Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please 09:42 - Aug 9 with 3518 viewsBlue_Heath

Would complete a fantastic window. Would rather see Kenlock given a chance than let Jonas leave for nothing at the end of the season and Garner is a Mick anti football type who we can do without.
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:43 - Aug 9 with 3073 viewsitfcjoe

If Jonas goes we'd have to get a replacement in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:46 - Aug 9 with 3041 viewsSomethingBlue

Kenlock for Knudsen is an unthinkably big downgrade, especially given our lack of experience elsewhere. I'd rather we weren't sucked into a relegation battle so on balance I'd go with comfortably our best left-back.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:46 - Aug 9 with 3032 viewsButterbing

Jackson looks done. If that is the last deal we should all be very happy with the business done. I would say any more are because of sales. I would argue that we need Knudsen and Garner's experience in the team (squad for Garner).

Windass may only be done if Garner goes.

If Knudsen goes we would need a replacement. Although, could be John as a loan which wouldn't need to be completed today.
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:49 - Aug 9 with 2996 viewsJackSted

I don't mind losing Garner, as long as we get a decent replacement in.

But I really don't want to lose Knudsen.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:50 - Aug 9 with 2986 viewsitfcbam

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:43 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

If Jonas goes we'd have to get a replacement in

Agreed. Jonas is definately the better full back in a 4 man defence as Kenlock has tendency to get caught out of position. That said he is probably a better wing back. However Hurst prefers 4 at the back so therefore Knudsen is the better option. On top of that he can also play left centre back.
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:51 - Aug 9 with 2972 viewschicoazul

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:46 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Kenlock for Knudsen is an unthinkably big downgrade, especially given our lack of experience elsewhere. I'd rather we weren't sucked into a relegation battle so on balance I'd go with comfortably our best left-back.

Does/can Donacien play there? Sure I saw someone the other day saying he can play both FB positions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:53 - Aug 9 with 2952 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:46 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Agreed. I like Kenlock although I'm not sure he's come on that much and seems to struggle a little defensively.

Someone as solid and dependable as Knudsen will pay huge dividends to the team around him.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:53 - Aug 9 with 2952 viewsBlue_Heath

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:50 - Aug 9 by itfcbam

Agreed. Jonas is definately the better full back in a 4 man defence as Kenlock has tendency to get caught out of position. That said he is probably a better wing back. However Hurst prefers 4 at the back so therefore Knudsen is the better option. On top of that he can also play left centre back.

Jonas in a 3 I can do but he is a poor left back IMHO, gets a nose bleed on the half way line and easily beaten on the deck. His Naaridge exploits are clouding people's judgement! Kenlock is way better going forward and unless given a prolonged run we'll never know if he can improve.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:53 - Aug 9 with 2941 viewsSomethingBlue

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:51 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Does/can Donacien play there? Sure I saw someone the other day saying he can play both FB positions.

He can but looks to me like a player who will need nursing into the Championship a little bit. Not a natural left-footer either. More of an emergency option in that role I expect, but useful to know he could if required.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:54 - Aug 9 with 2936 viewsBloomBlue

Strange you want to give Kenlock a chance but not Morris by buying Windass.
Morris is going to be the new Rhodes/Marriott he'll be leaving because of lack of first team chances
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:55 - Aug 9 with 2919 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:53 - Aug 9 by Blue_Heath

Jonas in a 3 I can do but he is a poor left back IMHO, gets a nose bleed on the half way line and easily beaten on the deck. His Naaridge exploits are clouding people's judgement! Kenlock is way better going forward and unless given a prolonged run we'll never know if he can improve.

'gets a nose bleed on the half way line'.

With 7 assists last season?

I'd say that was good for any left back, let alone one who never crosses the halfway line.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:57 - Aug 9 with 2903 viewsBlue_Heath

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:54 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

Morris is going to be the new Rhodes/Marriott he'll be leaving because of lack of first team chances

Wouldn't be averse to Morris but we need competition too specially up front where I fear we may struggle a little.
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:03 - Aug 9 with 2865 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:57 - Aug 9 by Blue_Heath

Wouldn't be averse to Morris but we need competition too specially up front where I fear we may struggle a little.

Without Knudsen, we'd be left with Kenlock. Who isn't really ready.
And no competition. And a very new and somewhat inexperienced backline where I fear we would struggle.

Or, exactly what you're worried about should Garner leave.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 10:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:06 - Aug 9 with 2843 viewsCurrie10

I'm far from Knudsen's biggest fan however sorry Kenlock not for me in a month of Sundays.
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:08 - Aug 9 with 2819 viewschicoazul

And yet here he is with 7 assists last year and many chances created.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:11 - Aug 9 with 2809 viewsSteve_M

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:55 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

'gets a nose bleed on the half way line'.

With 7 assists last season?

I'd say that was good for any left back, let alone one who never crosses the halfway line.

Yeah, but they were all hoofs or something.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:16 - Aug 9 with 2791 viewsBlueBadger

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:08 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

And yet here he is with 7 assists last year and many chances created.

I've said this before and I'll say this again. 75% of people who want Knudsen gone are those who want him out because he said nice things about Mick. The rest are simply dimwits who still think it's 2015.

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 2770 viewsSteve_M

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:16 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

I've said this before and I'll say this again. 75% of people who want Knudsen gone are those who want him out because he said nice things about Mick. The rest are simply dimwits who still think it's 2015.

Don't forget those who decided he was crap in his first season and won't let any amount of evidence change their minds.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:21 - Aug 9 with 2756 viewschicoazul

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:16 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

You may be onto something. I just don't understand how anyone can not rate Jonas. He is a great player! And also always seems so happy to be playing for us!

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 2742 viewsReuser_is_God

Can’t see Knudsen going, unless we get a silly offer.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:24 - Aug 9 with 2735 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:23 - Aug 9 by Reuser_is_God

Can’t see Knudsen going, unless we get a silly offer.

It is deadline day in all fairness.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:26 - Aug 9 with 2723 viewsmoughm

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:28 - Aug 9 with 2703 viewsDarth_Koont

Sorry but I think that's nonsense.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:30 - Aug 9 with 2681 viewsYallop

Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 09:54 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

If Morris bangs the goals in for the U23s he'll get his chance in the first team regardless of who we sign. The Championship is a long hard slog.
Jackson/Windass In Knudsen/Garner out please on 10:52 - Aug 9 with 2612 viewsGuthrum

I'd rather have the use of Knudsen for a season than a relatively paltry fee now. His experience in defence, energy and enthusiasm could well be worth £1m to us over the next 45 or so games.

It's not like we need to sell.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024