Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today 20:56 - Mar 19 with 2870 viewsBlue_Order

A charity celebrity day thing. The only 'celebrity' that turned up was Ralf Little who went off injured after 10 minutes. Anyway, this was a raffle prize and I won it. I'm sure I heard the woman say earlier on that it was match worn but i didn't find out for sure.

Not wanting to sell, but just wondering if it's quite rare or what? I've never seen one for sale on eBay or anything. And who would/could have worn number 15?

Really?! on 21:01 - Mar 19 with 2795 viewsDyland

Looks like it was knocked up by someone who's just learned how to sew.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:01 - Mar 19 with 2795 viewsfactual_blue

I note she doesn't appear to have told you which match.

It was probably a school playground kickabout 'match'.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:02 - Mar 19 with 2782 viewsBlue_Order

Load of sh.te then?
Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:06 - Mar 19 with 2738 viewsbluelagos

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:02 - Mar 19 by Blue_Order

Load of sh.te then?

In 1978, there was only 1 sub, so yeah, looks like it's not what it was presented as.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:12 - Mar 19 with 2698 viewsBlue_Order

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:06 - Mar 19 by bluelagos

In 1978, there was only 1 sub, so yeah, looks like it's not what it was presented as.

It wasn't really 'presented' as such. I didn't hear or see anything properly announced about it, it just sat on the raffle table and I thought I heard the raffle table lady tell someone that as I walked past. I did think it was too good to be true that it was genuine.
Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:17 - Mar 19 with 2651 viewsJ2BLUE

Unlikely to have been a kit from 1978 when it has 1978 cup winners on it. Apparently that was our shirt from 78-81.

I can't find any record of squad numbers anywhere.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 22:53 - Mar 19 with 2335 viewsblueconscience

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 21:17 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Unlikely to have been a kit from 1978 when it has 1978 cup winners on it. Apparently that was our shirt from 78-81.

I can't find any record of squad numbers anywhere.

Dont think they had squad numbers back then

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 23:12 - Mar 19 with 2278 viewsParisBlue

Except when we played in Europe

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 00:33 - Mar 20 with 2137 viewsconnorscontract

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 23:12 - Mar 19 by ParisBlue

Yes, has to be from 78-79 if genuine, and the only possibility is a Cup Winners Cup match, or maybe a pre-season match, because of the shirt number. If you can track down photos of the away legs v Tirol Innsbruck or Alkmaar then that would be definitive. there's footage of the Away leg v Barcelona on youtube and we were wearing White- that would have been the jackpot!

Hunter, Parkin and Geddis are the subs I've found from that campaign, so far.
Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 01:02 - Mar 20 with 2093 viewsKilburnBlue

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 00:33 - Mar 20 by connorscontract

Yes, has to be from 78-79 if genuine, and the only possibility is a Cup Winners Cup match, or maybe a pre-season match, because of the shirt number. If you can track down photos of the away legs v Tirol Innsbruck or Alkmaar then that would be definitive. there's footage of the Away leg v Barcelona on youtube and we were wearing White- that would have been the jackpot!

Hunter, Parkin and Geddis are the subs I've found from that campaign, so far.

We did have FA cup winners 1978 on the players shirt in 1980/81 season so it could have been up to then.

Did we play any European pre season tournaments in that time

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 08:45 - Mar 20 with 1850 viewsPhilTWTD

Went to Needham Market v Arsenal today on 23:12 - Mar 19 by ParisBlue

And in friendlies. Given the orange kit wasn't used that often it probably wouldn't be difficult to pinpoint which games it was worn in where a 15 would have been involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024