Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... 20:38 - Aug 20 with 3073 viewsSitfcB

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-town-v-norwich-city-road-closures-arou

Good to see St Nicholas Street will be closed. I imagine it gets lively outside Degeros?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:48 - Aug 20 with 2994 viewsITFC_Forever

You sound surprised.

We’ve all endured this fixture enough times over the years to know Suffolk Police (and Norfolk Police up there) go completely over-the-top with the EA derby.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:51 - Aug 20 with 2969 viewsReuser_is_God

It’s ridiculous when the sun is out & people want to drink outside.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:57 - Aug 20 with 2931 viewsEastTownBlue

WTF. Closures until 5pm ? Everyone will be long gone by then. Although that could be their worst case scenario and the roads will be open again long before then.
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:59 - Aug 20 with 2921 viewsSitfcB

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:57 - Aug 20 by EastTownBlue

WTF. Closures until 5pm ? Everyone will be long gone by then. Although that could be their worst case scenario and the roads will be open again long before then.

Long gone?

Hoping there’s 1000’s out on the lash to celebrate stuffing those c|_|nts.

COYB

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 21:08 - Aug 20 with 2878 viewsPinewoodblue

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:59 - Aug 20 by SitfcB

Long gone?

Presumably that is the reason for closing St Nicholas Street, can't think of any other possible reason.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 21:18 - Aug 20 with 2831 viewsSitfcB

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 21:08 - Aug 20 by Pinewoodblue

Presumably that is the reason for closing St Nicholas Street, can't think of any other possible reason.

Degeros gets very busy pre match. Think last time it caused an impromptu road closure.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 21:18]

COYB

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 21:21 - Aug 20 with 2800 viewsJakeITFC

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 21:18 - Aug 20 by SitfcB

Degeros gets very busy pre match. Think last time it caused an impromptu road closure.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 21:18]

Yeah it’s usually more trouble than it’s worth having it open.
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 2801 viewsEastTownBlue

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 20:59 - Aug 20 by SitfcB

Long gone?

St Nicholas street I can understand. Civic Drive to the station until 5 is a bit extreme.
Login to get fewer ads

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 22:05 - Aug 20 with 2669 viewsArnieM

I don’t know why the Two Forces don’t just f lucking cancel the bloody game altogether.
Bunch of controlling f luck wits. They’ve RUINED this once great fixture!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 22:31 - Aug 20 with 2593 viewsMelford

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 22:05 - Aug 20 by ArnieM

I don’t know why the Two Forces don’t just f lucking cancel the bloody game altogether.
Bunch of controlling f luck wits. They’ve RUINED this once great fixture!!

It's pathetic coming out of the station and looking at the amount of horses, dogs, meat wagons and coppers lining the street, it's like an old Soviet military parade.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 00:29 - Aug 21 with 2436 viewsMelford

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 22:31 - Aug 20 by Melford

It's pathetic coming out of the station and looking at the amount of horses, dogs, meat wagons and coppers lining the street, it's like an old Soviet military parade.

Not just that, they're nick happy now. Arresting anyone they can for ***k all, my brother had it, Sitters had it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 04:38 - Aug 21 with 2366 viewsBenters2

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 00:29 - Aug 21 by Melford

Not just that, they're nick happy now. Arresting anyone they can for ***k all, my brother had it, Sitters had it.

£80 fine thank you and good night.
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 06:01 - Aug 21 with 2346 viewsbrogansnose

We got off the packed Cambridge train the other year at the same time as the Nodge train rolled in. Both sets of fans got off and walked to the exit with only two coppers filming it. there were a few words but nothing worse than how my missus speaks to me. If anyhting was going to happen it would have happenend then. Outside plod everywhere. It s just a chance for some easy overtime, they get to dress up with shields and its a day out crapping on the streets for the horses.
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 06:34 - Aug 21 with 2307 viewsReuser_is_God

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 06:01 - Aug 21 by brogansnose

We got off the packed Cambridge train the other year at the same time as the Nodge train rolled in. Both sets of fans got off and walked to the exit with only two coppers filming it. there were a few words but nothing worse than how my missus speaks to me. If anyhting was going to happen it would have happenend then. Outside plod everywhere. It s just a chance for some easy overtime, they get to dress up with shields and its a day out crapping on the streets for the horses.

I genuinely believe if there was no police at the games there would be no trouble.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 07:00 - Aug 21 with 2276 viewsBenters2

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 06:01 - Aug 21 by brogansnose

Yep it happened with us on the train from Benters Central.

A bit of Top Gear Bantz but nothing else.

Its a lot of fuss about Nothing.

The gardens love a bit of horse poo.
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 07:07 - Aug 21 with 2258 viewsBenters2

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 06:34 - Aug 21 by Reuser_is_God

I genuinely believe if there was no police at the games there would be no trouble.

Im always amaazed how the away fixture the Police are so bloody rude!

Even if you are just walking to the stadium minding your own they are arseholes.
Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 07:50 - Aug 21 with 2195 viewsSteve_M

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 06:34 - Aug 21 by Reuser_is_God

That's as daft a viewpoint as the over the top policing, there are enough of our idiots and their idiots who get all excited for this one.

The question still needs asking of Suffolk Police though as to how much of the £383k (I think) annual policing bill is for this one match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 08:26 - Aug 21 with 2147 viewsitfcpaul

Does anyone know where the nearest parking will be?

We don't normally make this game due to the early kick off combined with the 3 hour travelling time for us and my lovely wifes disability

But we have decided to stay the night before and go to the game and then we've spotted the possible parking issues. She needs to park near due to her disabilty so looking for some advice if you can help

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 08:29 - Aug 21 with 2134 viewsTractorWood

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-44871578

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 08:41 - Aug 21 with 2108 viewsITFC_Forever

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 08:26 - Aug 21 by itfcpaul

Does anyone know where the nearest parking will be?

We don't normally make this game due to the early kick off combined with the 3 hour travelling time for us and my lovely wifes disability

But we have decided to stay the night before and go to the game and then we've spotted the possible parking issues. She needs to park near due to her disabilty so looking for some advice if you can help

If you get there at a decent time, it should be easy enough to park on the Portman Rd pay and display which is easily the closest car park, although it may be a bit of a wait to get out after.
They are likely to shut half of it off for the away coaches, but as I said, if you get there at a decent time, you will still get a space on the Axa side of the car park.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 08:43 - Aug 21 with 2098 viewsartsbossbeard

Makes me giggle as Norwich don't even venture that far into Town.

They "take" The Station & The KFC and that's their limit. I expect to see many faces that I've not seen since last season's game, of course.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 09:16 - Aug 21 with 2036 viewsitfcpaul

Extreme road closures for the Norwich game... on 08:41 - Aug 21 by ITFC_Forever

If you get there at a decent time, it should be easy enough to park on the Portman Rd pay and display which is easily the closest car park, although it may be a bit of a wait to get out after.
They are likely to shut half of it off for the away coaches, but as I said, if you get there at a decent time, you will still get a space on the Axa side of the car park.

We do normally park in there in the top half but presumed with Portman Road being closed that would be

We usually leave before the end due to her mobility and to get away due to the distance. is thst an option on these days do you know?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024