Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11:48 - Sep 7 with 66631 views_

on 16:44 - Sep 7 with 3092 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:43 - Sep 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

You said I was point scoring or, in other words, it's OK

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:45 - Sep 7 with 3088 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 16:40 - Sep 7 by _

Unless Vic is short for Vicar and he is refusing to marry gay couples then I don't see that he is in a position to discriminate. He has a belief. That belief isn't affecting anyone if he isn't pushing that belief onto other people .

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:46 - Sep 7 with 3081 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 16:44 - Sep 7 by _

You really can't take what you dish out can you?

I advise you read up a bit on JC's legacy in Islington
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:48 - Sep 7 with 3072 viewsblue_oyster

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:46 - Sep 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

It's fascinating to watch. Mr Libero is only open to his own ideas. Anything other suggestions or questions are met with rage. The online pub bore.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

on 16:48 - Sep 7 with 3070 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:45 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

Unless Vic is short for Vicar and he is refusing to marry gay couples then I don't see that he is in a position to discriminate. He has a belief. That belief isn't affecting anyone if he isn't pushing that belief onto other people .

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:50 - Sep 7 with 3066 viewschicoazul

on 16:34 - Sep 7 by _

Before the law that is correct. But why does that mean everyone should be able to marry anyone? Note I say marry not love, live with, etc. Why shouldn't we be sensitive to people's religious beliefs?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 16:50 - Sep 7 with 3062 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:46 - Sep 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

on 16:51 - Sep 7 with 3056 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:48 - Sep 7 by blue_oyster

It's fascinating to watch. Mr Libero is only open to his own ideas. Anything other suggestions or questions are met with rage. The online pub bore.

Login to get fewer ads

on 16:54 - Sep 7 with 3045 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:50 - Sep 7 by chicoazul

Before the law that is correct. But why does that mean everyone should be able to marry anyone? Note I say marry not love, live with, etc. Why shouldn't we be sensitive to people's religious beliefs?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:57 - Sep 7 with 3025 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 16:50 - Sep 7 by _

I just wondered if you would criticize someone from the Labour camp for something that if frankly far worse than the OP discussion. You've proved my point that you won't do that which is no surprise to be honest.

Personally I think Rees-Mogg, Naz Shah and JC are all awful people, not necessarily in that order.
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:57 - Sep 7 with 3027 viewsblue_oyster

on 16:54 - Sep 7 by _

Should Oxford University be open to stupid people? Or are you a Discriminator*?

*bad person

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:01 - Sep 7 with 3005 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 16:48 - Sep 7 by _

I think homophobic is too strong a word tbh because I don't believe there is an intent to hate or harm. I appreciate that those two words don't define homophobia but that is the way I look at it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:02 - Sep 7 with 2994 viewsArcher4721

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:57 - Sep 7 by blue_oyster

*bad person

Well Boris Johnson and Cameron went to Oxford so that answers your question.
Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:04 - Sep 7 with 2985 viewschicoazul

on 16:54 - Sep 7 by _

It's not for you or for anyone outside of their religion to dictate how someone ought to practice their religion. And it's impossible to prove a negative so your original question is flawed.
Marriage has for many many years in this and other countries traditionally been between a man and a woman. Nobody is saying gay people can't love who they want as that is ridiculous but I don't hear a convincing argument about why people *should* be able to marry someone of the same sex given marriages history and the fact that a lot of people of as you rightly say all faiths may be very put out by it. And it's not good enough to take the position of "well if you can't see it you're an idiot" that some people like to posture with.
Plurality of faith is probably a good thing in the modern age. One faith is bad and two faiths is worse. That does not mean that we ought to compromise the views of a great many people. Gay people ought to have the exact same rights in relationships as married people do in the case of the death of their partner for instance and until recently that wasn't the case. That is not necessarily the same thing as marriage.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 17:06 - Sep 7 with 2967 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:57 - Sep 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

I just wondered if you would criticize someone from the Labour camp for something that if frankly far worse than the OP discussion. You've proved my point that you won't do that which is no surprise to be honest.

Personally I think Rees-Mogg, Naz Shah and JC are all awful people, not necessarily in that order.

on 17:07 - Sep 7 with 2959 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 16:57 - Sep 7 by blue_oyster

*bad person

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:09 - Sep 7 with 2948 viewsblue_oyster

on 17:07 - Sep 7 by _

Going to dodge that one, are we? Should dentists be allowed to build houses instead of builders, or are you going to DISCRIMINATE against them?

on 17:10 - Sep 7 with 2937 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:09 - Sep 7 by blue_oyster

Going to dodge that one, are we? Should dentists be allowed to build houses instead of builders, or are you going to DISCRIMINATE against them?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:11 - Sep 7 with 2933 viewsblue_oyster

on 17:10 - Sep 7 by _

Haha. I'll leave you to ponder your discrimination theory.

on 17:13 - Sep 7 with 2926 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:11 - Sep 7 by blue_oyster

Haha. I'll leave you to ponder your discrimination theory.

on 17:17 - Sep 7 with 2913 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:04 - Sep 7 by chicoazul

It's not for you or for anyone outside of their religion to dictate how someone ought to practice their religion. And it's impossible to prove a negative so your original question is flawed.
Marriage has for many many years in this and other countries traditionally been between a man and a woman. Nobody is saying gay people can't love who they want as that is ridiculous but I don't hear a convincing argument about why people *should* be able to marry someone of the same sex given marriages history and the fact that a lot of people of as you rightly say all faiths may be very put out by it. And it's not good enough to take the position of "well if you can't see it you're an idiot" that some people like to posture with.
Plurality of faith is probably a good thing in the modern age. One faith is bad and two faiths is worse. That does not mean that we ought to compromise the views of a great many people. Gay people ought to have the exact same rights in relationships as married people do in the case of the death of their partner for instance and until recently that wasn't the case. That is not necessarily the same thing as marriage.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:25 - Sep 7 with 2905 viewsvapour_trail

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:04 - Sep 7 by chicoazul

Are you limiting marriage to religious ceremonies then?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

on 17:37 - Sep 7 with 2875 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:25 - Sep 7 by vapour_trail

Are you limiting marriage to religious ceremonies then?

on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 2863 views_

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:01 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

I think homophobic is too strong a word tbh because I don't believe there is an intent to hate or harm. I appreciate that those two words don't define homophobia but that is the way I look at it.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has made a tit of himself... on 17:50 - Sep 7 with 2857 viewscrunchie1978

They are HIS views which I'm sure he keeps separate from his politics...and he doesn't strike me as a person who would impose his religious beilve on people who do not share his views......which by the way I think are absoulety f#@king ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024