Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will it take for mick to go? 21:07 - Oct 24 with 6413 viewsbendurrant78

Seriously what will it take, thoughts please....
What will it take for mick to go? on 21:14 - Oct 24 with 5437 viewsjas0999

Evans will probably give him an extension. That’s the sorry mess we are in.
What will it take for mick to go? on 22:41 - Oct 24 with 5354 viewsstrikalite

An empty ground? Gates down to 4-5k might MIGHT make him walk or force Evans's hand, but it won't happen, supporters have paid up now and after a week or two things will settle, we'll win a game and so it'll continue...
What will it take for mick to go? on 23:12 - Oct 24 with 5320 viewsCurrie10

On the basis Keane was bottom after 13 or 14 games, and the state Jewell got us into 12/13, a lot.

Now I'm not happy with things right now, don't get me wrong.

However, given our budget, and the fact we're top half in the league, we're absolutely no where near Mick out. Realistically, we shouldn't be either.
What will it take for mick to go? on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 5235 viewsColchesterBlue1985

For us to ask him to stay (on the basis he said whatever the fans sing he will do the opposite, or words to that effect)
What will it take for mick to go? on 10:40 - Oct 25 with 5227 viewscaught-in-limbo

The expiry of his contract at the end of the season.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

What will it take for mick to go? on 10:42 - Oct 25 with 5218 viewsNo9

As long as those who pay his wages are happy, why should he go?
What will it take for mick to go? on 10:51 - Oct 25 with 5196 viewsRIPbobby

I think he would have to engage in a fist fight with the owner twice.
What will it take for mick to go? on 10:53 - Oct 25 with 5194 viewsitfcjoe

Don't think his contract will be renewed, but think if we were dropping towards bottom of league then he'd go - but this run would need to continue for another 5, 6 or 7 games for him to really be in trouble

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

If he's got as much sense as he says he has..... on 10:58 - Oct 25 with 5180 viewsBloots

....then he'll leave at the end of the season and go somewhere that the owner is prepared to back him.

He's probably got at least one more decent profile job in him.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

What will it take for mick to go? on 11:52 - Oct 25 with 5090 viewstextbackup

What will it take for mick to go? on 10:53 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Don't think his contract will be renewed, but think if we were dropping towards bottom of league then he'd go - but this run would need to continue for another 5, 6 or 7 games for him to really be in trouble

But we all know that at that point it'll be said 'the only person that can keep us in the league is Mick, he'll do enough'

And we have this all over again. He gets us in a crap position, he gets the gets us out of it

Said it about 60000 times, but we need to get rid now, we need to have a committee of footballing men put together (headed up by Klug) to pick a new younger manager, who will work closely with what he is aiming for with the kids, we then give that guy a proper bit of time to work with his players and (again) write the rest of this season off.

People are just scared of the change.

(BUT I'll tell you how this goes - MM stays until the end of the season, nobody acts to replace him until the end of June, new guy gets fck all time with players, we start poorly as he doesn't know his best side etc etc)

That last bit is why I believe Norwich are currently a better club then us, they don't want to stand still, we have no drive or determination

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If he's got as much sense as he says he has..... on 12:00 - Oct 25 with 5063 viewsClausThomsen

If he's got as much sense as he says he has..... on 10:58 - Oct 25 by Bloots

....then he'll leave at the end of the season and go somewhere that the owner is prepared to back him.

He's probably got at least one more decent profile job in him.

We're taking what he says at face value again now are we?

Just checking.

So when he says he has the best squad he's had since he's been here, can we take that at face value as well?
What will it take for mick to go? on 12:01 - Oct 25 with 5060 viewsRIPbobby

What will it take for mick to go? on 11:52 - Oct 25 by textbackup

But we all know that at that point it'll be said 'the only person that can keep us in the league is Mick, he'll do enough'

And we have this all over again. He gets us in a crap position, he gets the gets us out of it

Said it about 60000 times, but we need to get rid now, we need to have a committee of footballing men put together (headed up by Klug) to pick a new younger manager, who will work closely with what he is aiming for with the kids, we then give that guy a proper bit of time to work with his players and (again) write the rest of this season off.

(BUT I'll tell you how this goes - MM stays until the end of the season, nobody acts to replace him until the end of June, new guy gets fck all time with players, we start poorly as he doesn't know his best side etc etc)

That last bit is why I believe Norwich are currently a better club then us, they don't want to stand still, we have no drive or determination

txtbackup is talking complete sense. We need to insert a young, vibrant manager with a 10 year contract to re-write everything within the club. He needs to come in and say "Judge me on where the current 13 year old side is in 10 years time as to if I have been a success or not".

Even if we have to be relegated then so be it. We need to change. Mediocrity is prevalent at Portman Road. Sad times getting worse.

Or does the owner want us to stagnate? Mick probably does not want us to go up... a bit like Burley's team never really wanted to go up. When we were just missing out on promotion in the playoff era, he was at his strongest. Once we went up, his hand weakened.
What will it take for mick to go? on 12:03 - Oct 25 with 5047 viewshype313

What will it take for mick to go? on 10:53 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

But if we finish 6th, does he deserve another contract?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:07 - Oct 25 with 5041 viewstextbackup

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:03 - Oct 25 by hype313

If we finish 6th give him a new contract and I'll personally deliver it with the offer of a blow job, daily!

I think the clue was in..... on 12:10 - Oct 25 with 5029 viewsBloots

If he's got as much sense as he says he has..... on 12:00 - Oct 25 by ClausThomsen

We're taking what he says at face value again now are we?

Just checking.

So when he says he has the best squad he's had since he's been here, can we take that at face value as well?

....the first word of my post.

"If"

You're really struggling to accept there are any issues at our club other than the manager aren't you?

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:10 - Oct 25 with 5028 viewshype313

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:07 - Oct 25 by textbackup

If we finish 6th give him a new contract and I'll personally deliver it with the offer of a blow job, daily!

Wow, he asked if he could have that in writing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:11 - Oct 25 with 5027 viewstextbackup

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:10 - Oct 25 by hype313

Wow, he asked if he could have that in writing.

I'll write it in blood!

Write it in jizz. (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 25 with 5024 viewsBloots

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:11 - Oct 25 by textbackup

I'll write it in blood!

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:15 - Oct 25 with 5009 views26_Paz

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:03 - Oct 25 by hype313

yes but we wont!!

The Paz Man

Write it in jizz. (n/t) on 12:17 - Oct 25 with 5004 viewstextbackup

Write it in jizz. (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 25 by Bloots

Wouldn't have the skills to manage that, or the 'load'

I could try and write it in dust. (n/t) on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 4909 viewsBloots

Write it in jizz. (n/t) on 12:17 - Oct 25 by textbackup

Wouldn't have the skills to manage that, or the 'load'

I could try and write it in dust. (n/t) on 12:40 - Oct 25 with 4907 viewstextbackup

I could try and write it in dust. (n/t) on 12:38 - Oct 25 by Bloots

Collected from the 16000 empty seats at PR. Could write it pretty big if that's the case

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:57 - Oct 25 with 4845 viewsWickets

So you can be sensible.
What will it take for mick to go? on 12:58 - Oct 25 with 4839 viewsSpruceMoose

I've really been warming to you this past week! Please forgive all my past transgressions!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What will it take for mick to go? on 12:58 - Oct 25 with 4838 viewsbraveblue

34 games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024