Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont 13:19 - Jun 4 with 3683 viewsDanFord

Quite amazing really. Obviously you can take it further and no doubt find a 35 year striker playing in Iranian Division 2. It really is amazing though we have players there when one of Man City's biggest stars (the Premier League Young Player of the Season - 14 goals, 19 assists) hasn't made it. Also, regardless of form for their country, Ozil over Sane! Madness. It really is a disgrace if Ozil can play that well for Germany he keeps Sane out that he's then so terrible for Arsenal.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 13:20]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:46 - Jun 4 with 2891 viewsbournemouthblue

Given the supposed windfall you can get for having players at the world cup

Why weren't we scouting provisional players from minor nations and looking to bring them in on the cheap?

I assume FIFA have some kind of failsafe to stop this being abused?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:50 - Jun 4 with 2879 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:46 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

Why weren't we scouting provisional players from minor nations and looking to bring them in on the cheap?

What windfall?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:52 - Jun 4 with 2872 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ozil over Sane seems odd to us having seen them domestically but I think it is the fact that he is a different player for Germany that has done it. He is an experienced international who has done it in the big tournaments.

Has Sane been given a chance with Germany? Has he done something to put Low off?

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:56 - Jun 4 with 2867 viewsTrequartista

Successful countries build a team though, they don't throw together the 23 players with the best form.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:12 - Jun 4 with 2840 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:50 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

What windfall?

FIFA club payments by Jeff_winger 4 Jun 2018 15:20
Now it is confirmed that Bart and Jonas are at the world cup that also confirms we will get a share of the $209 million that is paid out to clubs who have players participate.

The good news is this is paid out on players time spent at the world cup regardless of if the player actually plays or not (could be very relevant for our 2 players)

I think it works out about $8500 a day for each player and the days start accumulating 2 weeks before the tournament, nice little payout, hopefully Denmark and Poland stay in the competition for later stages.

More info below:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/how-do-clubs-benefit-from-the-world-cup-2921370

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:20 - Jun 4 with 2828 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:12 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

Now it is confirmed that Bart and Jonas are at the world cup that also confirms we will get a share of the $209 million that is paid out to clubs who have players participate.

The good news is this is paid out on players time spent at the world cup regardless of if the player actually plays or not (could be very relevant for our 2 players)

I think it works out about $8500 a day for each player and the days start accumulating 2 weeks before the tournament, nice little payout, hopefully Denmark and Poland stay in the competition for later stages.

More info below:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/how-do-clubs-benefit-from-the-world-cup-2921370

$8500 per day per player picked before taxes. So something like up to £5000 per day per player provided they were signed before July 2016.

Are you suggesting we should have signed some lesser player who is likely to be picked for Senegal on the assumption they would qualify for the World Cup in order to recoup something in the region of £100K towards their wages, fees, etc. at the risk they wouldn't get picked or would be out injured?

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:24 - Jun 4 with 2816 viewsSpruceMoose

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:20 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

$8500 per day per player picked before taxes. So something like up to £5000 per day per player provided they were signed before July 2016.

Are you suggesting we should have signed some lesser player who is likely to be picked for Senegal on the assumption they would qualify for the World Cup in order to recoup something in the region of £100K towards their wages, fees, etc. at the risk they wouldn't get picked or would be out injured?

I doubt we could afford any of the Senegalese players.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:31 - Jun 4 with 2805 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:24 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

I doubt we could afford any of the Senegalese players.

One of them is called Diallo. I expect he cost more than Drissa though.

But there, also, is the point. There are very few really poor players guaranteed to be in the squad of a side guaranteed to qualify for the tournament.

We would not have guaranteed either Bart or Jonas 2 years ago and we signed them for what they add to our team. The "windfall" idea is plain nonsense.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 20:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:31 - Jun 4 with 2804 viewsSimonds92

First part of this post is completely pointless and irrelevant. Djimi Traore has won more champions league medals than Buffon. Spain have a £65million player that isnt going etc.
Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:32 - Jun 4 with 2803 viewsjas0999

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:12 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

More info below:

Interesting. I’m sure Evans will invest every last penny into the playing squad. Good news.
Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:33 - Jun 4 with 2797 viewsgordon

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:20 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, obviously not, that would be absurd. We should have signed some Panamanians.
Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:36 - Jun 4 with 2792 viewsgordon

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 19:46 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

Hello? Laursen Toure?
Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:54 - Jun 4 with 2763 viewsJakeITFC

Özil awful? Please stop having opinions on football.
Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:56 - Jun 4 with 2762 viewsbournemouthblue

Senegal is an extreme example

I'm thinking Saudi Arabia or other such minnow nations

Obviously if the player is actually good, the better

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:08 - Jun 4 with 2743 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:56 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

Senegal is an extreme example

I'm thinking Saudi Arabia or other such minnow nations

Obviously if the player is actually good, the better

I wonder how much a guaranteed Saudi international player would want in wages, what transfer fees would be involved, how certain they were to get into this World Cup and how the rest of the squad would feel to have him in the squad.

The idea of scouting on the basis of this "windfall" is absurd.

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:16 - Jun 4 with 2734 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 20:33 - Jun 4 by gordon

No, obviously not, that would be absurd. We should have signed some Panamanians.

I don't know what the chances of Panama qualifying were 2 years ago? Maybe for the 2/3rds "windfall" their chances were higher 1 year ago. I also don't know how clear their squad would be. I note most of it plays in the MLS. Would wages and fees be something we would compete with?

I wonder how you would feel if we had signed some second rate Australian player on the assumption we would recoup some money on him when they played him in the World Cup only for them not to qualify. Perhaps that is why we signed Kevin Bru?!

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:24 - Jun 4 with 2716 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:08 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I wonder how much a guaranteed Saudi international player would want in wages, what transfer fees would be involved, how certain they were to get into this World Cup and how the rest of the squad would feel to have him in the squad.

The idea of scouting on the basis of this "windfall" is absurd.

Yes but technically it could be done

It's ethically questionable and not particularly practical but it could be done for marginal gains

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:26 - Jun 4 with 2705 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:16 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't know what the chances of Panama qualifying were 2 years ago? Maybe for the 2/3rds "windfall" their chances were higher 1 year ago. I also don't know how clear their squad would be. I note most of it plays in the MLS. Would wages and fees be something we would compete with?

I wonder how you would feel if we had signed some second rate Australian player on the assumption we would recoup some money on him when they played him in the World Cup only for them not to qualify. Perhaps that is why we signed Kevin Bru?!

There's certainly a fun football manager challenge in there

How high can you get a team of obscure football internationals up the footballing pyramid?

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:30 - Jun 4 with 2701 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:24 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

It's ethically questionable and not particularly practical but it could be done for marginal gains

"marginal gains" more like a big gamble. It would be far better to scout for real quality.

It is easy to look back and say we should have signed Luis Tejada but would it have been worth all the time and effort only for his visa not be approved after it all? Would it have been worth it all if we had managed to sign him and then Panama didn't qualify or he was out injured? I suspect you are too young to recall how difficult it was to sign Jaime Peters. In hindsight I am sure that time, money and effort would have been better spent more thoroughly scouting the local leagues.

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:36 - Jun 4 with 2698 viewsJ2BLUE

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:24 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

High risk, low reward. Seems utterly pointless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:43 - Jun 4 with 2692 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:36 - Jun 4 by J2BLUE

High risk, low reward. Seems utterly pointless.

It appears some are taking this suggestion far too seriously

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:44 - Jun 4 with 2690 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:30 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

"marginal gains" more like a big gamble. It would be far better to scout for real quality.

It is easy to look back and say we should have signed Luis Tejada but would it have been worth all the time and effort only for his visa not be approved after it all? Would it have been worth it all if we had managed to sign him and then Panama didn't qualify or he was out injured? I suspect you are too young to recall how difficult it was to sign Jaime Peters. In hindsight I am sure that time, money and effort would have been better spent more thoroughly scouting the local leagues.

No I certainly remember Jaime Peters and how we thought we'd picked up an absolute gem

What a false dawn that was

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:48 - Jun 4 with 2683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:44 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

No I certainly remember Jaime Peters and how we thought we'd picked up an absolute gem

It wasn't just that he was a hot prospect (and he did make it as a Canadian international and as a first team player for us), but it was more the whole persuading the Home Office to grant him a visa and the time it took to get the transfer across the line.

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 00:17 - Jun 5 with 2610 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:48 - Jun 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

It wasn't just that he was a hot prospect (and he did make it as a Canadian international and as a first team player for us), but it was more the whole persuading the Home Office to grant him a visa and the time it took to get the transfer across the line.

How much does that cost besides time?

Paperwork and waiting yes but how much is that as a monetary cost?

I don't disagree that it is a huge ball ache and time would be better spent looking around the lower leagues

This is purely a hypothetical suggestion

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 00:35 - Jun 5 with 2597 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Jonas Knudsen will be playing at a World Cup that Leroy Sane wont on 21:44 - Jun 4 by bournemouthblue

Occassional poster BlueInBrum once game up with a great description of Jaime Peters. That he always looked like a sh1t player having the game of his life.

Poll: Best Football Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024