Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ 09:14 - Jan 8 with 6575 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

........for about 20 years which has recently decided to become infected. Spent 2 nights ago pushing some interesting matter, toothpaste like from said growth(should have made a YouTube video !) and now on a ward so they can cut it open and clean it out. Until 10 minutes ago it was going to be a general but mr handsome doctor reckons he can do it on ward with a local........I suppose this is good news BUT I am a woos with this stuff ! Furthermore the ward I am on is like a scene from Bedlam, non stop groaning from 2 beds down, several dementia cases, interdespersed by a screaming lady down the hall........so the back ground ambience to having my leg cut open will be interesting !

Happy New Year Glassers and other Slave fans !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 09:19 - Jan 8 with 4805 viewsTonyj

Ouch, not nice. Had a smaller one myself done the same way recently in the arm pit - anything but a general. Best of luck.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 4784 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 09:19 - Jan 8 by Tonyj

Ouch, not nice. Had a smaller one myself done the same way recently in the arm pit - anything but a general. Best of luck.

Thanks, if only I knew how to post pictures from my camera I could share the joy !

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:12 - Jan 8 with 4701 viewsNo9

There are zits then there are ZITS
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:15 - Jan 8 with 4698 viewshomer_123

Really - thought the NHS had cancelled all these types of treatment?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:16 - Jan 8 with 4697 viewsLord_Lucan

My daughter would kill to get her hands on your cyst.

What hospital are you in?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:18 - Jan 8 with 4688 viewsGuthrum

Bit grim. Hope the treatment goes well and a speedy recovery.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:19 - Jan 8 with 4690 viewsgerard1947

All the best with that I'm sure it will go well. Like wind better out than in.

My wife has had both knees replaced, the first was done under a local, epidural. The disconcerting part she said was the noise and brutal nature of the op. They played music through earphones but she could still hear the hammer and saw!

She had her other knee replaced last year, it was at a private hospital and they only did generals.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:19 - Jan 8 with 4680 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:16 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

Ipswich Saxmundham ward......I have some lovely 'cottage cheese' pictures.

Login to get fewer ads

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 4671 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:15 - Jan 8 by homer_123

Due to the infection it can't wait.......the previous 20 years though, it waited !

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 4672 viewsLord_Lucan

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:19 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ipswich Saxmundham ward......I have some lovely 'cottage cheese' pictures.

If you spot a mad women akin to Nurse Ratched walking towards you it's daughter Lucan.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:23 - Jan 8 with 4667 viewsBlueBadger

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:15 - Jan 8 by homer_123

An infected ulcer becomes a emergency procedure, rather than an elective one. Best to get it debrided, cleaned and a course bleach-strength antibiotics rather than risk the very serious consequences of systemic sepsis rather than a localised infection.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 10:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:25 - Jan 8 with 4659 viewsBlueBadger

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:16 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

My first job after qualifying was the regional burns centre. Loads of manky wounds and scabs to pick there!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:28 - Jan 8 with 4647 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:21 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

If you spot a mad women akin to Nurse Ratched walking towards you it's daughter Lucan.

I'll look out, as I said it's like Bedlam in here so she will fit right in.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:30 - Jan 8 with 4645 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:19 - Jan 8 by gerard1947

My wife has had both knees replaced, the first was done under a local, epidural. The disconcerting part she said was the noise and brutal nature of the op. They played music through earphones but she could still hear the hammer and saw!

She had her other knee replaced last year, it was at a private hospital and they only did generals.

Bl00dy hell she's braver than me. I will think of her shortly if I start to feel sorry for myself.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:32 - Jan 8 with 4640 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:23 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

An infected ulcer becomes a emergency procedure, rather than an elective one. Best to get it debrided, cleaned and a course bleach-strength antibiotics rather than risk the very serious consequences of systemic sepsis rather than a localised infection.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 10:23]

Thanks doc.......all knowledge is good...........I guess ! Bleach....

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:33 - Jan 8 with 4641 viewshomer_123

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:21 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Due to the infection it can't wait.......the previous 20 years though, it waited !

Well, hope you are OK bud.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:34 - Jan 8 with 4634 viewsGuthrum

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:30 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bl00dy hell she's braver than me. I will think of her shortly if I start to feel sorry for myself.

I had a hernia done on a local. Mildly miffed they put a curtain up and wouldn't allow me to watch.

Apparently people don't always react well to seeing themselves cut open, they said.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:37 - Jan 8 with 4624 viewsgerard1947

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:30 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Her ops have completely changed her life, no more pain and normal mobility.

Feel free to feel a bit apprehensive, I'm sure I would too! You'll be out and about in no time.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:40 - Jan 8 with 4623 viewsLord_Lucan

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:25 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

My first job after qualifying was the regional burns centre. Loads of manky wounds and scabs to pick there!

This was my leg out of plaster after I broke my foot - after a good bit of picking.

Most satisfying.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:45 - Jan 8 with 4605 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sounds lovely. Good luck slavers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:51 - Jan 8 with 4594 viewsfactual_blue

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:19 - Jan 8 by gerard1947

You wife is a general?

I'm impressed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 4484 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:34 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

I had a hernia done on a local. Mildly miffed they put a curtain up and wouldn't allow me to watch.

Apparently people don't always react well to seeing themselves cut open, they said.

I'm definitely a curtain person.
It is now all cleaned out and 'packed' and I have to have 24hrs of antibiotic drip.
Was supposed to be properly back to work this week but been advised not to, for at least a week, due to cleanliness.......? A mixed blessing when self employed.

Anyway you can all stop worrying about me now.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:36 - Jan 8 with 4471 viewsBlueBadger

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:40 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

This was my leg out of plaster after I broke my foot - after a good bit of picking.

Most satisfying.

COR!

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:38 - Jan 8 with 4466 viewsSteve_M

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:33 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

It is now all cleaned out and 'packed' and I have to have 24hrs of antibiotic drip.
Was supposed to be properly back to work this week but been advised not to, for at least a week, due to cleanliness.......? A mixed blessing when self employed.

Good, although it'll probably sting just a little when the anaesthetic wears off.

Hope you have a good book for the convalescence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:39 - Jan 8 with 4462 viewsRyorry

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:33 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Wish you better Bankster!

Worst similar situation for me was an abcess under thumbnail, which had to be removed. The ringblock local was excruciating, they didn't put a screen round! & when the nail came off it was like Vesuvius erupting - straight up ..!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024