Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 17:01 - Jun 8 with 2677 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Saw we were linked with Lyle Taylor and certainly has a good record. Has anyone heard of Macauley Bonne at Leyton Orient. Would really like to see Town sign him. He was born and raise in Ipswich and has netted 22 goals in 44 games this year and is still only 22. Surely has to be worth a punt.....??

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Macauley Bonne on 17:06 - Jun 8 with 2655 viewsGeoffSentence

I've heard of him. I managed Col Utd on FM, he was one of my best players.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Macauley Bonne on 17:11 - Jun 8 with 2638 viewsJimmyJazz

Didn't we have him as a youngster? He didn't make much of a mark at Colchester and left them to go non-league

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Macauley Bonne on 17:30 - Jun 8 with 2587 viewsSitfcB

He was here as a youngster.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Macauley Bonne on 17:53 - Jun 8 with 2536 viewsSuperfrans

No. Not good enough.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Macauley Bonne on 18:40 - Jun 8 with 2477 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Macauley Bonne on 17:53 - Jun 8 by Superfrans

No. Not good enough.

You know him? You seen him play often?

Macauley Bonne on 19:36 - Jun 8 with 2416 viewsSuperfrans

Macauley Bonne on 18:40 - Jun 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

You know him? You seen him play often?

A few times, for ColU and the Os. He’s okay enough at a lower level, but just doesn’t have the extra to make it in the Championship. If people think Nouble isn’t good enough, Bonne certainly isn’t.

Macauley Bonne on 20:12 - Jun 8 with 2357 viewsitfcjoe

Macauley Bonne on 19:36 - Jun 8 by Superfrans

A few times, for ColU and the Os. He’s okay enough at a lower level, but just doesn’t have the extra to make it in the Championship. If people think Nouble isn’t good enough, Bonne certainly isn’t.

He was released from the academy because although he was good he was deemed totally uncoachable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Macauley Bonne on 20:43 - Jun 8 with 2318 viewsSuperfrans

Macauley Bonne on 20:12 - Jun 8 by itfcjoe

He was released from the academy because although he was good he was deemed totally uncoachable

Funnily enough, this thread starts with a mention of Lyle Taylor. When we were linked with him before, i asked my friend who is involved with Afc Wimbledon what he thiught, and he said similar things abiut him - difficult to manage, Ardley spend as much time managing Taylor as the rest of the AFCW squad combined.

If what we have heard about Hurst is correct, he’ll have a similar attitude to McCarthy when it comes to players - looking for good players, with a good attitude, he wont risk polluting a decent squad spirit with unreliable and/or high maintenance players.

Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 21:53 - Jun 8 with 2237 viewsParisBlue

Macauley Bonne on 20:43 - Jun 8 by Superfrans

Funnily enough, this thread starts with a mention of Lyle Taylor. When we were linked with him before, i asked my friend who is involved with Afc Wimbledon what he thiught, and he said similar things abiut him - difficult to manage, Ardley spend as much time managing Taylor as the rest of the AFCW squad combined.

If what we have heard about Hurst is correct, he’ll have a similar attitude to McCarthy when it comes to players - looking for good players, with a good attitude, he wont risk polluting a decent squad spirit with unreliable and/or high maintenance players.

Wasn’t Jonathon Walters considered difficult at some of his earlier clubs?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Macauley Bonne on 07:14 - Jun 9 with 2065 viewsLesta_Tractor

Macauley Bonne on 20:12 - Jun 8 by itfcjoe

Standard Zimbabwean, a whole nation of people who know better.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Macauley Bonne on 07:29 - Jun 9 with 2049 viewsslump

Macauley Bonne on 07:14 - Jun 9 by Lesta_Tractor

Standard Zimbabwean, a whole nation of people who know better.

I've worked with quite a few Zimbabweans and dont agree with your casting aspersion

UTT

Macauley Bonne on 07:50 - Jun 9 with 2022 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Macauley Bonne on 19:36 - Jun 8 by Superfrans

Oh ok fair enough, sometimes the records at lower level makes you believe they could do it any level, but if you’ve seen him you certainly have a wider knowledge on the man.

Macauley Bonne on 08:06 - Jun 9 with 2007 viewsSuperfrans

Macauley Bonne on 21:53 - Jun 8 by ParisBlue

Wasn’t Jonathon Walters considered difficult at some of his earlier clubs?

No idea.

And I’m not saying it’s necessarily the best blanket strategy. Fact is, when you’re shopping on our budgets, we always need to be looking for flawed players, who maybe haven’t fulifilled their potential. But I do understand the need not to sign players with the wrong character, especially when you have a solid foundation, based on Sound, reliable players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024