Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mills is right 14:47 - Sep 2 with 3432 viewsunstableblue

A midfield of Huws Chalobah and Nolan, with wide players of Edwards and Edun, and Walters up front (replaced by Jackson when tired) cannot fail to succeed.

We’re on our way in the direction... it’s a project, it’s early days.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mick Mills is right on 14:51 - Sep 2 with 3376 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure I would go as far as "cannot fail".

That said, I would like to see that. I suspect Skuse is ahead of Chalobah for the holding role. There is little between Edun, Graham, Ward or even Jackson/Harrison on the wing.
Edwards and whoever is on the other wing need to show more consistency but at least they are showing more desire to take players on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick Mills is right on 14:54 - Sep 2 with 3327 viewsKeaneish

Bishop should be laying a claim for a place in that midfield too but yeah, agree it should work. Disappointed we switched our system to a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 today. Thought if we’d kept 3 in midfield we’d have picked them apart a bit more.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick Mills is right on 14:57 - Sep 2 with 3281 viewsunstableblue

Mick Mills is right on 14:51 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

That said, I would like to see that. I suspect Skuse is ahead of Chalobah for the holding role. There is little between Edun, Graham, Ward or even Jackson/Harrison on the wing.
Edwards and whoever is on the other wing need to show more consistency but at least they are showing more desire to take players on.

I think Mick Mills said that those players should have the technical ability together to succeed

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

on 14:57 - Sep 2 with 3276 views_

Mick Mills is right on 14:59 - Sep 2 with 3249 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Chalobah? The guy who was partyl at fault of their goal? The player who had the ball in twenty yards of space in a good attacking position and punted the ball straight back to Norwich rather than making a simple ten yard pass out wide? Or the player who just lashed at it widely from the penalty spot area when it fell to him from the corner, with no one around him. Ok, then...
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 15:01]
on 15:00 - Sep 2 with 3226 views_

Mick Mills is right on 14:59 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Chalobah? The guy who was partyl at fault of their goal? The player who had the ball in twenty yards of space in a good attacking position and punted the ball straight back to Norwich rather than making a simple ten yard pass out wide? Or the player who just lashed at it widely from the penalty spot area when it fell to him from the corner, with no one around him. Ok, then...

Mick Mills is right on 15:05 - Sep 2 with 3145 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

on 15:00 - Sep 2 by _

Listen he's out there playing professional football, nineteen or not. He had zero composure, zero energy and was doing very basic things wrong. Maybe a few too many training sessions with the elite but he is going to have to put in a shift and show a lot more composure to make any real noise at this level.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 15:10]
Mick Mills is right on 15:07 - Sep 2 with 3111 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick Mills is right on 15:05 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Listen he's out there playing professional football, nineteen or not. He had zero composure, zero energy and was doing very basic things wrong. Maybe a few too many training sessions with the elite but he is going to have to put in a shift and show a lot more composure to make any real noise at this level.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 15:10]

Not doing very basic things wrong?

That sounds rather Trumpesque!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mills is right on 15:07 - Sep 2 with 3107 viewsTIB

on 14:57 - Sep 2 by _

Chalobah does come across as a very casual player with bursts of enthusiasm and then lulls off...technically good but in the role he’s got here, he needs to be getting stuck in like you say.

I wonder if today’s game would have been different with someone else on the left instead of Graham who looked well short of match sharpness.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Mick Mills is right on 15:11 - Sep 2 with 3050 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mick Mills is right on 15:07 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Not doing very basic things wrong?

That sounds rather Trumpesque!

Opps, to be fair my alarm went off at half 6 on a Sunday for this!
Mick Mills is right on 15:11 - Sep 2 with 3039 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick Mills is right on 15:11 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Opps, to be fair my alarm went off at half 6 on a Sunday for this!

I feel your pain mate. Just as well it's a holiday tomorrow.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Mick Mills is right on 15:13 - Sep 2 with 3027 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mick Mills is right on 15:11 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

I feel your pain mate. Just as well it's a holiday tomorrow.

Yep, it's going to be acceptable to start drinking, very shortly.
Mick Mills is right on 15:13 - Sep 2 with 3007 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick Mills is right on 15:13 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yep, it's going to be acceptable to start drinking, very shortly.

Do you mean to say it was unacceptable to start drinking two hours ago?

Mick Mills is right on 15:15 - Sep 2 with 2986 viewsCurrie10

The same Edun who was somehow an unused sub today?
Mick Mills is right on 15:22 - Sep 2 with 2917 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mick Mills is right on 15:13 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Do you mean to say it was unacceptable to start drinking two hours ago?

Not really but I have a lunch date that I need to be in reasonable shape for!
Mick Mills is right on 15:24 - Sep 2 with 2883 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick Mills is right on 15:22 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not really but I have a lunch date that I need to be in reasonable shape for!

A https://www.farmersonly.com date?

Mick Mills is right on 15:25 - Sep 2 with 2869 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mick Mills is right on 15:24 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Nah not even a date, date. Good to know if I ever move to Kansas there are options though. Thanks.
Mick Mills is right on 15:26 - Sep 2 with 2856 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick Mills is right on 15:25 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nah not even a date, date. Good to know if I ever move to Kansas there are options though. Thanks.

If you ever move to Kansas finding a date will be the least of your worries

Mick Mills is right on 15:27 - Sep 2 with 2836 viewsurbanblue

Mick Mills is right on 15:15 - Sep 2 by Currie10

The same Edun who was somehow an unused sub today?

I think if Skuse hadn't got injured we may have seen him.
Mick Mills is right on 15:29 - Sep 2 with 2824 viewsRyorry

Mick Mills is right on 15:24 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Does that have a UK base? Asking for a friend ...

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Mick Mills is right on 15:40 - Sep 2 with 2757 viewsSpruceMoose

Mick Mills is right on 15:29 - Sep 2 by Ryorry

Does that have a UK base? Asking for a friend ...

I'm guessing Farmersonly.co.uk?

Mick Mills is right on 17:37 - Sep 2 with 2517 viewsjudespiveyg

Mick Mills is right on 14:59 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yep, the very same guy who played better than Nolan did and after being subbed on, the team played better.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Mick Mills is right on 18:14 - Sep 2 with 2376 viewshadleighboyblue

Mick Mills is right on 14:51 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

from what we saw of Graham and Ward today , Edun is streets ahead of them !
Mick Mills is right on 19:47 - Sep 2 with 2171 viewsconnorscontract

Mick Mills is right on 17:37 - Sep 2 by judespiveyg

Yep, the very same guy who played better than Nolan did and after being subbed on, the team played better.

I agree with you. Chalobah made such a difference in the second half. In the first half Walters had Tettey and a Central defender competing with him for every header, in the second Tettey had to worry about Chalobah, and that freed Walters up to win pretty much every header, and Chalobah himself won nearly all of his, too.

We also won plenty of second balls in the second half, whereas in the first Norwich had midfield sewn up and seemed first to every second ball.

He made a real difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024