Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ 09:14 - Jan 8 with 6594 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

........for about 20 years which has recently decided to become infected. Spent 2 nights ago pushing some interesting matter, toothpaste like from said growth(should have made a YouTube video !) and now on a ward so they can cut it open and clean it out. Until 10 minutes ago it was going to be a general but mr handsome doctor reckons he can do it on ward with a local........I suppose this is good news BUT I am a woos with this stuff ! Furthermore the ward I am on is like a scene from Bedlam, non stop groaning from 2 beds down, several dementia cases, interdespersed by a screaming lady down the hall........so the back ground ambience to having my leg cut open will be interesting !

Happy New Year Glassers and other Slave fans !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:43 - Jan 8 with 1744 viewsBluebell

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:40 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

This was my leg out of plaster after I broke my foot - after a good bit of picking.

Most satisfying.

I don't think I will bother with lunch now.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 14:55 - Jan 8 with 1719 viewsGeoffSentence

The first 12 years of your cyst would have been during a labour government, you should have got it sorted out then when the NHS still dealt with this sort of thing. I had a cyst on my back which got sorted out at the minor surgery clinic in Ipswich, in and out in about an hour. Got be more cost effective than waiting for it to get infected and go into hospital to get it dealt with.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 15:12 - Jan 8 with 1712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 14:55 - Jan 8 by GeoffSentence

The first 12 years of your cyst would have been during a labour government, you should have got it sorted out then when the NHS still dealt with this sort of thing. I had a cyst on my back which got sorted out at the minor surgery clinic in Ipswich, in and out in about an hour. Got be more cost effective than waiting for it to get infected and go into hospital to get it dealt with.

I'm fairly sure my GP was aware during the Blair/Brown era, maybe I just wasn't considered worthy......the line has always been, no discomfort, no psychological impact, it will be fine ! Do they always get infected in the end ?

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 16:03 - Jan 8 with 1678 viewsArcher4721

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 10:40 - Jan 8 by Lord_Lucan

This was my leg out of plaster after I broke my foot - after a good bit of picking.

Most satisfying.

Ellesse Trainers?

How embarrassing.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 16:04 - Jan 8 with 1677 viewsLord_Lucan

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 12:43 - Jan 8 by Bluebell

I don't think I will bother with lunch now.

Admit it Bluebell.

You would love to get your claws into that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 16:16 - Jan 8 with 1664 viewsBluebell

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 16:03 - Jan 8 by Archer4721

Ellesse Trainers?

How embarrassing.

Perhaps more embarrassing that you recognise them.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 16:25 - Jan 8 with 1649 viewsLord_Lucan

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 16:03 - Jan 8 by Archer4721

Ellesse Trainers?

How embarrassing.

Nothing wrong with Ellesse Facey.

You should know that big boy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 20:12 - Jan 8 with 1591 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well the plot thickens. I have been awaiting an antibiotic drip since 1 o'clock and they have just admitted there is none in the whole trust so they have been looking for an alternative. Hopefully they cleaned it out well. Bl00dy austerity, it's the tories getting their revenge..........Glassers !

Login to get fewer ads

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 22:13 - Jan 8 with 1554 viewsstainless

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 20:12 - Jan 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well the plot thickens. I have been awaiting an antibiotic drip since 1 o'clock and they have just admitted there is none in the whole trust so they have been looking for an alternative. Hopefully they cleaned it out well. Bl00dy austerity, it's the tories getting their revenge..........Glassers !

A few years ago i had a kidney op and had to go back 4 weeks later to have a stent removed. It basically meant putting a claw with a camera on the end up my old boy, through my bladder and up to my kidney to grab this stent and pull it back out.
After 3 hours of searching they couldn't find an anaesthetist, so decided to just do it without one. Not something i would like to repeat.
I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 06:58 - Jan 9 with 1508 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 22:13 - Jan 8 by stainless

A few years ago i had a kidney op and had to go back 4 weeks later to have a stent removed. It basically meant putting a claw with a camera on the end up my old boy, through my bladder and up to my kidney to grab this stent and pull it back out.
After 3 hours of searching they couldn't find an anaesthetist, so decided to just do it without one. Not something i would like to repeat.

Now that is grim.....

Was told by a nurse that they recently had trouble accessing dressings.......who would have thought shipping this stuff from China could cause such issues. Another example of globalisation not working for individuals.

The usual comments about the amazing staff still apply though.

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 09:26 - Jan 9 with 1493 viewsLord_Lucan

I have had a huge 5 inch diameter cyst at the top of my leg........ on 06:58 - Jan 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Now that is grim.....

Was told by a nurse that they recently had trouble accessing dressings.......who would have thought shipping this stuff from China could cause such issues. Another example of globalisation not working for individuals.

The usual comments about the amazing staff still apply though.

My Nan must have died about 15 years ago and even then they never had one of those things to stop her rolling out of bed - while she was still alive that is.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 9:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024