Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) 12:03 - May 6 with 10129 viewsNeedhamChris

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 21:12 - May 6 with 1631 viewsHelp

It's all about the bigger picture. The income the club can generate from a wardley bout at Portman road will be massive
The same as an ed concert at Portman road. We need income streams and these two are ways the club can make big money to help the finances.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 00:02 - May 7 with 1511 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Tweeting things like whilst being sat at the awards do (and by the looks of it, sat right near or next to Ashton) is a weird move. But still, he raises a fair point tbh.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 03:50 - May 7 with 1407 viewsITFCSG

It could be much worse! At least we don't have Thai influencers whom no-one has ever heard of gatecrash the party.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134798-thai-celebrities-on-the-pitchparade/

King Power FC lol.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 07:02 - May 7 with 1318 viewsBuhrer

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:12 - May 6 by NedPlimpton

Proper weird how Wardley has become public enemy number one

Outside of ITFC he's the town's biggest sporting asset. Allow it
[Post edited 6 May 13:24]

It does look a little like people grabbing something to be negative about and to be blunt: it stinks of jealousy.

I've never even thought about being bothered about who gets invited on buses I don't own and have no say over. What a ludicrous bed wetting stance. I've never competed for a national title with itfc on my shorts, nor been described as a friend by our CEO. If I had I might try getting on that bus. If my entire career and a large part of being on the bus, was promotion, with the expected financial gain to both parties, then so what, that's understandable and not my business.

And..........We Are Going Up!

Doesn't that make you hesitate to pissy whine about this and everything? Clearly not x
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 07:53 - May 7 with 1235 viewsvictorywilhappen

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:21 - May 6 by Zx1988

Genuine question - does the publicity actually do much for the club though?

Based on the audience for boxing, I'd assume that most fans either already support a team, or don't do football. Are many people going to see the ITFC badge on his shorts and think 'ooh, Ipswich. Maybe I'll follow them/buy a shirt etc.,'?

Completely different market to Ed, and his legions of fans who'll probably buy an ITFC shirt, despite having no interest in football, because it's effectively just another item of Ed merch.

It's brand positioning theory. In films, a product is placed to enter the consciousness of the viewers. i.e drinking Pepsi or using an iPhone. The companies often pay to have their product placed.

Your consumption is based on all these small signals that enter your life every waking hour - not juct on screen. Not being conscious of it makes you an easier mark.

Next time you see a can of Pepsi you may remember this post and buy one...or not.
[Post edited 7 May 7:56]
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:12 - May 7 with 1200 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 07:02 - May 7 by Buhrer

It does look a little like people grabbing something to be negative about and to be blunt: it stinks of jealousy.

I've never even thought about being bothered about who gets invited on buses I don't own and have no say over. What a ludicrous bed wetting stance. I've never competed for a national title with itfc on my shorts, nor been described as a friend by our CEO. If I had I might try getting on that bus. If my entire career and a large part of being on the bus, was promotion, with the expected financial gain to both parties, then so what, that's understandable and not my business.

Doesn't that make you hesitate to pissy whine about this and everything? Clearly not x

You clearly have a stiffy for Wardley, being all over these threads supporting him, upping/downarrowing people on whether they agree with it or not, and using some rather unpleasant language against real Town supporters.

It's not so much being on the bus and being on the pitch, it's a combination of it all and being front and centre of everything. Being right in the front row with the ownership team milking the applause, right in the front/middle of the team promotion photos on the pitch, having a mic on the bus and taking the piss out of Harry Clarke while he's trying to speak... I have no problem with him being involved, but tone it down lad, this isn't about you.
[Post edited 7 May 8:13]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:18 - May 7 with 1163 viewsBuhrer

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:12 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

You clearly have a stiffy for Wardley, being all over these threads supporting him, upping/downarrowing people on whether they agree with it or not, and using some rather unpleasant language against real Town supporters.

It's not so much being on the bus and being on the pitch, it's a combination of it all and being front and centre of everything. Being right in the front row with the ownership team milking the applause, right in the front/middle of the team promotion photos on the pitch, having a mic on the bus and taking the piss out of Harry Clarke while he's trying to speak... I have no problem with him being involved, but tone it down lad, this isn't about you.

Eh? A couple of posts not a hardon make, but i guess replying confims i have at least a semi. Meh. All of those gripes, take them up with Ashton.

Who's got a ticket to ride? We do, to the Premier.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:21 - May 7 with 1154 viewsyorkshireblue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:12 - May 6 by NedPlimpton

Proper weird how Wardley has become public enemy number one

Outside of ITFC he's the town's biggest sporting asset. Allow it
[Post edited 6 May 13:24]

Not a criticism of Fabio, but he's not even the biggest combat sporting star... globally MMA fighter and town fan Arnold Allen is a much bigger draw.

Over three times the instagram followers that Fabio has, for example.
Login to get fewer ads

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:21 - May 7 with 1151 viewsBuhrer

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:21 - May 7 by yorkshireblue

Not a criticism of Fabio, but he's not even the biggest combat sporting star... globally MMA fighter and town fan Arnold Allen is a much bigger draw.

Over three times the instagram followers that Fabio has, for example.

I'd fu cking love Arnold Allen on the bus.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:30 - May 7 with 1116 viewsBondiBlue

I'll point it out just because no-one else has yet, not because i think it's a reason for him being there or not being there.

He's technically a former itfc player.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:39 - May 7 with 1090 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:18 - May 7 by Buhrer

Eh? A couple of posts not a hardon make, but i guess replying confims i have at least a semi. Meh. All of those gripes, take them up with Ashton.

Who's got a ticket to ride? We do, to the Premier.

Three, not including this one, and two of them quite lengthy, plus furiously downarrowing every single post that doesn't agree with it, and uparrowing every one that does. It's fair to say you're a fan.

No, I'm not bothered enough to take them up with Ashton, I'll simply post on a football forum (as discussion is what they're for) that I think it's been a bit much.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:40 - May 7 with 1089 viewsNeedhamChris

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:12 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, your last paragraph there is a far more articulate version of what my frustration was. I'm not saying he offers zero benefit, clearly extra income from a big fight would be a bonus. I'd have ranked him below some of the ITFC Community staff/volunteers, the non-playing staff, owners, Jason Schechterle - amongst others.

Norwich away where he was milking the attention and then giving it to the family stand, the on pitch trophy celebrations/photos and then this - it's a combination of things. For me, can't really stand him - but I'd not moan about it if he wasn't everywhere at the moment!

Happy enough for the club to support/promote him - but maybe let the players take the limelight for this wonderful achievement rather than trying to milk it for all it's worth.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:41 - May 7 with 1075 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:30 - May 7 by BondiBlue

I'll point it out just because no-one else has yet, not because i think it's a reason for him being there or not being there.

Really? I don't remember him playing.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:47 - May 7 with 1001 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:40 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

Yeah, your last paragraph there is a far more articulate version of what my frustration was. I'm not saying he offers zero benefit, clearly extra income from a big fight would be a bonus. I'd have ranked him below some of the ITFC Community staff/volunteers, the non-playing staff, owners, Jason Schechterle - amongst others.

Norwich away where he was milking the attention and then giving it to the family stand, the on pitch trophy celebrations/photos and then this - it's a combination of things. For me, can't really stand him - but I'd not moan about it if he wasn't everywhere at the moment!

Happy enough for the club to support/promote him - but maybe let the players take the limelight for this wonderful achievement rather than trying to milk it for all it's worth.

Just a combination isn't it

Making sure he drives his car through the pre game welcome. Waving around like he's the king
Then taking place in the post game celebration pics
Then being on the parade bus

Tbh I'd understand if he was fury level, but he's not so it's quite cringe. It was bad enough when John Terry wacked his full kit on that time for Chelsea. Let alone a semi professional boxer who the club sponsors not the other way round.
[Post edited 7 May 8:47]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:48 - May 7 with 1031 viewsBuhrer

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:39 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Three, not including this one, and two of them quite lengthy, plus furiously downarrowing every single post that doesn't agree with it, and uparrowing every one that does. It's fair to say you're a fan.

No, I'm not bothered enough to take them up with Ashton, I'll simply post on a football forum (as discussion is what they're for) that I think it's been a bit much.

"Furiously" he pressed the buttons on his phone, whilst making three posts on an Internet forum.

I am indeed a bit of a fan of Fabio "The Wheel" Wardley though.

So like you... I'll simply post on a football forum, but that I think the opposite. I'm assuming from your personal approach that you understood my point regardless.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:52 - May 7 with 997 viewsBondiBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:41 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Really? I don't remember him playing.

"Technically".

Neither do i.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 10:38 - May 7 with 891 viewstractorshark

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 07:02 - May 7 by Buhrer

You’re right it shouldn’t and hasn’t taken the shine off the celebrations.

And of course we’d all want to be on the bus or on the pitch.

But I don’t think it’s jealousy here. It’s more the fact he’s been shamelessly front and centre throughout a party he’s kinda gatecrashed. That’s what has irritated people.

If he had taken a little more of a backseat, I doubt anyone would have been that bothered. But posing in the team pic and attention seeking on the bus just smacks of self promotion.

It’s not his moment. Remember 10 years ago he was tweeting about being a Man Utd fan.

I wish him well as a boxer and if he can generate interest in Ipswich, then great but he’s coming across as just another opportunistic fan who’s jumped on the bandwagon.

The fact he was reposting messages of support and replying to criticism on social media last night suggests the comments have touched a nerve. But sometimes the truth hurts and we learn from it.
[Post edited 7 May 10:41]
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:03 - May 7 with 863 viewsitfcjoe

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:30 - May 7 by BondiBlue

Because he pretended he was in the academy?!

I like Fab generally, the Nodge stuff didn't bother me, as a boxer he's got to be a self publicist and can't blame him for trying.

But when he's in danger of even annoying people like me who are generally supportive of him and proud of him as an Ipswich boy, then he's prob well past the point of where he should be.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:20 - May 7 with 791 viewsBondiBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:03 - May 7 by itfcjoe

I like Fab generally, the Nodge stuff didn't bother me, as a boxer he's got to be a self publicist and can't blame him for trying.

But when he's in danger of even annoying people like me who are generally supportive of him and proud of him as an Ipswich boy, then he's prob well past the point of where he should be.

Was he not in the academy then?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:24 - May 7 with 778 viewsyorkshireblue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:21 - May 7 by Buhrer

I'd fu cking love Arnold Allen on the bus.

He put an IG story saying he couldn't make the parade as he was training.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:29 - May 7 with 752 viewsITFCBlues

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:03 - May 7 by itfcjoe

I guess you have to blame MA for that then? Why is he inviting him to all the functions etc?

Pretty clear he's trying to build his profile ready for a fight at PR. Although i do agree, this weekend has been a bit much.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:30 - May 7 with 750 viewsitfcjoe

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:20 - May 7 by BondiBlue

Was he not in the academy then?

He's told a really vague story about it, which sounded like bobbins, and more likely he trained at the equivalent of a PDC centre like thousands of kids a week do.

Had he been in the actual academy I'm sure a photo of it would have come out by now, or someone who was in it with him would have known and remembered

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:39 - May 7 with 711 viewsitfcjoe

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:29 - May 7 by ITFCBlues

I guess you have to blame MA for that then? Why is he inviting him to all the functions etc?

Pretty clear he's trying to build his profile ready for a fight at PR. Although i do agree, this weekend has been a bit much.

Him being there, in the Directors Box, at the Do etc is really not an issue if he wants to be one of the many suits at PR on a match day

But plonking self front and centre of a team picture, getting on the mic on the bus when people weren't there to hear from him etc is too much and everyone I was chatting to, and WhatsApp groups had plenty of people asking why is he there, what is he doing etc - the line has clearly been crossed so he needs to row back and stick to hanging round with Ashton more than the players at times like this

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:57 - May 7 with 657 viewsBondiBlue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:30 - May 7 by itfcjoe

He's told a really vague story about it, which sounded like bobbins, and more likely he trained at the equivalent of a PDC centre like thousands of kids a week do.

Had he been in the actual academy I'm sure a photo of it would have come out by now, or someone who was in it with him would have known and remembered

Righto. Bit like when i moved to australia and told everyone i'd had a trial at town when actually i'd been to one of those summer camps and won best attitude.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:00 - May 7 with 647 viewsfooters

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:48 - May 7 by Buhrer

"Furiously" he pressed the buttons on his phone, whilst making three posts on an Internet forum.

I am indeed a bit of a fan of Fabio "The Wheel" Wardley though.

So like you... I'll simply post on a football forum, but that I think the opposite. I'm assuming from your personal approach that you understood my point regardless.

Besides, Dolly's not one for incessant downvoting or carrying arguments on for multiple pages for no good reason...

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024