Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers 15:48 - Oct 31 with 1403 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46041706

So, the idea of VAR is to reduce the number of poor refereeing decisions....VAR, in this case gives the penalty.

Yet the players, protest for 9 mins....what sort of this message does this convey. I posted yesterday about the fact that 'actions' are way more powerful than words - and this sets the scene for all young footballers that this behaviour is acceptable.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:51 - Oct 31 with 1373 viewsJ2BLUE

Not surprised. I think we'll see far more of this. Probably not in this country but around Europe/South America.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:51 - Oct 31 with 1377 viewsStokieBlue

Send them all off. All of them.

Will soon stop doing it. Would be a nice 3-0 win for River Plate as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:52 - Oct 31 with 1365 viewshomer_123

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:51 - Oct 31 by StokieBlue

SB

Quite SB.

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:53 - Oct 31 with 1357 viewshomer_123

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:51 - Oct 31 by J2BLUE

Not surprised. I think we'll see far more of this. Probably not in this country but around Europe/South America.

Quite possibly J2 - if memory serves, we saw how some teams reacted to VAR decisions/ and or penality decisions.

As SB states - sin-bin them or send them off......job done and sorted very, very quickly.

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 16:18 - Oct 31 with 1287 viewsKieran_Knows

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:51 - Oct 31 by StokieBlue

SB

As Benters would say.

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 16:32 - Oct 31 with 1245 viewsbrazil1982

This happens all the time in S American football. Red card them or abandon the match.
Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 16:35 - Oct 31 with 1238 viewsPJH

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 16:18 - Oct 31 by Kieran_Knows

As Benters would say.

This.

Thought Benters now says

I make you right.
Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 16:58 - Oct 31 with 1180 viewsjjblue84

The authority of the referee has been chipped away for many years by the whiners. Now look what they’ve created. Computers can not replace a mans authority!!
Login to get fewer ads

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 17:00 - Oct 31 with 1168 viewsRadlett_blue

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 15:53 - Oct 31 by homer_123

Quite possibly J2 - if memory serves, we saw how some teams reacted to VAR decisions/ and or penality decisions.

As SB states - sin-bin them or send them off......job done and sorted very, very quickly.

Footballers loved the idea of VAR leading to more correct decisions - as long as the decisions are in their favour!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 17:45 - Oct 31 with 1092 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Correct decision by the VAR.

Both of teams wearing tremendous kits. South American teams know how to chose colours for their teams. Same with the international sides. Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Uruguay all look magnificent.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Why, at times, I really do despair with football and footballers on 17:47 - Oct 31 with 1083 viewschicoazul

Literally no idea why anyone becomes a ref in Argentinian football. Maybe the bribes?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024