Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11:48 - Sep 7 with 66440 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:54 - Sep 7 with 16327 viewsDarth_Koont

I imagine he gets his chimney swept out by street urchins.

Take that as a euphemism if you want. If we're all allowed to be judgy now, there's a definite Viz's Victorian Dad vibe about him.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:54 - Sep 7 with 16310 viewsGlasgowBlue

JRM isn't a serious contender for high office. The whole Moggmentum is a bit of a joke.

As for his views? Whether you agree or disagree with them surely you can't criticise him for standing my his principles and answering a question directly, which is in sharp contrast to the way Tim Farron handled himself when asked to clarify his position during on abortion and gay marriage during the election campaign.

I would also add that he wouldn't be getting the same stick if he were a follower of another type of religion which holds the same views.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:55 - Sep 7 with 16336 viewsSuperfrans

I've read so much garbage online over the last 24 hours about the reaction - suggesting that lefties are moaning who wouldn't moan if he was a muslim. What a crock.

The man is putting himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party, a potential PM. Any Muslim (or anyone of another faith) would be treated the same way in the same circumstances.

Of course his views are going to come under scrutiny - especially if he's saying that a rape victim who finds herself pregnant as a result shouldn't be allowed to have the foetus aborted. Saying he is a repugnant throwback for holding such views isn't challenging his free speech, its voicing an opinion on someone with such a lack of human decency.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:56 - Sep 7 with 16320 viewshype313

Completely out of touch with modern Britain, for balance, would be nice to hear Sadiq Khan's views on FGM.

Having said all that, does it really matter what their personal views are? Blair had strong faith, and probably some views we all would find unpalatable, but it shouldn't get in the way of the job in hand.

An old boss of mine was a Jehovah's witness, he was brilliant at his job, but one day he asked me some bizarre questions about life in general according to his faith, I just humored him, as much as i didn't agree with them, it didn't make me respect him any less.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:56 - Sep 7 with 16320 viewsStenvict

Refreshing to hear a politician telling the truth for once and not saying what the general public want to hear.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 16304 viewsStokieBlue

Totally agree.

I'm no fan of the current Labour leadership as probably everyone knows but he's made himself totally unelectable if he becomes leader - I couldn't vote for him if those views are imposed as policy. It is worth noting that not all leaders views become policy though.

It's fine (and sometimes amusing) being a 19th century MP when you have no real power but if you get into power you can't have those idiotic views driven by superstitious nonsense. You certainly can't quote Thomas More from the 16th Century as support for your view.

To be fair he has said his views wouldn't be the law of the land. He did actually answer questions as well which is quite unusual.

SB
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 11:59]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:59 - Sep 7 with 16273 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:55 - Sep 7 by Superfrans

I've read so much garbage online over the last 24 hours about the reaction - suggesting that lefties are moaning who wouldn't moan if he was a muslim. What a crock.

The man is putting himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party, a potential PM. Any Muslim (or anyone of another faith) would be treated the same way in the same circumstances.

Of course his views are going to come under scrutiny - especially if he's saying that a rape victim who finds herself pregnant as a result shouldn't be allowed to have the foetus aborted. Saying he is a repugnant throwback for holding such views isn't challenging his free speech, its voicing an opinion on someone with such a lack of human decency.

Superfrans: "The man is putting himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party, a potential PM".

JRM: Let me be absolutely clear: I’m not a candidate, there is not a vacancy, I fully support Theresa May and want her to continue. And I’m a backbench MP. In the whole history of the Prime Ministership, the party in office has never felt so desperate that it has dragged somebody from the obscurity of the backbenches to thrust them into the highest office. So the answer to your question is that it is simply not something that is going to happen.”

Can you link any quote from JRM where he is "putting himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party"?

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:00 - Sep 7 with 16290 viewsSuperfrans

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:58 - Sep 7 by StokieBlue

Totally agree.

I'm no fan of the current Labour leadership as probably everyone knows but he's made himself totally unelectable if he becomes leader - I couldn't vote for him if those views are imposed as policy. It is worth noting that not all leaders views become policy though.

It's fine (and sometimes amusing) being a 19th century MP when you have no real power but if you get into power you can't have those idiotic views driven by superstitious nonsense. You certainly can't quote Thomas More from the 16th Century as support for your view.

To be fair he has said his views wouldn't be the law of the land. He did actually answer questions as well which is quite unusual.

SB
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 11:59]

A rare occasion when we agree SB...

I take your point that his views on abortion and same sex marriage won't become policy. But, as PM, his opinion will be important in the evolution of many other laws and national policies. To argue (as he seems to) that his opinion is irrelevant in the sphere of policy-making is nuts.

Login to get fewer ads

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:01 - Sep 7 with 16267 viewsNo9

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:56 - Sep 7 by Stenvict

Refreshing to hear a politician telling the truth for once and not saying what the general public want to hear.

Even if he is representative of a political view that wishes to take us back to previous centuries?
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:02 - Sep 7 with 16253 viewsStokieBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:59 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

Superfrans: "The man is putting himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party, a potential PM".

JRM: Let me be absolutely clear: I’m not a candidate, there is not a vacancy, I fully support Theresa May and want her to continue. And I’m a backbench MP. In the whole history of the Prime Ministership, the party in office has never felt so desperate that it has dragged somebody from the obscurity of the backbenches to thrust them into the highest office. So the answer to your question is that it is simply not something that is going to happen.”

Can you link any quote from JRM where he is "putting himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party"?

To be fair GB, nothing is certain in politics anymore. Nobody thought JC would be leader or perform well in the election.

I wouldn't be surprised to see JRM in a ministerial position at some point fairly soon and we know what the endgame of that type of move would be. Can you name another non-ministerial MP who is on TV/Radio/Papers so much?

SB

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:03 - Sep 7 with 16257 viewsSuperfrans

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:56 - Sep 7 by hype313

Completely out of touch with modern Britain, for balance, would be nice to hear Sadiq Khan's views on FGM.

Having said all that, does it really matter what their personal views are? Blair had strong faith, and probably some views we all would find unpalatable, but it shouldn't get in the way of the job in hand.

An old boss of mine was a Jehovah's witness, he was brilliant at his job, but one day he asked me some bizarre questions about life in general according to his faith, I just humored him, as much as i didn't agree with them, it didn't make me respect him any less.

You see, I would have a problem with Jehovah's Witness being my boss, as it might well influence his decisions on the development, recruitment and promotion of women - not to mention those of an LGBT persuasion.

I say this as someone who has a JW sibling.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 12:29]

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:05 - Sep 7 with 16219 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:02 - Sep 7 by StokieBlue

To be fair GB, nothing is certain in politics anymore. Nobody thought JC would be leader or perform well in the election.

I wouldn't be surprised to see JRM in a ministerial position at some point fairly soon and we know what the endgame of that type of move would be. Can you name another non-ministerial MP who is on TV/Radio/Papers so much?

SB

Nothing is certain. But SF stated that JRM had put himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party which he blatantly hasn't done.

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:06 - Sep 7 with 16229 viewsblue_oyster

A good instance of how to be an open and honest politician, and not get bullied by Piers Morgan on TV. If only more MPs could follow this example.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:06 - Sep 7 with 16221 viewshomer_123

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:01 - Sep 7 by No9

Even if he is representative of a political view that wishes to take us back to previous centuries?

Well, oddly yes, if those are his views, I'd rather know in advance....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:07 - Sep 7 with 16202 viewsStokieBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:05 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

Nothing is certain. But SF stated that JRM had put himself forward as a leader of the Conservative Party which he blatantly hasn't done.

Agreed.

There is maneuvering though, I certainly can't think of another non-ministerial MP with such a large media exposure.

You don't think he will get a ministerial position at some point fairly soon then?

SB

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:07 - Sep 7 with 16198 viewsNo9

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:56 - Sep 7 by hype313

Aren't the views of SK well aired ?
http://jennettearnold.com/2017/01/eradicating-female-genital-mutilation-in-londo
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:09 - Sep 7 with 16192 viewstcblue

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 11:54 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

JRM isn't a serious contender for high office. The whole Moggmentum is a bit of a joke.

As for his views? Whether you agree or disagree with them surely you can't criticise him for standing my his principles and answering a question directly, which is in sharp contrast to the way Tim Farron handled himself when asked to clarify his position during on abortion and gay marriage during the election campaign.

I would also add that he wouldn't be getting the same stick if he were a follower of another type of religion which holds the same views.

Right, let's get stuck in:

Standing by his views: yes, I will criticise him for this as they are utterly reprehensible and not befitting of a politician, but we already knew this from his voting record.

Answering a question directly: meh.

Not getting the same stick if he was a different religion: utter codswallop, had it been Sadiq Khan then he would be under WAY more scrutiny - not just from the political right in this country, Trump and co over there haven't exactly been shy in jumping on him just for being a Muslim, regardless of knowing his views!
on 12:10 - Sep 7 with 16160 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:14 - Sep 7 with 16128 viewsArcher4721

No MP has ever said in public they're looking to oust a PM for themselves to take over.But behind the scenes they're always plotting..... Look at Buffoon Boris for your example.
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:17 - Sep 7 with 16098 viewsNo9

So when you proposed Mr Gove would become the next leader of the conservagive party do you think he would have rejected it if it were offered?
on 12:42 - Sep 7 with 16012 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:06 - Sep 7 by blue_oyster

A good instance of how to be an open and honest politician, and not get bullied by Piers Morgan on TV. If only more MPs could follow this example.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:46 - Sep 7 with 15989 viewsimsureazzure

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:03 - Sep 7 by Superfrans

You see, I would have a problem with Jehovah's Witness being my boss, as it might well influence his decisions on the development, recruitment and promotion of women - not to mention those of an LGBT persuasion.

I say this as someone who has a JW sibling.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 12:29]

I wonder how Blair's decisions were swayed by his religion that allows absolvement of any sin if declared?

Religions should be mocked not pandered to, 21st century education and government actively encouraging seperation and belief in controling fairy story lies, strange.
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:58 - Sep 7 with 15916 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:07 - Sep 7 by StokieBlue

Agreed.

There is maneuvering though, I certainly can't think of another non-ministerial MP with such a large media exposure.

You don't think he will get a ministerial position at some point fairly soon then?

SB

I'd be amazed if he got a ministerial position. Then again I was amazed that Corbyn became Labour leader.

Iron Lion Zion

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 13:02 - Sep 7 with 15873 viewsSuperfrans

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 12:46 - Sep 7 by imsureazzure

I wonder how Blair's decisions were swayed by his religion that allows absolvement of any sin if declared?

Religions should be mocked not pandered to, 21st century education and government actively encouraging seperation and belief in controling fairy story lies, strange.

That's true. Although his religion is arguably irrelevant - it kind of depends whether you select your beliefs based on your religion, or you adopt a religion because it corresponds with your beliefs.

Personally, I'm not particularly religious, but I have no problem with those who are - I respect their right to hold opinions different to mine, as long as they respect my right to disagree with them.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 13:17 - Sep 7 with 15795 viewsflimflam

I watched it and thought the presenters were the ones who made tits of themselves.

He has his beliefs and is prepared to stand by them whether others agree with him or not.
Would they have pressed so hard against the Major of London? Probably not but the fact we can have different cultures with different beliefs and values living side by side in this country should be celebrated and not ridiculed.
Just because you have different views to someone does not give you the right to bully someone for theirs.

Good for him for standing by his own personal views which in this day and age for a politician is quite refreshing whether you agree or not.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024