Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? 16:04 - Aug 8 with 1887 viewsLeagueOne

Given the barrage of insults I have had based on my username - which was inspired by recent events here and not meant to be taken as a Budgie inspired Warcry, is League One below Ipswich?

I'd say so myself.

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 16:05]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 1817 viewsPendejo

Define "standard"...

Given the last time we appeared in Tier 3 of English football Sir Alf Ramsey was managing Ipswich and the space race had barely heard the starter gun... the answer is NO. As our standard is clearly Tier 2 with the odd glorious foray into Tier 1.

However, you never know, maybe Mick gets proven fight about wishes and all that.

But for now it is clearly below us as we are in the Champtionship

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 1811 viewsSpruceMoose

I have a suggestion for another poll.

For how long will the 'new' poster, LeagueOne, embarrass himself before giving up?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 16:16]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:16 - Aug 8 with 1805 viewschicoazul

Well DanFord given that we are currently in the league above...
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 16:16]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:19 - Aug 8 with 1773 viewstheinbetweener

Ipswich are in the Championship, in case you hadn't noticed.

So to answer your question factually, yes League One is below Ipswich.

Next...
Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:23 - Aug 8 with 1738 viewsGavTWTD

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:19 - Aug 8 by theinbetweener

Ipswich are in the Championship, in case you hadn't noticed.

So to answer your question factually, yes League One is below Ipswich.

Next...

Are the players "beneath us and won't improve us?" No.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:26 - Aug 8 with 1720 viewswkj

Question is, does the barrage of insults you're getting equate to more than those you got under "DanFord"

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:28 - Aug 8 with 1691 viewsGavTWTD

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:26 - Aug 8 by wkj

Question is, does the barrage of insults you're getting equate to more than those you got under "DanFord"

We've had 100 new users in the last week. They aren't the same person.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:29 - Aug 8 with 1689 viewswkj

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:28 - Aug 8 by GavTWTD

We've had 100 new users in the last week. They aren't the same person.

Drat, well it was a 1:100 chance to look smart, but I play the fool again

Login to get fewer ads

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:32 - Aug 8 with 1672 viewsGavTWTD

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:29 - Aug 8 by wkj

Drat, well it was a 1:100 chance to look smart, but I play the fool again

But if an Ipswich fan can't enjoy the last few days and get a bit excited then ...

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:36 - Aug 8 with 1633 viewswkj

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:32 - Aug 8 by GavTWTD

But if an Ipswich fan can't enjoy the last few days and get a bit excited then ...

I respectfully and graciously accept my spanking, and will endeavour to improve.

I would like to publicly apologise to League One for implying you were a serial paragraph badgerer.

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:51 - Aug 8 with 1556 viewsPinewoodblue

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:36 - Aug 8 by wkj

I respectfully and graciously accept my spanking, and will endeavour to improve.

I would like to publicly apologise to League One for implying you were a serial paragraph badgerer.

Badger, I thought he was a shrew.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 17:04 - Aug 8 with 1497 viewsGuthrum

Yes. Altho selected footballers playing for teams within it aren't.

Hence Hurst's attempt to compile a "best of" League One/Two doesn't necessarily result in a team of that level.

p.s. Are you going to rename yourself "Championship" when we get promoted?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 17:41 - Aug 8 with 1400 viewsmonty_radio

I think that there is an interesting debate to be had lurking in the O.P.

Hurst came in and made the right noises; quickly he moved on to suggesting that even such as Knudsen and Chambers were not shoo-ins. Then he made comments on the lack of depth in the club and also the long-term injured, around whom he could lay down no plan.

He came from L1 success, and we saw against Blackburn another thrusting, organised, recent L1 side. Now clearly we are witnessing Hurst going as high as budget allows to rebuild with L1 and L2 players.

Indisputably Town have been, and are, a championship entity, but Hurst's rebuilding suggests to me that he immediately wondered about the long-term future around that. In any event he knew that playing the way he wished to he was not the man to continue the Mick legacy of making bricks without suitable material.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 17:46 - Aug 8 with 1372 viewsSpruceMoose

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:36 - Aug 8 by wkj

Never apologise. Gav and Phil always deny Taxi is back when it is clear to all whenever he is. They can't be trusted. I reckon they are on the take from all these criminal posters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 17:53 - Aug 8 with 1341 viewsScuzzer

Is League One below the standard of Ipswich Town? on 16:23 - Aug 8 by GavTWTD

Are the players "beneath us and won't improve us?" No.

I'm afraid you cant categorically state 'no'...time will tell on this one.

Established 1968

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024