Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maurice Steijn 14:50 - Jan 26 with 11153 viewsJonty

I was attending a conference yesterday and got speaking to a Dutch colleague of mine. He is a staunch supporter of VVV Venlo managed by the above Maurice Steijn. He said that the word on the street over there is that that we are back in for him and that he will be joining us at the end of the season. I was a bit surprised by this but having read MM Friday press conference comments there might be something in it. My colleague rates MS as a very good manager.
Maurice Steijn on 14:53 - Jan 26 with 8760 viewsLesta_Tractor

Just read this...

http://www.football-oranje.com/exclusive-interview-vvv-venlo-manager-maurice-ste

He gained promotion on a small budget, just the sort of manager we'd be after if MM does leave.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Maurice Steijn on 14:57 - Jan 26 with 8687 viewsJ2BLUE

Maurice Steijn on 14:53 - Jan 26 by Lesta_Tractor

Just read this...

http://www.football-oranje.com/exclusive-interview-vvv-venlo-manager-maurice-ste

He gained promotion on a small budget, just the sort of manager we'd be after if MM does leave.

I have no faith that Evans or anyone he consults will have even heard of this guy. If our new manager isn't 55+, British and uninspiring i'll be amazed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maurice Steijn on 15:06 - Jan 26 with 8590 viewsSWGF

Maurice Steijn on 14:57 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

I have no faith that Evans or anyone he consults will have even heard of this guy. If our new manager isn't 55+, British and uninspiring i'll be amazed.

Rules me out, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Maurice Steijn on 15:14 - Jan 26 with 8516 viewsPJH

Maurice Steijn on 15:06 - Jan 26 by SWGF

Rules me out, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Aren't you British?
Maurice Steijn on 15:21 - Jan 26 with 8462 viewsNo9

Maurice Steijn on 14:53 - Jan 26 by Lesta_Tractor

Just read this...

That is a very interesting article.
There may be a business link between ITFC & Dutch football.
A new face with new ideas would be welcome
Maurice Steijn on 15:23 - Jan 26 with 8438 viewstheblueginger

I have followed from a distance over the last year. Are solidly in mind-table with a relatively young team supplemented by a few experienced pros and a couple of loanees to add quality in certain areas in leiu of being able to spend large sums of money. Should be a good fit then.

VVV play a decent brand of football, with inverted wingers, while not quite being the tika-taka total dutch variety (which wouldn't work in the Championship unless you could spend millions). I think the only issue with a manager such as Steijn would be if we do not get off to a good start, the knives coming out quickly and/or resorting to functional football to grind out results.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 15:25]
Maurice Steijn on 15:25 - Jan 26 with 8410 viewsKeaneish

He's doing well in the Eredivisie this season too. I'd enjoy a bit of an unknown quantity here. It'll provide a bit of uncertainty, intrepidation, expectation and excitement around the place again.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Maurice Steijn on 15:26 - Jan 26 with 8404 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just looked at your post history and you don't appear to be a crackpot.

Please tell me this is definite info.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Maurice Steijn on 15:29 - Jan 26 with 8365 viewsJakeITFC

Not that this adds much weight, but I've heard similar from two different people.
Maurice Steijn on 15:32 - Jan 26 with 8330 viewsDanTheMan

Well it'd be interesting at least so kinda hoping this is true.

Anything but Megson.

Or Phil Brown.

Actually this list could get long.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Maurice Steijn on 15:34 - Jan 26 with 8309 viewsSomethingBlue

This would not actually surprise me and Steijn has certainly proved himself in the Erevidisie so far. It would seem the obvious level of move for him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Maurice Steijn on 16:33 - Jan 26 with 8060 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like he has the kind of CV that would interest ME, albeit in a different country. It'd be an interesting appointment and very fitting for us to re-establish our Dutch connection, might buy him some goodwill.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maurice Steijn on 17:00 - Jan 26 with 7962 viewsPilgrimblue

Maurice Steijn on 16:33 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Sounds like he has the kind of CV that would interest ME, albeit in a different country. It'd be an interesting appointment and very fitting for us to re-establish our Dutch connection, might buy him some goodwill.

Hope so because ST sales up, fans optimism up, attendances up, better scouting policy.

Not sure it's going to happen though as doubt ME advisers would recommend him.
Maurice Steijn on 17:02 - Jan 26 with 7949 viewsHerbivore

Maurice Steijn on 17:00 - Jan 26 by Pilgrimblue

Hope so because ST sales up, fans optimism up, attendances up, better scouting policy.

Not sure it's going to happen though as doubt ME advisers would recommend him.

I doubt it'd make any difference to season ticket sales.

Maurice Steijn on 17:02 - Jan 26 with 7948 viewsJonty

Maurice Steijn on 15:26 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

I've just looked at your post history and you don't appear to be a crackpot.

Please tell me this is definite info.

I am not a crackpot. I have been on this site for a while and enjoyed some of the day to day banter. This is 100% honest feedback and it was information from someone I have done business with for a number of years. I was a little apprehensive putting the post on as you can easily be shot down.
Maurice Steijn on 17:05 - Jan 26 with 7912 viewsFather_Jack

Maurice Steijn on 16:33 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

There are only two considerations. Is he a proper bloke and is he a football man.

Less is more.

Maurice Steijn on 17:22 - Jan 26 with 7842 viewsKeaneish

Maurice Steijn on 17:02 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

I doubt it'd make any difference to season ticket sales.

Agreed. I think it'll be tentative from a lot of people until they feel there's been change or progress. Phil posted the other day saying that despite season ticket sales being low, walk-ins have been much higher. Maybe an obvious stat i guess but i imagine it'll follow a similar fashion for a time, unless Gio returns from LA Galaxy!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Maurice Steijn on 17:26 - Jan 26 with 7818 viewsHerbivore

Maurice Steijn on 17:22 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Agreed. I think it'll be tentative from a lot of people until they feel there's been change or progress. Phil posted the other day saying that despite season ticket sales being low, walk-ins have been much higher. Maybe an obvious stat i guess but i imagine it'll follow a similar fashion for a time, unless Gio returns from LA Galaxy!

Over average attendance this season is just over 16.5k which is not bad and is actually the same as it was in Mick's first season here. We've had more walk ins as we've been top half and generally doing well at home, despite a recent wobble. I agree with you that any new manager isn't going to make a difference to ST sales (unless it's Guardiola) but if they do okay we might see overall attendances creeping up.

Maurice Steijn on 18:00 - Jan 26 with 7703 viewstextbackup

And this is the thing, ME won’t know he even exists.

And if, on the off chance he does, the longer we stick with MM for absolutely no reason the chances of a club snapping him up grow.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

on 18:04 - Jan 26 with 7687 views_

Maurice Steijn on 18:11 - Jan 26 with 7669 viewsLord_Lucan

on 18:04 - Jan 26 by _

I know he isn’t top of the pops at the moment but never underestimate Marcus Evans.

I know it ended in disaster but did you see Roy Keane coming?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 18:12 - Jan 26 with 7654 views_

Maurice Steijn on 18:11 - Jan 26 by Lord_Lucan

I know he isn’t top of the pops at the moment but never underestimate Marcus Evans.

I know it ended in disaster but did you see Roy Keane coming?

Maurice Steijn on 18:13 - Jan 26 with 7660 viewsPhilTWTD

Without wanting to burst any bubbles, I don't think there was anything at all in last summer's rumour and would be surprised if there is now.

<iframe src=" https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F width="500" height="723" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

This post has been edited by an administrator
on 18:14 - Jan 26 with 7644 views_

Maurice Steijn on 18:13 - Jan 26 by PhilTWTD

Without wanting to burst any bubbles, I don't think there was anything at all in last summer's rumour and would be surprised if there is now.

<iframe src=" https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F width="500" height="723" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

This post has been edited by an administrator

Maurice Steijn on 18:15 - Jan 26 with 7641 viewsPhilTWTD

He'll know who he is, simply from the likes of me asking about the rumour last summer. From what I recall they were a bit perplexed about where it might have come from.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024