Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer 08:11 - May 8 with 4163 viewsitfcjoe

(assuming Southampton don't go up)

Defenders
Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Jacob Greaves

Midfielders
Flynn Downes
Ben Sheaf

Attackers
Jack Clarke
Adam Armstrong
Liam Delap

Tried mainly looking at players who have played in more complex footballing systems like we have and excelled in them.

With the caveat that I can't imagine we'd be able to afford anyone Leeds have as they are prob still paying more than we will

Can't see any Norwich players joining us, not sure WBA have any who have really stood out bar the keeper and maybe the big Turkish CM

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:13 - May 8 with 1265 viewsKieran_Knows

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:09 - May 8 by ipswichtillidie

And we wanted him too but priced out by Hull.

Wasn't it more to do with how the deal was structured and the clauses Villa wanted in the deal? Than being priced out?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:18 - May 8 with 1219 viewsipswichtillidie

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:13 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

Wasn't it more to do with how the deal was structured and the clauses Villa wanted in the deal? Than being priced out?

Yer I was making a huge assumption there tbf.. should have said the financial or personal terms didn’t align. Do you have more info specifically? I was aware we wanted him.

Gav

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:19 - May 8 with 1219 viewsExiled2Surrey

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:01 - May 8 by hype313

Philogene is on loan from Villa

Hull bought Philogene, but Delap is a City player
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:21 - May 8 with 1213 viewsitfcjoe

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:55 - May 8 by le2blue

Agree with those. I wonder if we will go for Charlie Hughes at Wigan as a project signing, maybe to loan out to a champ club, one we’ve spent a lot of time scouting over the last 2 years. Guess it depends on what they want to do with Baggott but Hughes is a perfect t fit for the McKenna approach.

Was speaking to a couple of people 'in the game' over the weekend and they couldn't speak more highly about Charlie Hughes, and now put him a level above Ronnie Edwards and Eirin Cashin who have always been the big young CBs at smaller clubs.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:23 - May 8 with 1189 viewsStewart27

I really like the look of Latte Lath.

Would really suit the KM system.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:26 - May 8 with 1166 viewsBattersea_Blue

We shouldn't forget Ilias Chair at QPR. Exceptional player.

KM knows Walker-Peters well and would certainly know how to get the very best out of him in our system. Saw them chatting with hands over mouths at the Southampton game at PR.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:38 - May 8 with 1097 viewstextbackup

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:26 - May 8 by Battersea_Blue

We shouldn't forget Ilias Chair at QPR. Exceptional player.

KM knows Walker-Peters well and would certainly know how to get the very best out of him in our system. Saw them chatting with hands over mouths at the Southampton game at PR.

Chair the bloke that’s off to prison?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:38 - May 8 with 1098 viewsHighgateBlue

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:14 - May 8 by Herbivore

Think he's out of our league, he'll end up at a more established Prem club I suspect.

Quite possibly. Already has over 100 premier league appearances, a couple of England caps and at 27 you'd think he might want (and would be able to get) a big pay day.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:54 - May 8 with 1055 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:50 - May 8 by gordon

Ben Davies is a cultured left-sided centre back, a good few years left in him at 31, likely to leave Spurs this summer. Also Armando Broja might be of interest, definitely going to leave Chelsea.

I like the Ben Davies shout. Not sure if wages make it possible but definitely in the category of underappreciated players with valuable premier league experience.

But I think a left sided player is going to be hard to recruit this summer. Davis is guaranteed and Burgess has been one of the best centre halves this season in the league. It's a tougher sell compared to the right hand side of defence where we have been more vulnerable and need more experience that side in my opinion.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 10:03 - May 8 with 1017 viewsle2blue

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 09:21 - May 8 by itfcjoe

Was speaking to a couple of people 'in the game' over the weekend and they couldn't speak more highly about Charlie Hughes, and now put him a level above Ronnie Edwards and Eirin Cashin who have always been the big young CBs at smaller clubs.

Ex-Liverpool academy, England u-20, captain at Wigan, he is ticking a lot of McKenna's boxes. Suspect Brentford may be competition for his signature but we should be in a strong position to get him.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 11:42 - May 8 with 901 viewsportmanking

At the right back area, I'd be very interested in Trai Hume or Perry Ng, personally. I think Hume has a big ceiling and Ng has always struck me as a really combative full back.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 13:51 - May 8 with 781 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:58 - May 8 by tractorboy1978

Clarke, Delap, Downes, Sheaf, Harwood-Bellis are all names I had considered.

Another couple of players I really like are Philogene (will Hull need to sell?) and Callum Doyle.

Below the Championship you've got Ronnie Edwards and Charlie Hughes who could both be investment opportunities to buy and loan to the Championship for a season.

I'd add Harrison Burrows to the development list. We need a back up to Leif

Poll: Our final position

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:00 - May 8 with 760 viewsKropotkin123

Downes is a no for me, I was looking at what stats are important for our current midfield and he didn't come out that well. Sheaf on the other hand looked like a great addition.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:08 - May 8 with 733 viewsParky

Jordan James from Birmingham if doable. Young, can play in multiple attacking positions and also adds to our Welsh quota.

Not sure he’s good enough for the Prem yet, but I’ve always liked the look of Wouter Burger from Stoke.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:12 - May 8 with 706 viewsHerbivore

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 08:41 - May 8 by gordon

Think we'll be an attractive option given McKenna's reputation - no idea how much cash we'll have to spend but if we managed to get Jack Clarke and keep Omari we'd be really dangerous going forward - to me Clarke has the look of a player who could perform at a much higher level.

There were rumours that Spurs were interested in Clarke so getting him would be quite a coup.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:18 - May 8 with 656 viewsjayessess

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:12 - May 8 by Herbivore

There were rumours that Spurs were interested in Clarke so getting him would be quite a coup.

They already bought and sold him once already!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:19 - May 8 with 644 viewsHerbivore

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 14:18 - May 8 by jayessess

They already bought and sold him once already!

Classic Spurs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 15:07 - May 8 with 538 viewsChris_ITFC

If memory serves, Saints have an automatic £20m buy clause for Harwood-Bellis if they get promoted.
Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 15:07 - May 8 with 536 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We may need a new goalkeeper.

Carl Rushworth been on loan at Swansea this year from Brighton. Looks a very very good player.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 15:17 - May 8 with 493 viewsitfcserbia

Agree with all of the above plus these below:
Ethan Laird RB
Joe Aribo CM
Jobe Bellingham AM

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Championship players we could be looking to sign this summer on 16:10 - May 8 with 375 viewsEssexBloo

Sorry if asked elsewhere but what do you think our transfer kitty will be Joe?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024