Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party 10:31 - Jul 16 with 6767 viewsLord_Lucan

So hundreds of them have been whisked away on a marathon all expenses break in Hawaii.

The guest speaker was Bill Clinton and now they are all dancing to the house band - Duran Duran.

No wonder flights are so expensive these days.

And I thought ABB was on the gravy train, ABB is just a Bisto kid compared to JJJ.

Will I get any thanks for securing him the job?? No.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:32 - Jul 16 with 6211 viewsDyland

Where does he work (and don't say in the US, because we know that).

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:34 - Jul 16 with 6203 viewsLord_Lucan

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:32 - Jul 16 by Dyland

Where does he work (and don't say in the US, because we know that).

Philly, but the company is global.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:35 - Jul 16 with 6195 viewsDyland

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:34 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

Philly, but the company is global.

What business! Don't have to say company name.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:39 - Jul 16 with 6171 viewsLord_Lucan

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:35 - Jul 16 by Dyland

What business! Don't have to say company name.

Arranging air travel for large corporations.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:45 - Jul 16 with 6148 viewsGuthrum

Cautionary tale on profligate corporate spending: Many years ago, a friend of mine, who worked in IT, was flown all the way across to the States for what turned out to be just a half-day meeting. The client? WorldCom.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:51 - Jul 16 with 6115 viewsBurwell_Blue

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:45 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Cautionary tale on profligate corporate spending: Many years ago, a friend of mine, who worked in IT, was flown all the way across to the States for what turned out to be just a half-day meeting. The client? WorldCom.

Worked for Worldcom myself in Cambridge for 16yrs. The money that I went through alone would make your eye water. Simply no controls at all.
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:55 - Jul 16 with 6084 viewsLord_Lucan

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:45 - Jul 16 by Guthrum

Even so, enjoy it while it lasts I say.

Good luck to him.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:55 - Jul 16 with 6091 viewsMJallday

you need to get yourselves in one of these global's

my 2 day conference last year consisted of a jacuzzi and bubble pool IN my hotel room, as much drinking and golf as i wanted.

i did have to put up with Tim Vine asking me to dance though.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 6063 viewsLord_Lucan

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:55 - Jul 16 by MJallday

you need to get yourselves in one of these global's

my 2 day conference last year consisted of a jacuzzi and bubble pool IN my hotel room, as much drinking and golf as i wanted.

i did have to put up with Tim Vine asking me to dance though.

I tried to persuade the boy to work for them as they have a place in London (where JJJ was last based) but he wasn't interested.

Like me at that age he thinks he knows best - but like me he doesn't.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 6020 viewstcblue

I mean, it sounds great and all, even with Clinton and Duran Duran, but there's going to be SO much whooping and Being American that I think I'm happy enough watching crap TV and eating Cheetos in my pants
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:42 - Jul 16 with 5959 viewsIllinoisblue

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:39 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

I work for a mid size corporation and the money we burn on travel is staggering. The form we use to book are quick to tag on booking fees and assorted other admin fees anytime you make a slight change to your flight. Definitely $$$$ to be made.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:48 - Jul 16 with 5942 viewsLord_Lucan

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:22 - Jul 16 by tcblue

I mean, it sounds great and all, even with Clinton and Duran Duran, but there's going to be SO much whooping and Being American that I think I'm happy enough watching crap TV and eating Cheetos in my pants

It's not all Yanks. The company has offices all over the world and from what I understand only the top 7% sales people globally are invited.

It has just been announced that the next party is in Europe and JJJ claims that he is going to sneak me in - but we'll see if he remembers this or can actually do it.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:48 - Jul 16 with 5937 viewsDyland

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:42 - Jul 16 by Illinoisblue

I work for a mid size corporation and the money we burn on travel is staggering. The form we use to book are quick to tag on booking fees and assorted other admin fees anytime you make a slight change to your flight. Definitely $$$$ to be made.

Who do you use? My company insists we all flight and hotel bookings are done through Egencia.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:54 - Jul 16 with 5911 viewsIllinoisblue

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:48 - Jul 16 by Dyland

Who do you use? My company insists we all flight and hotel bookings are done through Egencia.

Egencia too. We switched to them six months ago from Ovation. Our new CEO used to work for hotels.com and one of his first moves was to switch us to Egencia.

62 - 78 - 81

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:55 - Jul 16 with 5892 viewsDyland

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:54 - Jul 16 by Illinoisblue

Egencia too. We switched to them six months ago from Ovation. Our new CEO used to work for hotels.com and one of his first moves was to switch us to Egencia.

Always find their customer service is excellent.

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:56 - Jul 16 with 5890 viewsGeoffSentence

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:48 - Jul 16 by Dyland

I never understand why companies insist on arranging travel through a dedicated company. Inevitably it is cheaper and easier for me just to sort out my own travel arrangements when required. I assume there are backhanders involved.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:56 - Jul 16 with 5876 viewsBluebell

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:22 - Jul 16 by tcblue

Why do you keep Cheetos in your pants?
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:59 - Jul 16 with 5860 viewsDyland

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:56 - Jul 16 by GeoffSentence

I never understand why companies insist on arranging travel through a dedicated company. Inevitably it is cheaper and easier for me just to sort out my own travel arrangements when required. I assume there are backhanders involved.

More chance of dodgy dealings if everyone does it directly I would have thought!

One of the benefits of doing it though a single dedicated third party is ease of cost centre reporting re departmental budgets. Only relevant for global companies of a few hundred employees plus, of course.

Also you don't have to expense air travel. Only hotels and misc expenses. Which means I'm not bankrolling my company's air travel costs, which is good.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 12:01]

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 12:01 - Jul 16 with 5854 viewsIllinoisblue

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:55 - Jul 16 by Dyland

Always find their customer service is excellent.

Have to agree with that; recently had to rebook a flight which was originally booked with a credit from a previously cancelled flight and one quick call and it was all sorted.

62 - 78 - 81

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 12:08 - Jul 16 with 5820 viewstcblue

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:56 - Jul 16 by Bluebell

Why do you keep Cheetos in your pants?

Convenience
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 01:15 - Jul 17 with 5461 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There wasn't very many Americans there.
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 01:27 - Jul 17 with 5450 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:56 - Jul 16 by GeoffSentence

You don't understand a lot do you. If you spend around $20M a year in travel you might want someone with some sway in the industry to negotiate your corporate rates and report on them. If you spend 500 a month then I agree with you.
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 01:34 - Jul 17 with 5444 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 11:54 - Jul 16 by Illinoisblue

They're becoming a bit of a problem for us in certain markets.
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 01:54 - Jul 17 with 5424 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:39 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

A bit more to it than that! (Sort of)
JJJ has been peppering me with whatsapps of his works party on 10:36 - Jul 17 with 5217 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thanks for your concern but we''ve been doing the incentivized July gig for 30 years (including 2002) and the company made quite a few hundreds of Million dollars (not American) net profit this fiscal year so I think we will be alright moving fowards.

*Takes another sip of champagne*
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 10:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024