Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Empty Leg Flights... 11:31 - Jun 15 with 2172 viewsTIB

So, the game with Exeter brings to mind something I discovered recently...Empty Leg Flights aka flying via private jet for 75% off the normal cost. Has anyone does this before? I'm toying with doing it later this year if the right flight comes along...this week I saw a Learjet 75 for 12 people going to Malaga for £4500...that's £375/each!!! One way admittedly, but for the comfort, 15min arrival before take-off allowance and experience it seems incredibly decent.

Maybe Biggin Hill to Exeter could be the route to tick that private jet bucket list experience off

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Empty Leg Flights... on 11:48 - Jun 15 with 2110 viewshomer_123

As it happens - one of our clients offers this service - the savings are immense and the quality of the flight second to none but typically, one way, as you say.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Empty Leg Flights... on 11:51 - Jun 15 with 2100 viewsfooters

Sounds good for special occasions. Planning my mate's stag do next year so may well be worth looking into for that. Are there any dedicated companies who offer it?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Empty Leg Flights... on 11:52 - Jun 15 with 2090 viewswkj

You'd have to pay me £375 to go to Malaga again, and make it first class there and back... Absolutely hated it, but going a bit futher north to the areas closer to Granada was great

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Empty Leg Flights... on 12:15 - Jun 15 with 2030 viewsTIB

Empty Leg Flights... on 11:51 - Jun 15 by footers

Sounds good for special occasions. Planning my mate's stag do next year so may well be worth looking into for that. Are there any dedicated companies who offer it?

StrataJet is on, Saxon Air. Type into Google Empty Leg Flights UK and you'll find some. Key is to have flexibility on dates and location...some cracking deals to me had though. I see a lot of flights to Pula about. Also consider flying somewhere on cheap and getting a jet as return flight.

Empty Leg Flights... on 12:16 - Jun 15 with 2025 viewsTIB

Empty Leg Flights... on 11:48 - Jun 15 by homer_123

As it happens - one of our clients offers this service - the savings are immense and the quality of the flight second to none but typically, one way, as you say.

Have you used the service before Homer?

Empty Leg Flights... on 07:55 - Jun 17 with 1903 viewshomer_123

Empty Leg Flights... on 12:16 - Jun 15 by TIB

Have you used the service before Homer?

No, but only because logistically sorting out a return seems too tiresome...but that's laziness on my part!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Empty Leg Flights... on 08:38 - Jun 17 with 1822 viewstcblue

Wow, just looked at some sites. This used to be a LOT cheaper...
Empty Leg Flights... on 09:25 - Jun 17 with 1742 viewsMullet

I have to admit I looked at regular flights from Manchester to Exeter, and it's doable, but for an early league cup game and the need for accommodation on a Tuesday night, I'm not sure I will.

I think this world cup might reignite my love of footy just in time for August!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Empty Leg Flights... on 09:32 - Jun 17 with 1725 viewsAce_High1

Not looked at that before.

I think that must be one of the best things to have if money is no object, your own jet on standby at a local airfield ready to take you anywhere you want to go at a moments notice.
Empty Leg Flights... on 09:42 - Jun 17 with 1704 viewsTIB

Empty Leg Flights... on 07:55 - Jun 17 by homer_123

No, but only because logistically sorting out a return seems too tiresome...but that's laziness on my part!

I’m going to keep checking for later in the year, aiming for a return flight as flights returning to UK look cheaper for most part. It’s going to be tough finding right flight at right time but a few of the companies you can sign up for notifications that alert you when a flight that might suit you pops up.

Empty Leg Flights... on 09:51 - Jun 17 with 1681 viewstcblue

Empty Leg Flights... on 09:32 - Jun 17 by Ace_High1

Not looked at that before.

I think that must be one of the best things to have if money is no object, your own jet on standby at a local airfield ready to take you anywhere you want to go at a moments notice.

Agreed, but sometimes the reality isn't quite the same as you'd expect, one of my friends is a private pilot so I have had a few insights into a world I'd never know otherwise, and the planes (I guess this depends how rich you get!) are quite cramped and not what I would call very private. At least you can stand up straight in the aisles on an EasyJet flight!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024