Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) 12:03 - May 6 with 10124 viewsNeedhamChris

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:34 - May 6 with 1783 viewsgainsboroughblue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:31 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Keith Deller and Nik Kershaw on the bus for next year’s parade after we win the FA Cup.

Wouldn't it be good if that happened.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:41 - May 6 with 1741 viewscharlie1

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:59 - May 6 by tractorshark

He doesn’t represent me as a long-standing Ipswich fan.

He’s just jumped on the bandwagon.

It won’t ruin our celebrations and the club can invite who they want but as I said earlier it’s rapidly coming over as cringey, forced and false.

Shameful self promotion. As someone pointed out on another thread it’s all a bit Salt Bae.

How long has Wardley supported Town for?
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:41 - May 6 with 1740 viewsIllinoisblue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:34 - May 6 by gainsboroughblue

Wouldn't it be good if that happened.

I see what you did. (I was trying to think of other famous Ipswich people but was struggling. There must be others, right?)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:44 - May 6 with 1723 viewsNedPlimpton

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:41 - May 6 by charlie1

How long has Wardley supported Town for?

I really wouldn't get bogged down in how long people have supported town for. Now we're premier league there's going to be loads of new fans and I'll love it!

In fact there are posters on here and people I know who have no ipswich connections whatsoever other than that their dad's jumped on the ipswich bandwagon back in the 70s
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:05 - May 6 with 1666 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

he wasn’t even a town fan a few years ago.

Good promotion for him. That’s it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:06 - May 6 with 1656 viewsVegtablue

Well said Ned, this is in danger of becoming embarrassing IMO. And the point about so many of our fans supporting since the 70s is a cracker (how many got it in at the top floor I wonder aha). The club has embraced Wardley and vice-versa since at least summer 2021. We even brought him in to market our shirts at the beginning of last season! We were a L1 club with a 9th place finish IIRC! The extent to which one's success has outstripped the other since that time really shouldn't be a focus of ours, should it? Ipswich's sportspeople rallying behind the Town is a nice thing 😂 and after being invited onto the bus, because he's a valued club friend, he should be bringing the energy.

*The Norwich away entourage was a farce, but I question why many are hold him over the coals for it; club cocked up there.
*I reckon Wardley's sporting rise has kept pace with ours actually, with both of us now top of the rung just below elite level (without suggesting the international market for British boxing is on the same planet as Prem footy!). Wardley's next fight will be Main Event if not PPV, while we've just arrived on the national news scene again.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:32 - May 6 with 1575 viewsJackNorthStand

He’s sponsored by the club, from Ipswich and has become friendly with the players get over it
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:36 - May 6 with 1556 viewspointofblue

Made me think Sheeran would have had the chance to be on the bus had he been in the UK. Wonder if he regrets going to Miami?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:38 - May 6 with 1535 viewsGlory_Hunter

Keith Deller and Nik Kershaw on the bus for next year’s parade after we win the FA Cup.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:39 - May 6 with 1528 viewsbazza

Why are you so bothered .
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:39 - May 6 with 1528 viewsParamedic

Why does anyone care. We’ve just got back to back promotions. Relax a little and enjoy the moment.

AllalallalSunderland

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:42 - May 6 with 1516 viewsGlory_Hunter

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:39 - May 6 by bazza

Why are you so bothered .

People feel he's hijacking the moment.

Boxers aren't generally known for their humility.

I can see both points of view tbh. I shan't be the one to tell him he shouldn't have been there though, that bit I am sure of.
The real question is: why weren't you on the bus? on 14:43 - May 6 with 1512 viewsBuhrer

Answer that, and you'll answer your question also x
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:48 - May 6 with 1489 viewsITFC_Esquire

Tbh I think if it was just today and the bus then it wouldn’t have bothered me and clearly others. It’s the fact it’s off the back of him being in the promotion photos in the goal which adds the context that rubs me up the wrong way. None of the players’ family members or friends were in there so why should he join the squad in it. All a bit John Terry in the champions league final for me but that’s just my opinion!

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 15:24 - May 6 with 1363 viewsITFCBlues

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:21 - May 6 by Zx1988

Genuine question - does the publicity actually do much for the club though?

Based on the audience for boxing, I'd assume that most fans either already support a team, or don't do football. Are many people going to see the ITFC badge on his shorts and think 'ooh, Ipswich. Maybe I'll follow them/buy a shirt etc.,'?

Completely different market to Ed, and his legions of fans who'll probably buy an ITFC shirt, despite having no interest in football, because it's effectively just another item of Ed merch.

Well, I guess it would do if his profile is built up to a level where he hosts a fight at PR. I suspect that'd earn the club a significant sum of money

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 18:09 - May 6 with 1174 viewsHciwspi

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:36 - May 6 by pointofblue

Made me think Sheeran would have had the chance to be on the bus had he been in the UK. Wonder if he regrets going to Miami?

Probably not as he’s on tour
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 18:23 - May 6 with 1115 viewsTangledupin_Blue

...and Omid Djalili.

But, sadly, not Tiger Louis.

Edit... to correct first name above.
[Post edited 6 May 19:25]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:10 - May 6 with 1035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 18:23 - May 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

...and Omid Djalili.

But, sadly, not Tiger Louis.

Edit... to correct first name above.
[Post edited 6 May 19:25]

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Hamid Jalili?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:22 - May 6 with 979 viewsMK1

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:10 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

He means Omid Djalili who moved to Ipswich 3 years ago and supports Chelsea.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:23 - May 6 with 975 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:10 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

Getting myself muddled up...

Will edit.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:26 - May 6 with 962 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:22 - May 6 by MK1

He means Omid Djalili who moved to Ipswich 3 years ago and supports Chelsea.

But has publicly taken Towen to his heart.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:51 - May 6 with 911 viewsMalcolmBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:07 - May 6 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. Its ridiculous now isn't it. No ones there to see you mate jog on.

Did you go? Or did you swerve it because you knew Burns was gonna be there

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 20:38 - May 6 with 812 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 19:51 - May 6 by MalcolmBlue

Did you go? Or did you swerve it because you knew Burns was gonna be there

No I watched it on sky YouTube whilst down in the witterings. Looked amazing.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 20:58 - May 6 with 765 viewsIpswichTom

He was on the bus back. Not on the main trip. Seems fair to me
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 21:10 - May 6 with 721 viewsmalbec_blue

Watching the wheels go round and round?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024