Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Hmmmm 09:16 - Sep 8 with 3969 viewsSteve_M

Looks like how good a day I have is dependent on whether that rain between 12 and 2 is heavy or not. It's brightening up a bit now outside at least.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpvj0v07

Will be a shame not to get any or much play as the match is nicely poised.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 10:26]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Hmmmm on 09:18 - Sep 8 with 3964 viewssoupytwist

I'm going tomorrow, looks like we'll do well to get half a day's play tomorrow.
Cricket: Hmmmm on 09:44 - Sep 8 with 3931 viewsfactual_blue

I'm not sure Lords allow you take any sort of hoe into the ground.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:27 - Sep 8 with 3897 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Hmmmm on 09:18 - Sep 8 by soupytwist

I'm going tomorrow, looks like we'll do well to get half a day's play tomorrow.

Well, half a day today would be good going. Looks bright enough at the moment though, humid walking across mind - the ball could be swinging everywhere.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:31 - Sep 8 with 3888 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:27 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

Well, half a day today would be good going. Looks bright enough at the moment though, humid walking across mind - the ball could be swinging everywhere.

And it's raining again. FFS.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:44 - Sep 8 with 3878 viewsTLA

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:31 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

I'll be gutted for you if there's not much play today.

Yesterday was strange - it felt so cold and dark to be watching test cricket. The last couple of hours was pure day/night stuff, but with a red ball doing all sorts.

I'm glad the game advanced so quickly so that a result is likely, even if a day and a half is lost. I obviously hope that's not the case for people with tickets - I had a bad day to have a ticket for the Oval test and was gutted!
Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:52 - Sep 8 with 3861 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:31 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

How much would have to be played to stop you getting your money back?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:56 - Sep 8 with 3849 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:52 - Sep 8 by The_Romford_Blue

How much would have to be played to stop you getting your money back?

15 overs or less and it's 100%, 15-30 and 50%.

11:15 start.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:59 - Sep 8 with 3842 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:56 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

15 overs of play in a 90 over day and it's only 50% refund? Blimey that harsh

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 3834 viewsArcher4721

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:56 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

Would you say playing a cricket match in September in this country is a bit of silly move and a huge gamble on a sport so dependent on the weather?
Cricket: Hmmmm on 13:17 - Sep 8 with 3786 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:03 - Sep 8 by Archer4721

Would you say playing a cricket match in September in this country is a bit of silly move and a huge gamble on a sport so dependent on the weather?

Perhaps, but given how unpredictable the weather in a British summer is it could be like this in June.

Have decamped to the pub for a bit anyway.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 20:50 - Sep 8 with 3722 viewsSteve_M

Well, 4 and a bit overs this morning and heavy rain for a couple of hours but then somehow it stayed dry all through the afternoon, even seem to have caught a bit of sun.

Really nicely poised match at the moment. An early wicket tomorrow and England could only be chasing 150.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 21:01 - Sep 8 with 3717 viewsAdmiralFunge

Cricket: Hmmmm on 20:50 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

Well, 4 and a bit overs this morning and heavy rain for a couple of hours but then somehow it stayed dry all through the afternoon, even seem to have caught a bit of sun.

Really nicely poised match at the moment. An early wicket tomorrow and England could only be chasing 150.

Must have had a few hours in the bar today, Steve.

The current partnership is key; break that and we could skittle them.

Anderson on a final warning with the bowling, too. Don't really need to be losing him.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:51 - Sep 9 with 3626 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Hmmmm on 21:01 - Sep 8 by AdmiralFunge

Must have had a few hours in the bar today, Steve.

The current partnership is key; break that and we could skittle them.

Anderson on a final warning with the bowling, too. Don't really need to be losing him.

Went out to a pub I know up Abbey Road, far enough to not be too busy. Even at 1:45 we weren't convinced we would get much more play.

Indeed, which is what Root went for both of those reviews yesterday. Pretty poor top gamble both of them like that, although not as bad as Kyle Hope's review.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:55 - Sep 9 with 3620 viewsDyland

Cricket: Hmmmm on 10:51 - Sep 9 by Steve_M

Went out to a pub I know up Abbey Road, far enough to not be too busy. Even at 1:45 we weren't convinced we would get much more play.

Indeed, which is what Root went for both of those reviews yesterday. Pretty poor top gamble both of them like that, although not as bad as Kyle Hope's review.

I was so pissed in the Harris Gardens by the time they came back out I didn't see any of the afternoon action. Ended up getting a cab to E Mono about 4.30pm, then a stagger to Aces and 8s where I just about avoided completely disgracing myself.

I love Lord's on a Friday but getting too old to gun the booze there like I still do. I may try not drinking at all there next year.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:02 - Sep 9 with 3609 viewsTLA

Big session coming up. It looks better for batting and if they get to about 90-4 (in terms of the lead) by lunch, they'll be favourites. A coulpe of quick wickets and we're on top.

Steve, I'm pleased that you were there for Jimmy's 500. How he didn't get it in that over late on Thursday I'll never know! I'd loved to have been there for that moment.
Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:08 - Sep 9 with 3605 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:02 - Sep 9 by TLA

Big session coming up. It looks better for batting and if they get to about 90-4 (in terms of the lead) by lunch, they'll be favourites. A coulpe of quick wickets and we're on top.

Steve, I'm pleased that you were there for Jimmy's 500. How he didn't get it in that over late on Thursday I'll never know! I'd loved to have been there for that moment.

Well, there's one. Blackwood can still score quickly, another quick wicket would be nice.

It was a brilliant moment and the Compton Stand was the perfect place to see middle stump go from. Powell's reaction to his wicket was great too, what a ball that was.

Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:53 - Sep 9 with 3586 viewsTLA

Cricket: Hmmmm on 11:08 - Sep 9 by Steve_M

Well, there's one. Blackwood can still score quickly, another quick wicket would be nice.

It was a brilliant moment and the Compton Stand was the perfect place to see middle stump go from. Powell's reaction to his wicket was great too, what a ball that was.

I did see it live on TV but it's not the same! I was pleased that number 500 took out the middle stump, rather than being a close and reviewed LBW. Jimmy's bowling well this morning.

The Windies hopes rest with, um, Hope!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024