Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! 13:44 - Mar 27 with 6838 viewsurbanblue

At the weekend I went to see my first ever Ballet .... and it was ferking amazing!!!

There, I said it!

After 50 odd years of not even thinking for one minute of watching or attending one, I got tickets to take my 10 year old daughter (who loves dance) to a performance of Beauty and the Beast by the Victorian State Ballet. Even my daughter was unsure whether she would enjoy it and we had an exit plan to do a runner at the interval if we were bored.

It was at a small venue, we were two rows back virtually overlooking the stage. Honestly, totally blew us both away. Stunning!!

Just shows. Step out of that comfort zone sometimes.

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:49 - Mar 27 with 5499 viewsKeno

I have been to see ballet a couple of times and yes agree its stunning!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:54 - Mar 27 with 5480 viewsartsbossbeard

There should be a board amnesty on these things.

I had to go to an Opera as one of our clients sponsored it. It was bloomin' brilliant.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:57 - Mar 27 with 5462 viewsurbanblue

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:49 - Mar 27 by Keno

I have been to see ballet a couple of times and yes agree its stunning!!

Yes, have to see it live to realise eh. It made me realise how some very popular shows and performance would be nothing without a nod to Ballet. Cirque De Soleil springs to mind.

The fitness, agility and talent of these performers was quite something.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:57 - Mar 27 with 5461 viewsstringy

when we played Torpedo away I went with a then girlfriend who was a bit of a ballet buff, so I capitulated and we managed to get fabulous seats (2nd row in first balcony) to see Swan Lake at the Bolshoi for about $15 each

It was amazing
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:57 - Mar 27 with 5456 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes, pretty spectacular. Went with my daughters too.

Although be careful about the classical ballets. They're very good but can drag a little. I can imagine Beauty and the Beast has a lot more going on than Giselle.

Pronouns: He/Him

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:00 - Mar 27 with 5438 viewsurbanblue

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:54 - Mar 27 by artsbossbeard

I had to go to an Opera as one of our clients sponsored it. It was bloomin' brilliant.

It's funny I found myself thinking I'll try an Opera next.

Then I thought ..... Naah!!

I will of course sometime. I'm on a roll now.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:02 - Mar 27 with 5418 viewsurbanblue

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:57 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

Yes, pretty spectacular. Went with my daughters too.

Although be careful about the classical ballets. They're very good but can drag a little. I can imagine Beauty and the Beast has a lot more going on than Giselle.

It did help to know the story. Beast had a cool mask and Beauty was pretty hot! Music was amazing too.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:05 - Mar 27 with 5402 viewsSpruceMoose

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:54 - Mar 27 by artsbossbeard

I'd recommend taking your clients to a drag show next time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:05 - Mar 27 with 5396 viewsartsbossbeard

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:05 - Mar 27 by SpruceMoose

I'd recommend taking your clients to a drag show next time.

They'll be on stage with me singing Dancing Queen.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:08 - Mar 27 with 5385 viewsbluejake78

Under protest I went to see a USA Glenn Miller tribute band with my late wife and her parents.
Bloody fantastic.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:09 - Mar 27 with 5375 viewsfooters

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:57 - Mar 27 by stringy

when we played Torpedo away I went with a then girlfriend who was a bit of a ballet buff, so I capitulated and we managed to get fabulous seats (2nd row in first balcony) to see Swan Lake at the Bolshoi for about $15 each

It was amazing

Same. The Bolshoi is amazing, although it wasn't really my cup of tea. Bumped into the Zenit team in the hotel that week too.

And good excuse to crack out a favourite joke:

I graduated from ballet school, got a 2:2.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:13 - Mar 27 with 5360 viewshomer_123

I've got an opportunity to go to the Opera (free tickets etc.) which I'l do but I have to admit.....I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:15 - Mar 27 with 5344 viewsKeno

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:08 - Mar 27 by bluejake78

Under protest I went to see a USA Glenn Miller tribute band with my late wife and her parents.
Bloody fantastic.

Glenn Miller's music is just amazing, although you do have to be in the mood

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:15 - Mar 27 with 5337 viewsFrimleyBlue

right that's it. we're going hunting.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I too went to the Ballet on 14:17 - Mar 27 with 5333 viewsHeathlander

True.

But they also played Gold.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 5182 viewsconnorscontract

I've just bought a gilet.

I didn't intend to. I bought a new coat from ebay and it came with a gilet.

I've never had a gilet before. I quite like it.

Thank you for the opportunity to get that off my chest (but not arms, obviously, it's sleeveless...)
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 17:34 - Mar 27 with 5149 viewsGuthrum

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 17:11 - Mar 27 by connorscontract

I've just bought a gilet.

I didn't intend to. I bought a new coat from ebay and it came with a gilet.

I've never had a gilet before. I quite like it.

Thank you for the opportunity to get that off my chest (but not arms, obviously, it's sleeveless...)

Did it come with a free Tim Sherwood?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 17:42 - Mar 27 with 5139 viewsbobwya

I was in Berlin 30 years ago and the people I was staying with arranged tickets for a symphony concert at the Berlin Symphonia conducted by the great ( apparently) Karajan. I had never been to a symphony concert before - or since - but it was an amazing experience in an incredible experience in amazing building that I wouldn't have missed for the world.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 18:23 - Mar 27 with 5103 viewsgosblue

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 13:57 - Mar 27 by stringy

It was amazing

I was also very fortunate to see the Bolshoi perform Swan Lake in the Kremlin theatre. But that was in1982 at the time of the Falklands conflict. I didn’t want to go to the ballet because I thought it somehow conflicted with my masculinity but I wasn’t given a choice and I wasn’t paying. It was a wonderful experience that I would love to repeat. I have since been to a couple of ballet performances by the Royal Ballet when they are beamed live to a cinema. It’s not quite the same but still well worth a watch and for not much money. You can tell it’s the international break when we are talking about ballet.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 19:25 - Mar 27 with 5057 viewsTVRBlue

I too relatively recently saw my first ever ballet.

Swan Lake performed in St Petersburg, Russia.

My thoughts were exactly the same as urbanblue's in not thinking I'd enjoy it but it was a fantastic experience and one I'd like to do again one day.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 20:55 - Mar 27 with 4972 viewsBluespeed225

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 14:08 - Mar 27 by bluejake78

Bloody fantastic.

Can’t go wrong there. If any music ever says, ‘let’s dance/drink/ fcuk cos’ we might die tommorw’ It’s Millers!
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 21:05 - Mar 27 with 4957 viewsbrogansnose

Would love to go to the opera. For some weird reason it all clicked into place watching The Trip and I've got into opera. I know chuff all about it but I play it so much in the car now going to and from work.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 21:27 - Mar 27 with 4936 viewstcblue

I lived with a ballerina for a bit when I was younger. It's incredibly physically demanding.

And so's ballet
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 22:23 - Mar 27 with 4880 viewssolemio

An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 17:42 - Mar 27 by bobwya

I was in Berlin 30 years ago and the people I was staying with arranged tickets for a symphony concert at the Berlin Symphonia conducted by the great ( apparently) Karajan. I had never been to a symphony concert before - or since - but it was an amazing experience in an incredible experience in amazing building that I wouldn't have missed for the world.

There were always two views on Karajan.

I think that the fair view is that he was fantastic in some music and really not great in other pieces.
An 'I can't believe I'm writing this on a football forum' post! on 09:48 - Mar 28 with 4752 viewsSwansea_Blue

When i was a kid I went to see a touring Russian company at the Regent (or Gaumont as it was known then). It was awful. The stage was too cramped and I'm pretty sure I remember someone falling off it (or at least stumbling pretty badly). Never been tempted again!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024