Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick 15:45 - Mar 21 with 5719 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Which is highly bloody likely.

The only way, clearly, for Mick to get the fans back on side is to play free flowing football,
sure as s hit, he'll have to set out to attack at home.

But creative flair players, as we know cost the kind of money that Evans just won't invest. So, we are looking at signings from the lower leagues/non league and as we know theres a chance that they won't work out.

OR we go for players like Nydam, Downes and Dozzell, not an unknown, but a risk to have a midfield that young.

The question I'm asking is (I think), if Mick gives us what we want in terms of style of play and come Christmas we are in the bottom reaches of the table. How many of us would accept a return to being difficult to break down and stopping teams from playing?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 15:48 - Mar 21 with 4788 viewsSteve_M

Mick went a fair way to giving us what we wanted in the first half of this season (an attacking side scoring a good amount of goals at home), he didn't really get any slack with one really poor home performance against QPR.

There's no chance he'll be cut any slack if we're that far down the table next season regardless of how we actually play.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 15:52 - Mar 21 with 4752 viewsIllinoisblue

I can't see any scenario in which Mick is still our manager next season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 15:57 - Mar 21 with 4733 viewsDarth_Koont

Personally, I don't think Mick will stay or be given the chance.

But simply all he (or a new manager) needs to do is get back our midfield and win matches. Although maybe we also need a bit more spending to double up in midfield and attack now that we know numbers are low.

Having a balanced midfield, winning and building on that confidence will change the way we play and, most importantly, the fans' perception of how we play. A great example of that was the Leeds game where people went overboard about the game even though objectively it was very similar to what we've already seen this season. The difference was we won and the atmosphere was much, much better due to a sending off and the Leeds fans.

I can't see us radically changing our style to make us less of a Championship side and more of a Dutch team for example. Anyway, attacking, high-tempo football is still much more about the players available than a specific ethos.

Pronouns: He/Him

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:00 - Mar 21 with 4728 viewschicoazul

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 15:52 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

The same person who told me he was presented with a brand new 3 year deal at Xmas now tells me he has turned it down despite it including a pay rise and a whacking great promotion bonus and is definitely leaving. He also says Mick is going to Russia to commentate in the summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:03 - Mar 21 with 4708 viewshomer_123

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:00 - Mar 21 by chicoazul

The same person who told me he was presented with a brand new 3 year deal at Xmas now tells me he has turned it down despite it including a pay rise and a whacking great promotion bonus and is definitely leaving. He also says Mick is going to Russia to commentate in the summer.

My source is that it's a 1+1 deal but remains unsigned....alongside Barts new contract which he isn't going to sign until after the World Cup.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:05 - Mar 21 with 4692 viewshype313

I actually think regardless of what Evans wants, Mick has had enough and will go at the end of the season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:21 - Mar 21 with 4650 viewschicoazul

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:03 - Mar 21 by homer_123

My source is that it's a 1+1 deal but remains unsigned....alongside Barts new contract which he isn't going to sign until after the World Cup.

Bart is leaving. Absolutely no doubt about that. Double or triple his money somewhere else espec if he does go to the WC.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:23 - Mar 21 with 4641 viewsSwn98

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:05 - Mar 21 by hype313

I actually think regardless of what Evans wants, Mick has had enough and will go at the end of the season.

If he's got any sense he will go, the Club has declined so far in the last 10 years i struggle to see any way back.
Micks done the best he can with the limited resources available.
Login to get fewer ads

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:30 - Mar 21 with 4609 viewsPilgrimblue

He won't so what's the point of wishing. I'm hoping they do stay together BUT somewhere else far away!
OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:33 - Mar 21 with 4598 viewsKeaneish

Of the 13,000 or so still going, 10,000 - 12,000+ of those are season ticket holders who will attend Portman Road regardless of what's happening at the club. Given the opening home game against Birmingham was 18,000. That's a huge amount of fan base to lose over the course of a season.

I can't see any way he'll be here next season if the numbers plummet like this let alone all the nonsense that's gone on in between time.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:34 - Mar 21 with 4601 viewsitfcjoe

It just isn't likely there is no way come the last home game of the season that Mick will be in charge AND looking likely to be next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:44 - Mar 21 with 4555 viewsBurwell_Blue

Well I can confirm that Teddy has been offered a new one year deal with the option on another 12 months.
OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:51 - Mar 21 with 4518 viewsitfcjoe

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:44 - Mar 21 by Burwell_Blue

Well I can confirm that Teddy has been offered a new one year deal with the option on another 12 months.

Will he be signing it?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:54 - Mar 21 with 4510 viewsBurwell_Blue

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:51 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

Will he be signing it?

This one will be signed!
OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:59 - Mar 21 with 4497 viewsSWGF

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 15:48 - Mar 21 by Steve_M

Mick went a fair way to giving us what we wanted in the first half of this season (an attacking side scoring a good amount of goals at home), he didn't really get any slack with one really poor home performance against QPR.

There's no chance he'll be cut any slack if we're that far down the table next season regardless of how we actually play.

"an attacking side scoring a good amount of goals at home"

11 goals before the end of October including FIVE against Sunderland, in 7 matches...so six in the other six.

It was mentioned everywhere at the time that our strike-rate was both impressive and unsustainable. We weren't creating much but scoring from the scant opportunities we did create. Problem this year is that we're still not creating much but now we're not taking those chances either.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:01 - Mar 21 with 4480 viewsJ2BLUE

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:03 - Mar 21 by homer_123

You need a new source.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:08 - Mar 21 with 4460 viewsSWGF

Not sure I'm after "free flowing football", just football with more intent and intensity, especially at home.

Read the Reading fans' comments on Stam. They were bored out of their skulls with dull football; it was too short and passing for the sake of it.

It's the intent that's missing in both instances even though the football both sets of fans are witnessing is (almost) polar opposite.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:10 - Mar 21 with 4445 viewsitfcjoe

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:54 - Mar 21 by Burwell_Blue

This one will be signed!

Great to hear, hopefully he gets a run of fitness

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:13 - Mar 21 with 4436 viewsSteve_M

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:59 - Mar 21 by SWGF

"an attacking side scoring a good amount of goals at home"

11 goals before the end of October including FIVE against Sunderland, in 7 matches...so six in the other six.

It was mentioned everywhere at the time that our strike-rate was both impressive and unsustainable. We weren't creating much but scoring from the scant opportunities we did create. Problem this year is that we're still not creating much but now we're not taking those chances either.

Partly why I said a fair way towards it, we were certainly creating more in November and December than we have in most recent matches.

We missed four or five good chances against Sunderland too which I do think reflects just how crap they were.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:34 - Mar 21 with 4365 viewsSWGF

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:13 - Mar 21 by Steve_M

Partly why I said a fair way towards it, we were certainly creating more in November and December than we have in most recent matches.

We missed four or five good chances against Sunderland too which I do think reflects just how crap they were.

Apropos of nothing, one thing McCarthy has summarily failed to do in ANY of his full seasons in charge is get better in the second half of the season. We can argue whether it's caused by a lack of signings in January, other teams getting stronger or a small core of players being asked to be at full pelt for a full season.

Splitting the season into two (from start upto 31st December, and then from 1st Jan to the end), our league positions were as such from 2013/14 onwards. It's quite a drop-off.

6th/13th
2nd/11th
6th/12th
14th/20th

(This year it's currently 11th/13th)

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 17:38 - Mar 21 with 4343 viewsBenters2

We live in hope!
OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 18:10 - Mar 21 with 4267 viewsLuke40885

If the football club has even the most minute bit of sense, there is absolutely no way MM will be at PR next season. As a ‘Business’ they simply cant do it. SeasonTickets, Match Day revenue etc will drop like a stone. Even with a large decrease in ST prices (which is just a hope) at this stage more than anything.

Iᴘsᴡɪᴄʜ Tᴏᴡɴ Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Cʟᴜʙ
Poll: Will you be renewing?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 18:20 - Mar 21 with 4213 viewsBenters2

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:33 - Mar 21 by Keaneish

Of the 13,000 or so still going, 10,000 - 12,000+ of those are season ticket holders who will attend Portman Road regardless of what's happening at the club. Given the opening home game against Birmingham was 18,000. That's a huge amount of fan base to lose over the course of a season.

I can't see any way he'll be here next season if the numbers plummet like this let alone all the nonsense that's gone on in between time.

The club gave away 1000 tickets for the first game.
OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 19:12 - Mar 21 with 4116 viewsvapour_trail

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 16:21 - Mar 21 by chicoazul

Bart is leaving. Absolutely no doubt about that. Double or triple his money somewhere else espec if he does go to the WC.

Does being a second reserve goalie in a squad with little to no chance really do that for your earnings?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 4103 viewswkj

OK so lets say that Evans retains Mick on 19:12 - Mar 21 by vapour_trail

Does being a second reserve goalie in a squad with little to no chance really do that for your earnings?

Richard Wright did alright out of Man City

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024