Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memberships 08:34 - May 3 with 2226 viewsDinDjarin

With the expected scramble for member ships for next season how will the club play this?

Will they restrict the total number?
Will they allow a window for existing members to renew before any general sale?

Would be a gutter if current members missed out due to the expected avalanche of potential new members.
Memberships on 08:37 - May 3 with 1935 viewsunbelievablue

Existing members will surely get a chance to renew.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Memberships on 08:42 - May 3 with 1886 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Surely they’ll sell as many as they can.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Memberships on 08:45 - May 3 with 1866 viewsGavTWTD

Sorry if I'm being ignorant but why would you want to restrict the number of members?

Are you concerned that Away Points will start at 0? They might carry it over, or start at a lower number but still give you an advantage.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Memberships on 08:46 - May 3 with 1848 viewsyorkshireblue

I'm not sure they would cap it?

I'm sure I read something when Leeds vs Southampton tickets went on sale in the local press here that Leeds have 70,000 members on top ST holders.
Memberships on 08:46 - May 3 with 1846 viewsSheffordBlue

Many Premier league clubs have a % of tickets (for some clubs home and away) that go to ballot and you have to be a member to be in the ballot. It wouldn't surprise me if we went down this route to encourage more membership sign ups.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Memberships on 08:48 - May 3 with 1832 viewsDinDjarin

Memberships on 08:42 - May 3 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Surely they’ll sell as many as they can.

Maybe they will but then a lot of people will be paying 40 quid for not a very good chance of a ticket if they sell say 15k or so to non season ticket holders.

Wont affect me as have a season ticket and a healthy number of away points but surely there will be a window for current members to renew. Unless they don't cap it that is.

No idea
Memberships on 08:50 - May 3 with 1823 viewsbluelagos

Memberships on 08:45 - May 3 by GavTWTD

Sorry if I'm being ignorant but why would you want to restrict the number of members?

Are you concerned that Away Points will start at 0? They might carry it over, or start at a lower number but still give you an advantage.

I know it's a bit nostalgic, but back into the day we had an away match passport.

You were guaranteed a ticket to every away match and from memory could opt out of a max of 3 matches.

We had less than 1k of them and reckon promotion would mean we could sell 3 or 4 times that.

This club, the football, we really are having the best of times :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Memberships on 08:52 - May 3 with 1796 viewstextbackup

I think that everyone maybe needs to accept they might not get a ticket for every away game next season (if we get there)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Memberships on 08:56 - May 3 with 1717 viewsGavTWTD

Memberships on 08:50 - May 3 by bluelagos

I know it's a bit nostalgic, but back into the day we had an away match passport.

You were guaranteed a ticket to every away match and from memory could opt out of a max of 3 matches.

We had less than 1k of them and reckon promotion would mean we could sell 3 or 4 times that.

I remember that passport well. Living in Lancashire now I can't get to many games these days because of cost mainly, but I would like the opportunity to see a few games, home and away next season, regardless of the opposition or league. I wouldn't like it to be a closed shop on who can see games so some kind of raffle for a percentage of tickets would keep people interested in going.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

Memberships on 08:56 - May 3 with 1710 viewsbluelagos

Memberships on 08:52 - May 3 by textbackup

I think that everyone maybe needs to accept they might not get a ticket for every away game next season (if we get there)

Wait til we only get a 12k allocation for a Champions League final.

Memberships on 09:05 - May 3 with 1644 viewsDanny_G

Memberships on 08:50 - May 3 by bluelagos

We still had them up to 2021/22 - they were rebranded as Ultimate Memberships. I had one.

They got rid of them with the new membership scheme, which made some sense as, if you were going to almost every match anyway, you'd always get top priority and weren't committed to paying for all but three away matches. The downside was that it meant we had to start paying the booking and delivery fees for buying online.
Memberships on 09:09 - May 3 with 1606 viewstextbackup

Memberships on 08:56 - May 3 by bluelagos

Wait til we only get a 12k allocation for a Champions League final.

IMAGINE that blubfest 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Memberships on 09:13 - May 3 with 1575 viewsbluelagos

Memberships on 09:05 - May 3 by Danny_G

We still had them up to 2021/22 - they were rebranded as Ultimate Memberships. I had one.

They got rid of them with the new membership scheme, which made some sense as, if you were going to almost every match anyway, you'd always get top priority and weren't committed to paying for all but three away matches. The downside was that it meant we had to start paying the booking and delivery fees for buying online.

I had one for a couple of years but relocating to Lagos made the journey a tad too long 🤣

Did 35 of 38 games the year we came 5th. These days I do around half the away games, just getting too old for a long day trip.

Might start doing hotel stopovers which has to be easier.

Memberships on 09:22 - May 3 with 1501 viewsJ2BLUE

If everyone has a membership it kind of defeats the point? IF we go up, the relative income from another few thousand memberships isn't going to mean a great deal and would create a problem for home games if we have 10,000+ members chasing 4000 tickets every week. Not suggesting they should cap the memberships at however many single tickets would be available but some sort of cap sounds sensible.

Away games are a different story. Everyone knows the deal and it is what it is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Memberships on 09:22 - May 3 with 1489 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Memberships on 08:56 - May 3 by GavTWTD

I remember that passport well. Living in Lancashire now I can't get to many games these days because of cost mainly, but I would like the opportunity to see a few games, home and away next season, regardless of the opposition or league. I wouldn't like it to be a closed shop on who can see games so some kind of raffle for a percentage of tickets would keep people interested in going.

it's a tough one isn't it? People who have Memberships and have built up points this season (and last) will rightly feel aggrieved if a large number of new members who only became interested when we became successful get the same rights in a ballot.
There simply won't be enough tickets, that's a fact, so whatever the club do, people will grumble.
I'd think that a fair way might be to have first dibs for SB Members with say 20+ points. Then some form of raffle for the remainder - but with a higher number of "raffle tickets" based on (i) number of points and (ii) the region you live in for a particular match (controversial yes - but a nod towards sustainability to reduce travel miles).
You can't make everyone happy - you might please some of the fans most of the time, and most of the fans some of the time, but that's about it.

Poll: would you rather

Memberships on 09:23 - May 3 with 1482 viewsdavblue

i always thought you and Phil were in TWTD HQ in Suffolk.

Must make the Xmas do difficult as we all know Phil is a diva.
Memberships on 09:27 - May 3 with 1434 viewsdavblue

Memberships on 09:22 - May 3 by LegendofthePhoenix

it's a tough one isn't it? People who have Memberships and have built up points this season (and last) will rightly feel aggrieved if a large number of new members who only became interested when we became successful get the same rights in a ballot.
There simply won't be enough tickets, that's a fact, so whatever the club do, people will grumble.
I'd think that a fair way might be to have first dibs for SB Members with say 20+ points. Then some form of raffle for the remainder - but with a higher number of "raffle tickets" based on (i) number of points and (ii) the region you live in for a particular match (controversial yes - but a nod towards sustainability to reduce travel miles).
You can't make everyone happy - you might please some of the fans most of the time, and most of the fans some of the time, but that's about it.

It could be a tricky time for the club.

We need to keep the young audience captivated, if they have a slim chance of seeing games and can only watch us on TV, then for them they might think why don't i support one of the big boys as i will get as much chance to watch them as Ipswich.

Getting them in the stadium, bums on seats is what catches their imagination and building a relationship with the club.
Memberships on 09:32 - May 3 with 1392 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Memberships on 09:27 - May 3 by davblue

It could be a tricky time for the club.

We need to keep the young audience captivated, if they have a slim chance of seeing games and can only watch us on TV, then for them they might think why don't i support one of the big boys as i will get as much chance to watch them as Ipswich.

Getting them in the stadium, bums on seats is what catches their imagination and building a relationship with the club.

I know some Arsenal fans who are in their ballot system (for home games). They only get a couple of tickets per season, but seems to keep them really engaged and incredibly excited when they get a ticket for a game.

Poll: would you rather

Memberships on 09:35 - May 3 with 1371 viewsblueasfook

Why you move up north Gavvers? I escaped the North 26 years ago. Its grim up there. Having said that. At least 350k will get you a nice house up there instead of a 2 bed semi lol

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

You live in Lancs eh? on 09:40 - May 3 with 1321 viewsDyland

How often do you and Hammers have a face to face powwow and what do you do? I'm going for twice a year, once for morning tea and biscuits in some Woodbridge cafe, and once for a cuzza followed by some titty action at the Old Axe in Shoreditch.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Memberships on 09:42 - May 3 with 1308 viewsGuthrum

Memberships on 08:52 - May 3 by textbackup

That's been the case for a couple of seasons now, for those of us non-ST holders who live away from Ipswich and can't get to many. I remember when one could just rock up at Bristol City or Birmingham games and pay on the gate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

You live in Lancs eh? on 10:15 - May 3 with 1158 viewsdavblue

You live in Lancs eh? on 09:40 - May 3 by Dyland

How often do you and Hammers have a face to face powwow and what do you do? I'm going for twice a year, once for morning tea and biscuits in some Woodbridge cafe, and once for a cuzza followed by some titty action at the Old Axe in Shoreditch.

hahaha 'titty action'.

As a professional journalist, i expect Phil would be going with a long Mac, Hat inspector gadget style.
Memberships on 10:26 - May 3 with 1067 viewsGavTWTD

Memberships on 09:35 - May 3 by blueasfook

Why you move up north Gavvers? I escaped the North 26 years ago. Its grim up there. Having said that. At least 350k will get you a nice house up there instead of a 2 bed semi lol

350k? I'm not near that kind of level! So yes location has been important for a decent way of life. It's not that grim really.

Memberships on 11:20 - May 3 with 885 viewsHighgateBlue

I'm not just concerned about away games - I'm concerned about home games too. There's a real possibility that demand for home tickets will be sky high like it is for Huddersfield, and members like me will just never get any tickets because we haven't been to enough matches, and we haven't been to enough matches because we can't get tickets.

I don't have a problem paying the membership money to the club, but it does seem a little bit annoying to do so and then just never be allowed to attend even a home game. Maybe a ballot for home tickets with a guaranteed number of home match tickets during the course of the season is the answer?
Memberships on 11:31 - May 3 with 827 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I think they are taking the 22/23 season off the points tallyy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024