Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today 22:19 - Jan 24 with 6261 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think my cricketing dreams have come true

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:34 - Jan 24 with 6205 viewsjimsymBLUE

See Smithy is still there, been a good bat for many a year. Lets see if you chaps can finally buy the SNEL title this year then!!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:41 - Jan 24 with 6176 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:34 - Jan 24 by jimsymBLUE

See Smithy is still there, been a good bat for many a year. Lets see if you chaps can finally buy the SNEL title this year then!!!

Hah

Brentwood and that lot usually do pretty well. Back to back promotions and suddenly Hornchurch finished top 5 last season which was a good finish

The overseas signing will be crucial as we’ve had some real gooduns over the years.

One of our overseas from a couple of years ago now plays for Australia’s Top county side and was in the big bash 20/20 last year - Nathan McAndrew. I got on well with him.

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:45 - Jan 24 with 6166 viewsbournemouthblue

You must have a pretty reasonable first team then

Is that local Premier League kind of level?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:46 - Jan 24 with 6161 viewsbournemouthblue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:41 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Hah

Brentwood and that lot usually do pretty well. Back to back promotions and suddenly Hornchurch finished top 5 last season which was a good finish

The overseas signing will be crucial as we’ve had some real gooduns over the years.

One of our overseas from a couple of years ago now plays for Australia’s Top county side and was in the big bash 20/20 last year - Nathan McAndrew. I got on well with him.

What's the position on overseas players, I thought the ECB were tightening up on this?

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:51 - Jan 24 with 6153 viewsjimsymBLUE

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:45 - Jan 24 by bournemouthblue

You must have a pretty reasonable first team then

Is that local Premier League kind of level?

Yeah Essex League Prem, get some super players (county/oversea's pro's) mixed with some clubby's. Its probably a still a step below the East Anglian Prem but still one of the leading club leagues standard wise in the country.

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:53 - Jan 24 with 6138 viewsJakeITFC

Always been a snappy dresser, our Monty.
Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:56 - Jan 24 with 6132 viewsjimsymBLUE

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:46 - Jan 24 by bournemouthblue

What's the position on overseas players, I thought the ECB were tightening up on this?

I think there's a written rule against paying players but clubs find a way around it (coaching etc.) Not sure Monty's rocking up for less than £500 a game!! Overseas players must be registered, not sure there's a limit.

SWOON on 23:00 - Jan 24 with 6112 viewsDyland

Get in there Monty!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 23:02 - Jan 24 with 6107 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:46 - Jan 24 by bournemouthblue

We always have a couple of overseas a year who get paid to play I imagine

I think all clubs in the Essex premier league do it

The opening batsman for Hornchurch is high class - Billy. He spent the winter of 2016 playing for one of Australia’s Top club sides and was being paid to play for sure

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 00:25 - Jan 25 with 6018 viewsbournemouthblue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:51 - Jan 24 by jimsymBLUE

Yeah Essex League Prem, get some super players (county/oversea's pro's) mixed with some clubby's. Its probably a still a step below the East Anglian Prem but still one of the leading club leagues standard wise in the country.

It wasn't so long ago that Mildenhall had Tom Westley and Tymal Mills playing for them

It did used to be the case where the teams with best overseas tended to go up.

Are the UK government tightening up on Visas for Overseas players?

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 08:46 - Jan 25 with 5850 viewslocalboy78

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 23:02 - Jan 24 by The_Romford_Blue

We always have a couple of overseas a year who get paid to play I imagine

I think all clubs in the Essex premier league do it

The opening batsman for Hornchurch is high class - Billy. He spent the winter of 2016 playing for one of Australia’s Top club sides and was being paid to play for sure

There was a time that league clubs, particularly the northern leagues, would attract the best players in the world. Imagine being a part time slow left armer, whose drinking ability far outweighed that of his bowling and having to face down Viv at the other end.

Or having to try and work out what Monty's going to bowl at you.

Or Leary Constantine! Read beyond a boundary by CLR James. It's a masterpiece of political and sports writing and he talks about How important playing in Nelson was for him.
Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 08:48 - Jan 25 with 5837 viewsBenters2

Is Hornchurch in Romford?
Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 08:57 - Jan 25 with 5823 viewsMaySixth

I played against him last season when he captained Luton Town Indians.

They were dreadful and came bottom of the league in the end.

Monty is a good lad - can still give it a rip.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 09:04 - Jan 25 with 5804 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 08:48 - Jan 25 by Benters2

Is Hornchurch in Romford?

Romford doesn’t have a CC

Hornchurch is about 10 minutes away from Romford

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 5765 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 22:51 - Jan 24 by jimsymBLUE

EAPL isn't that good, Bury manage to stay up every year and they are an average side.

It's just about who spends the most money on players, Burwell's overseas from a couple of years ago was offered £500 a game to move to another EAPL team.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with the overseas pros this summer.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 09:55 - Jan 25 with 5735 viewshampstead_blue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 08:46 - Jan 25 by localboy78

There was a time that league clubs, particularly the northern leagues, would attract the best players in the world. Imagine being a part time slow left armer, whose drinking ability far outweighed that of his bowling and having to face down Viv at the other end.

Or having to try and work out what Monty's going to bowl at you.

Or Leary Constantine! Read beyond a boundary by CLR James. It's a masterpiece of political and sports writing and he talks about How important playing in Nelson was for him.

My great uncle was such a bowler at Wombwell Main CC. Still coaching in his late 80's before he sadly passed.
His brother, my grandfather was a stocky middle order bat for them also. Hit the ball like a bullet.
Used to play with Geoffrey and Dickie. Knew them both.
Lethal left arm spin. Played Yorkshire 2's.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 5729 viewshampstead_blue

I hope he works with the youngsters.

We had Paul Weekes at Hampstead. Was great.
The overseas not interested unless he got paid!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 10:22 - Jan 25 with 5707 viewslocalboy78

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 09:55 - Jan 25 by hampstead_blue

My great uncle was such a bowler at Wombwell Main CC. Still coaching in his late 80's before he sadly passed.
His brother, my grandfather was a stocky middle order bat for them also. Hit the ball like a bullet.
Used to play with Geoffrey and Dickie. Knew them both.
Lethal left arm spin. Played Yorkshire 2's.

My mum tells a story about a friend of hers who went in to bat on debut for his new club side, with them already four down and wobbling. He then had to face Wes Hall.

I reckon your granddad and great uncle must have had some great stories.
Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 5668 viewshampstead_blue

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 10:22 - Jan 25 by localboy78

My mum tells a story about a friend of hers who went in to bat on debut for his new club side, with them already four down and wobbling. He then had to face Wes Hall.

I reckon your granddad and great uncle must have had some great stories.

Uncle John told some belters. We used to love visiting as he was also a head game keeper. Free venison!

Looking at the OP, does anyone now Paul Aldred? Ex-Derbyshire. He's a few thoughts on bringing in ex-pros into club cricket. Doesn't believe they should be paid as it can detract from the core club.

He also makes awesome bats....I've used them for years.

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 11:21 - Jan 25 with 5624 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 00:25 - Jan 25 by bournemouthblue

It wasn't so long ago that Mildenhall had Tom Westley and Tymal Mills playing for them

Westley was on £350 per game not sure about Mills.

Played against Mills, he is rapid!

They had him at one end and their South African pro bowling at the other end, plus a couple of overseas with English passports, still beat them somehow.

Nasty lot at Mildenhall.

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 5592 viewsBenters2

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 00:25 - Jan 25 by bournemouthblue

What about Elm Park?

Thanks for the reply.
Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 12:23 - Jan 25 with 5527 viewsjimsymBLUE

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 11:21 - Jan 25 by BullardsMagicMullet

Westley was on £350 per game not sure about Mills.

Played against Mills, he is rapid!

They had him at one end and their South African pro bowling at the other end, plus a couple of overseas with English passports, still beat them somehow.

Nasty lot at Mildenhall.

I've played against Mills, think he was just coming back from injury fortunately so wasn't at his quickest, Tino Best was rapid and a psycho but the two scariest bowlers I've had the misfortune to come across was Nantie Hayward and worse still John Maynard (the dentist from Nevis!) Absolute giant of a man who just wanted to kill people, I was about 16 at the time, and he peppered me..everything back of a length and rearing about neck height. Held out to the little seamer at the other end (who must have taken hundreds of wickets that year) and was not that unhappy about it!!
The last paragraph in this link brings back the memories....
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/287173.html

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 13:03 - Jan 25 with 5455 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Monty Panesar signed for my cricket club today on 12:23 - Jan 25 by jimsymBLUE

I've played against Mills, think he was just coming back from injury fortunately so wasn't at his quickest, Tino Best was rapid and a psycho but the two scariest bowlers I've had the misfortune to come across was Nantie Hayward and worse still John Maynard (the dentist from Nevis!) Absolute giant of a man who just wanted to kill people, I was about 16 at the time, and he peppered me..everything back of a length and rearing about neck height. Held out to the little seamer at the other end (who must have taken hundreds of wickets that year) and was not that unhappy about it!!
The last paragraph in this link brings back the memories....
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/287173.html

I remember John the Dentist Maynard from the 90's.

Your right about Tino best being a psycho, he didn't get that many wickets for Mildenhall last season, I heard he constantly abused the opposition but mainly umpires and the EAPL were trying to get him banned.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024