Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's with Wes on this? 12:06 - May 19 with 2450 viewsDJR

“One of the fascinating things about David Cameron being back in Government, as Foreign Secretary, is that every time he pops up on the telly, you’re reminded of what the Conservative Party used to look like,” Mr Streeting said.

“And the contrast couldn’t be sharper between the quality of David Cameron and the quality of Rishi Sunak, the quality of David Cameron and the quality of Suella Braverman, the quality of David Cameron and the quality of any number of the cast of clowns who may aspire to lead the Conservative Party after the next general election.”
[Post edited 19 May 12:07]
Who's with Wes on this? on 12:07 - May 19 with 2118 viewsredrickstuhaart

He is spot on. Regradless of views on cameron, he was a decent and intellecutal fellow, in comparison to the last 3.
Who's with Wes on this? on 12:09 - May 19 with 2094 viewsMullet

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:07 - May 19 by redrickstuhaart

He is spot on. Regradless of views on cameron, he was a decent and intellecutal fellow, in comparison to the last 3.

I've done turds that are decent and intellectual compared to them too in fairness.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:12 - May 19 with 2064 viewsmylittletown

Maybe true, but Cameron's stupidity is what ended up empowering sh1tbags like Johnson, Farage, Rees-Mogg, Braverman, Truss, and the biggest t0sser of the lot, Frost.
Who's with Wes on this? on 12:16 - May 19 with 2030 viewsDJR

He might have been clever, but he was lazy, lacked common sense, gave his ministers carte blanche and ended up with policies (eg. austerity, NHS reforms) none of which stood the test of time.

By way of example, a friend of mine went to a reception at No. 10 which he was supposed to be hosting, only to be told that he was playing tennis.
[Post edited 19 May 12:18]
Who's with Wes on this? on 12:17 - May 19 with 2014 viewsredrickstuhaart

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:16 - May 19 by DJR

He might have been clever, but he was lazy, lacked common sense, gave his ministers carte blanche and ended up with policies (eg. austerity, NHS reforms) none of which stood the test of time.

By way of example, a friend of mine went to a reception at No. 10 which he was supposed to be hosting, only to be told that he was playing tennis.
[Post edited 19 May 12:18]

And yet, when juxtaposed with Boris, or slippery Sunak...
Who's with Wes on this? on 12:19 - May 19 with 1995 viewspointofblue

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:12 - May 19 by mylittletown

Maybe true, but Cameron's stupidity is what ended up empowering sh1tbags like Johnson, Farage, Rees-Mogg, Braverman, Truss, and the biggest t0sser of the lot, Frost.

Cameron, unusually for him, misread the public twice. Firstly he thought there would be another hung parliament in 2015, where he could use the Liberal Democrats to void any chance of a referendum, as he did in 2010. Secondly, when it happened, he thought he could fight it based on facts rather than emotion, which worked in Scotland. It didn't work again.

I'm surprised he returned to be honest. The party now is not what he successfully turned it into in the late 00s, and is likely to lurch further to the right when Sunak loses the election and disposed of (see also the move from Hague to Howard).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:22 - May 19 with 1952 viewsDJR

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:17 - May 19 by redrickstuhaart

And yet, when juxtaposed with Boris, or slippery Sunak...

He was a good egg and charming, but in my view those were his only saving graces.
Who's with Wes on this? on 12:24 - May 19 with 1926 viewsMattinLondon

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:12 - May 19 by mylittletown

The ‘remain’ campaign was disastrous.

But ultimately the ones who brought in those individuals you mentioned were the people who voted to leave. Doesn’t matter if they consider themselves lefties or righties or in the middle. They brought in the barrel of idiots.
[Post edited 19 May 13:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:24 - May 19 with 1918 viewsTrequartista

Cameron is a walking disaster. Illegal war in Libya, plunged the country into crisis with a stupid referendum, comes back as though nothing happened and starts saying dangerous things about Ukraine firing British weapons into Russia.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:49 - May 19 with 1786 viewsPendejo

Define "decent"

Given the he's gets mentioned in the Panama papers and laid the ground that followed. Relatively decent? I mean is that the difference between a serial killer and someone who has only killed once.

The word I'd use is "discrete" versus those that follow that who seem to wear corruption as a badge to be proud of and flaunt it on the basis of "what yer gonna do about it plebs!"

from what I have read Streeting is the most Tory like individual in Labour's ranks and still thinks Privatisation (however small) is the way forward for NHS.

We need real meaningful change, but I don't know who offers that and British public groomed by media, don't like change... So Tory election win it is then...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:50 - May 19 with 1775 viewsPendejo

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:24 - May 19 by Trequartista

Cameron is a walking disaster. Illegal war in Libya, plunged the country into crisis with a stupid referendum, comes back as though nothing happened and starts saying dangerous things about Ukraine firing British weapons into Russia.

There's an irony here.

The referendum was at least the delivery of a campaign promise...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:56 - May 19 with 1730 viewsBlueBadger

Here's the thing. Like Major before him, Cameron only looks good by comparison.

Lest we forget, he's a bloke who's indirectly caused tens of thousands of deaths through austerity and crippled the country economically because he was running scared from frog faced racist conman Nigel Farage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:57 - May 19 with 1708 viewsBlueBadger

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:19 - May 19 by pointofblue

Cameron, unusually for him, misread the public twice. Firstly he thought there would be another hung parliament in 2015, where he could use the Liberal Democrats to void any chance of a referendum, as he did in 2010. Secondly, when it happened, he thought he could fight it based on facts rather than emotion, which worked in Scotland. It didn't work again.

I'm surprised he returned to be honest. The party now is not what he successfully turned it into in the late 00s, and is likely to lurch further to the right when Sunak loses the election and disposed of (see also the move from Hague to Howard).

The Tories have always been what he made them, it's just that they're openly bigoted, corrupt sociopaths seeking to feather their own nests rather than hiding it behind a veneer of respectability.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:58 - May 19 with 1707 viewsBlueBadger

Peter Andre is an intellectual by comparison to Truss, Johnson and Rishi.

And probably a much nicer chap as well.
[Post edited 19 May 22:17]

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:02 - May 19 with 1642 viewsPlums

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:56 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Here's the thing. Like Major before him, Cameron only looks good by comparison.

Lest we forget, he's a bloke who's indirectly caused tens of thousands of deaths through austerity and crippled the country economically because he was running scared from frog faced racist conman Nigel Farage.

Yes, he's the political equivalent of one of those footballers who get better in people's minds if they're not in the team.
Rory Stewart's book doesn't shower Cameron with praise; he comes across as superficial and with a limited grasp of his brief.
He looks a colossus to some now - but only because he's surrounded by political pygmies.
[Post edited 19 May 13:03]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:06 - May 19 with 1613 viewsBlueBadger

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:02 - May 19 by Plums

Yes, he's the political equivalent of one of those footballers who get better in people's minds if they're not in the team.
Rory Stewart's book doesn't shower Cameron with praise; he comes across as superficial and with a limited grasp of his brief.
He looks a colossus to some now - but only because he's surrounded by political pygmies.
[Post edited 19 May 13:03]

If he was a football manager, Cameron would be Roy Keane. Inexplicably popular with the easily conned, good at pressers and laid the ground work for the following decade of failure and stagnation.

In this analogy Truss is Hurst(a short lived disaster), Johnson is Lambert(again, initially popular with the easily fooled, lazy and incompetent and Sunak is Cook(somehow managing to perform worse than his predecessors).
[Post edited 25 May 9:06]

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:06 - May 19 with 1606 viewsMattinLondon

Who's with Wes on this? on 12:58 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Peter Andre is an intellectual by comparison to Truss, Johnson and Rishi.

And probably a much nicer chap as well.
[Post edited 19 May 22:17]

I like what you normally post - but is there a need for personal attacks?
Who's with Wes on this? on 13:07 - May 19 with 1584 viewsBlueBadger

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:06 - May 19 by MattinLondon

I like what you normally post - but is there a need for personal attacks?

Fair, I'll edit.

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:07 - May 19 with 1581 viewsSwansea_Blue

“In comparison to” being the key words. But for the reasons others have already outlined, he’s not sufficiently different to be a piece of Iain Bank’s sweetcorn. He’s still part of the matrix, for want of a better word. Just slightly less stinky than the openly xenophobic and islamophobic, purely self-centred populists.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:23 - May 19 with 1508 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wes is just a Cameron wannabe!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:32 - May 19 with 1453 viewsMiaow

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Wes Burns expressing his political opinions...

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:43 - May 19 with 1405 viewsDJR

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:23 - May 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Wes is just a Cameron wannabe!

Were it not for the Tory position on social issues pre-Cameron, I feel he would have been a Tory, a bit lit David Laws.
Who's with Wes on this? on 13:44 - May 19 with 1397 viewsDJR

Who's with Wes on this? on 13:32 - May 19 by Miaow

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Wes Burns expressing his political opinions...

That's why I didn't refer to him as "our Wes"!
Who's with Wes on this? on 13:49 - May 19 with 1355 viewsfooters

"you’re reminded of what the Conservative Party used to look like,"

Indeed.

The new-look Conservatives have red ties and offered Wes 'massive tw@t' Streeting a shadow cabinet position.

Meet the old boss etc.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who's with Wes on this? on 14:39 - May 19 with 1234 viewsBuhrer

Bog standard ability and intellect, born a toff, given everything, everything excused, told he could do anything, f ucking weak, should never have been anywhere near running a country. Another failure of our 'meritocracy' Would have managed a supermarket with different parents. Massive great big bolshy yarblockos to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024