dec 3 with 6207 viewsSpruceMoose

Knuden's positioning on 18:06 - Dec 3 by Eireannach_gorm

Zoom in by a factor of fifty, slow down by a factor of two.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Knuden's positioning on 18:15 - Dec 3 with 6196 viewsMullet

Something perhaps we don't want to dwell on too much was Lankester losing his man and sense of position for the first to allow Darikwa a free run to the ball.

Sears did the same and completely missed his overlap for the second. As a team we allowed him far too much run and influence over the game. Not many seemed to pick that up after the game or during, but it was really obvious from behind the goal.

Lambert had clearly assigned them men to mark and Forest used that disrupt us all game.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Knuden's positioning on 18:18 - Dec 3 with 6178 viewsSpruceMoose

Knuden's positioning on 18:15 - Dec 3 by Mullet

Something perhaps we don't want to dwell on too much was Lankester losing his man and sense of position for the first to allow Darikwa a free run to the ball.

Sears did the same and completely missed his overlap for the second. As a team we allowed him far too much run and influence over the game. Not many seemed to pick that up after the game or during, but it was really obvious from behind the goal.

Lambert had clearly assigned them men to mark and Forest used that disrupt us all game.

Yes, but how can people throw Knudsen under the bus when you're coming out with stuff like that?

Knuden's positioning on 18:21 - Dec 3 with 6173 viewsEireannach_gorm

Knuden's positioning on 18:07 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

Login to get fewer ads

Knuden's positioning on 18:37 - Dec 3 with 6139 viewstextbackup

Knuden's positioning on 18:18 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

Yes, but how can people throw Knudsen under the bus when you're coming out with stuff like that?

Oh man don’t ruin this thread, there’s some actual football/tactic talk, a rare thing on here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Knuden's positioning on 18:39 - Dec 3 with 6135 viewsSpruceMoose

Knuden's positioning on 18:37 - Dec 3 by textbackup

Oh man don’t ruin this thread, there’s some actual football/tactic talk, a rare thing on here.

I'm not preventing anyone from addressing Mullet's point!
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 18:39]

Knuden's positioning on 18:40 - Dec 3 with 6128 viewsDubtractor

Knuden's positioning on 18:07 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Knuden's positioning on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 6066 viewscbower

Poor defending as a team, your'e right. However, the effectiveness of Forest's full backs going forward only serves to highlight our own lack of quality from both Knudsen and Spence when they get into offensive positions. Jonas really does like to get forward but his delivery is poor when he does (that's inspite of the assists he got last year) whilst Spence is just not a good full back at this level both defensively and offensively. His distribution first half was dross. He was rivalled if not surpassed in this aspect, however, by that man we bought to pass the ball - Jon Nolan. Christ, his pass completion must have been 20% or so. It's not looking good at all is it Mullet. Even found myself looking at the L1 table on Sunday with a view to northernish fixtures next season. Had to chastise myself for defeatism with a Churchillian never, never give up internal rallying call but it is very telling of how I really feel. Evan's carries long term responsibility I know, but Hurst has done untold damage to this club in just 149 days and it's very, very hard to take.

bluescouser

Knuden's positioning on 19:09 - Dec 3 with 6050 viewsKeaneish

Knuden's positioning on 18:18 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

Knudsen would even be out of position for that.

Knuden's positioning on 19:31 - Dec 3 with 6013 viewsMullet

Knuden's positioning on 19:03 - Dec 3 by cbower

Poor defending as a team, your'e right. However, the effectiveness of Forest's full backs going forward only serves to highlight our own lack of quality from both Knudsen and Spence when they get into offensive positions. Jonas really does like to get forward but his delivery is poor when he does (that's inspite of the assists he got last year) whilst Spence is just not a good full back at this level both defensively and offensively. His distribution first half was dross. He was rivalled if not surpassed in this aspect, however, by that man we bought to pass the ball - Jon Nolan. Christ, his pass completion must have been 20% or so. It's not looking good at all is it Mullet. Even found myself looking at the L1 table on Sunday with a view to northernish fixtures next season. Had to chastise myself for defeatism with a Churchillian never, never give up internal rallying call but it is very telling of how I really feel. Evan's carries long term responsibility I know, but Hurst has done untold damage to this club in just 149 days and it's very, very hard to take.

Yet both full backs were better on and off the ball compared to Wednesday and in the case of Spence in recent weeks with his numerous goal giving.

People keep fixating on "de-Micking" but we no longer defend from the front like we used to. Edwards gave Spence fcuk all cover Wednesday all night and often doesn;t, put Ward in there and the leaks pop up on the other side. (That's not any way meant to dig out Sears and Lankester either)

Lambert had to change his team, and in doing so it highlighted how bereft of confidence we are and how unfamiliar with second balls or not looking to the man next to you as a first instinct.

Change will come, but will it be enough? Spence has never impressed me for a variety of reasons, but likewise we no longer have strikers showing for the ball or enough partnerships up and down or across the lines.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Knuden's positioning on 19:41 - Dec 3 with 5994 viewsBloomBlue

Well MM always wanted wingers who could defend rather than attack, it's a balacing act I guess
Knuden's positioning on 19:44 - Dec 3 with 5989 viewscbower

Knuden's positioning on 19:31 - Dec 3 by Mullet

Yet both full backs were better on and off the ball compared to Wednesday and in the case of Spence in recent weeks with his numerous goal giving.

People keep fixating on "de-Micking" but we no longer defend from the front like we used to. Edwards gave Spence fcuk all cover Wednesday all night and often doesn;t, put Ward in there and the leaks pop up on the other side. (That's not any way meant to dig out Sears and Lankester either)

Lambert had to change his team, and in doing so it highlighted how bereft of confidence we are and how unfamiliar with second balls or not looking to the man next to you as a first instinct.

Change will come, but will it be enough? Spence has never impressed me for a variety of reasons, but likewise we no longer have strikers showing for the ball or enough partnerships up and down or across the lines.

Yep, working as a team seems to have been the prime victim since Mick has gone. It is clear Lambert wants to play out from the back more but I would not want to be one of our defenders in possession at the moment. Nobody is genuinely showing for the ball consistently. Skuse will come short and Bishop will do this more if he plays. However, in general our players run away from our defenders, don't give them a proper outlet and make good angles and our forwards don't show either and cannot hold and recycle the ball when they get it. So, when the defenders pass it along g the back line, they see nothing and eventually hoof it anyway. I am depressed to say the least. Will be at Stoke with the boy though. Feel sorry for him!

bluescouser

Knuden's positioning on 19:49 - Dec 3 with 5978 viewsDubtractor

Knuden's positioning on 19:03 - Dec 3 by cbower

I've only seen Nolan in the flesh once (Bolton) and was astounded at how poor he was.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Knuden's positioning on 20:13 - Dec 3 with 5940 viewsbadadski

Knuden's positioning on 19:49 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

I've only seen Nolan in the flesh once (Bolton) and was astounded at how poor he was.

umm in all defence to him , i would give credit to the weighted pass beyond him. No positional sense in the world can make up for a delightful ball beyond the player and that was one of those moments. I think we just have to give credit to Forest who looked superb especially with some of their midfield play and agree with what some posters have said that maybe Lambert was a bit tactically naive in our formation considering their strength but am happy that if we go down it will be to go down swinging with an attacking team.
Knuden's positioning on 20:23 - Dec 3 with 5924 viewsKeaneish

Knuden's positioning on 20:13 - Dec 3 by badadski

umm in all defence to him , i would give credit to the weighted pass beyond him. No positional sense in the world can make up for a delightful ball beyond the player and that was one of those moments. I think we just have to give credit to Forest who looked superb especially with some of their midfield play and agree with what some posters have said that maybe Lambert was a bit tactically naive in our formation considering their strength but am happy that if we go down it will be to go down swinging with an attacking team.

Knudsen should be plugging that space. If he's back in line with Pennington he's in a much better position to defend any balls through.

Knuden's positioning on 23:45 - Dec 3 with 5813 viewsArnieM

I’ve said for ages he’s utter dross but got shot down in flames , especially by Mr Herbivore. Only he knows best apparently!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

on 00:22 - Dec 4 with 5784 views_

Knuden's positioning on 23:45 - Dec 3 by ArnieM

I’ve said for ages he’s utter dross but got shot down in flames , especially by Mr Herbivore. Only he knows best apparently!

Knuden's positioning on 01:55 - Dec 4 with 5741 viewsharlingblue

The only way that Knudsen and Spence should be in the same team is in a back three with Chambers. Neither are good enough at either covering or creating as wing-backs, which leaves our wide front players with an impossible task, while also exposing the lack of pace of our centre backs and highlighting the poor form shown by Bart in goal.
Knuden's positioning on 07:52 - Dec 4 with 5625 viewsBiGDonnie

on 00:22 - Dec 4 by _

Brilliant.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Knuden's positioning on 08:05 - Dec 4 with 5610 viewsBluebell

If you are going to knock one of our players, it might be a good idea to get his name correct first.
Knuden's positioning on 08:08 - Dec 4 with 5600 viewsHerbivore

Knuden's positioning on 23:45 - Dec 3 by ArnieM

Not just me mate, also Paul Lambert, Mick McCarthy, the Danish national manager, the scouts at Wolves, Stoke, Villa and Boro. I think I'm in better company with those guys than with you and Keanish to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024