Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superstitions and routines 17:29 - May 2 with 1993 viewsnodge_blue

I hate all this stuff. Im scientific. Rational.

The pre Coventry game I thought i would do my two main ones that ive bought into this season as i had let them slip during our recent blip.

These are 1. I have to have watched all of lifes a pitch before the game and 2. I have to wear the white ipswich away shirt from a couple of years ago, with Bonne on the back cis the voucher scheme allowed for that.

I thought if we lose at Coventry i can forget about these forever.

But now what do i do. Am i tied into crazy stuff i dont really believe in. Should i not watch lifes a pitch?
[Post edited 2 May 17:30]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Superstitions and routines on 17:35 - May 2 with 1582 viewsKeno

I feel your pain Nodgey!!

Last season during our bad run I had to miss following a Saturday game and we won. I stopped following Saturday games and we kept winning them so much I missed the Exeter game and just got the score at the end.

Saturday I am planning to take my daughter and grandkids to London for the day

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Superstitions and routines on 17:38 - May 2 with 1569 viewsnodge_blue

Superstitions and routines on 17:35 - May 2 by Keno

I feel your pain Nodgey!!

Last season during our bad run I had to miss following a Saturday game and we won. I stopped following Saturday games and we kept winning them so much I missed the Exeter game and just got the score at the end.

Saturday I am planning to take my daughter and grandkids to London for the day

Jeez. I thought i was bad. At least i get to go!

Another thing i had. Coventry game my stream was a minute late. I looked at my phone and saw cov had scored. So then i decided never to do that again. Its a Schroeder cat thing. The opposition cant score cos i havent looked in the box to find a dead cat.
[Post edited 2 May 17:40]

Superstitions and routines on 17:42 - May 2 with 1538 viewsKeno

Superstitions and routines on 17:38 - May 2 by nodge_blue

Jeez. I thought i was bad. At least i get to go!

Another thing i had. Coventry game my stream was a minute late. I looked at my phone and saw cov had scored. So then i decided never to do that again. Its a Schroeder cat thing. The opposition cant score cos i havent looked in the box to find a dead cat.
[Post edited 2 May 17:40]

obviously I'm not really that bad , for instance I would let my family members in my car even if they happen to be wearing green and yellow and I do talk to my sister even tho she offered me Colmans Mustard 3 years, 6 months, 5 days 4 hours 15 mins ago

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Superstitions and routines on 17:51 - May 2 with 1509 viewsnodge_blue

Superstitions and routines on 17:42 - May 2 by Keno

obviously I'm not really that bad , for instance I would let my family members in my car even if they happen to be wearing green and yellow and I do talk to my sister even tho she offered me Colmans Mustard 3 years, 6 months, 5 days 4 hours 15 mins ago

So another guilty reveal is my partner has been a norwich season ticket holder and she had the same budgie thats on lifes a pitch up in the garage for about 20 years.

I decided when Norwich beat us that was the reason and i stabber it with a stanley knife and put it in the bin. So im now convinced we win next time.

She was fairly ok with all that by the way lol.

PS when that works you can all thank me
[Post edited 2 May 17:52]

Superstitions and routines on 20:32 - May 2 with 1370 viewsCrawfordsboot

My big hate are the players who offer up prayers as they enter the pitch as if their god is going to favour them over every other one of his disciples, or that he is more powerful than other gods.

Dumb in the extreme.
Superstitions and routines on 22:10 - May 2 with 1305 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There's a really simple solution.

Forget the superstitious nonsense, and just watch all of Life's a Pitch because you want to, and just randomly chuck on the first white Ipswich shirt with Bonne on the back that comes to hand on the day.
Superstitions and routines on 22:15 - May 2 with 1289 viewsVaughan8

The past few years, if i'm at PR, I don't put my Ipswich shirt on until i'm in my seat.

I just forgot one time and they won and I thought I would just do it each time. They've not lost yet so i've kept doing it.

However, I know in my head it means absolutely sod all!
Superstitions and routines on 06:24 - May 3 with 1190 viewswkj

If we're on Sky, then I can't watch. If I watch, we tend not to win - sooo... Sat is going to be hard

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Superstitions and routines on 06:45 - May 3 with 1165 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Look at it this way, thinking anything you do will influence a game is arrogance in the extreme. McKenna says we should stay humble!

Also, if anything you did (like wearing a certain shirt, 'lucky' pants etc.) influenced external events then why the hell are you wasting that power on football? You should be saving dying children, you bastard!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Superstitions and routines on 07:05 - May 3 with 1137 viewsnodge_blue

Superstitions and routines on 06:45 - May 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Look at it this way, thinking anything you do will influence a game is arrogance in the extreme. McKenna says we should stay humble!

Also, if anything you did (like wearing a certain shirt, 'lucky' pants etc.) influenced external events then why the hell are you wasting that power on football? You should be saving dying children, you bastard!

Yeah but, let’s get into your first paragraph. Every fan attending the game Saturday has the potential to influence the game.

Imagine if everyone of us on the day decided they were too nervous and not to go and the players walked out to an empty home end.

Or conversely we all go and make the biggest noise ever cos we all have done our superstitions and are fully behind the team. And this collective belief is built on having Bonne written across the back of your shirt.
[Post edited 3 May 7:05]

Superstitions and routines on 07:08 - May 3 with 1112 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Superstitions and routines on 07:05 - May 3 by nodge_blue

Yeah but, let’s get into your first paragraph. Every fan attending the game Saturday has the potential to influence the game.

Imagine if everyone of us on the day decided they were too nervous and not to go and the players walked out to an empty home end.

Or conversely we all go and make the biggest noise ever cos we all have done our superstitions and are fully behind the team. And this collective belief is built on having Bonne written across the back of your shirt.
[Post edited 3 May 7:05]

When I talk about a supporter influencing a game, I mean by the pants they wear!

Superstitions and routines on 07:09 - May 3 with 1103 viewsnodge_blue

Superstitions and routines on 07:08 - May 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

When I talk about a supporter influencing a game, I mean by the pants they wear!

Yeah but the pants are the driving force. It’s a spiders web of Bonne energy. Measured in units of Bonne.

Superstitions and routines on 07:34 - May 3 with 1065 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, rationale and science apply to life in general.

But in sport, sometimes it doesn’t - and that’s why we love it so much.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Superstitions and routines on 07:39 - May 3 with 1037 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Superstitions and routines on 06:45 - May 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Arrogance Dollers, really! Don't you understand how the Universe works...on Saturday someone in Havana will forget to put their lucky Uddersfield undercrackers on and the rest will be history!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Superstitions and routines on 08:23 - May 3 with 957 viewsHelp

my routine starts the day before.
A certain cup to drink from, a certain shirt to wear.
On the day a different certain cup and a different shirt and socks
We seem to have only drawn or lost when I cannot do these routines for various reasons. So it is not the players and the manager it is obviously me and you and everyone else, so keep t up.
Superstitions and routines on 08:31 - May 3 with 932 viewsKieran_Knows

For midweek games I always wear a hat, and I honestly cannot remember the last time we lost.

Getting my haircut shortly and was thinking of changing it up this time, but think I’ll just have my normal cut as don’t want to mess up the equilibrium.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Superstitions and routines on 08:38 - May 3 with 901 viewsJeepny

I can’t listen to BBC radio commentary, every time I tune in the opposition score! This year I broke tradition and had all of the Norwich away on. If I’d refrained we would be promoted already.
Superstitions and routines on 09:46 - May 3 with 852 viewsdirtyboy

My son and I went on the train to a home game one game last season...one f****** game and we lost (Lincoln) and he's driven to every home game since.

We also have wine gums at half time (maynards) bought from the little shop near the curve bar. We've drawn two games where that shop have run out and we've had to pay the £45 per pack or whatever it is in the stadium lol!

We then go and get our sh*tt* hot dog from outside the stadium and lean on the fence until the team comes in.

We then enter the same turnstile and get our sausage roll and a sprite before sitting and watching all the pre match routines. (I'm studious, it's what I do).

But not superstitious obviously.
Superstitions and routines on 09:51 - May 3 with 841 views_clive_baker_

On derby day my wife got my little boy dressed in the morning. They came downstairs and I kid you not he was wearing green trousers and a yellow t-shirt. I asked her if she was joking, got a blank face staring back at me. Straight upstairs to change his top for a blue one before I dashed out the door. He wasn't even going to the game.
[Post edited 3 May 9:53]
Superstitions and routines on 09:52 - May 3 with 836 viewsdirtyboy

Superstitions and routines on 06:24 - May 3 by wkj

If we're on Sky, then I can't watch. If I watch, we tend not to win - sooo... Sat is going to be hard

Only option is you pay £80 or whatever for a <ahem> "flight to Italy" V ia P ersonal N ode of transport then a further £10 for an iFollow pass....

It's the only way to be sure.

If we lose and you've not made the effort...
I'd hate to see the state of your guts buh (n/t) on 09:54 - May 3 with 818 viewsDyland

Superstitions and routines on 09:46 - May 3 by dirtyboy

My son and I went on the train to a home game one game last season...one f****** game and we lost (Lincoln) and he's driven to every home game since.

We also have wine gums at half time (maynards) bought from the little shop near the curve bar. We've drawn two games where that shop have run out and we've had to pay the £45 per pack or whatever it is in the stadium lol!

We then go and get our sh*tt* hot dog from outside the stadium and lean on the fence until the team comes in.

We then enter the same turnstile and get our sausage roll and a sprite before sitting and watching all the pre match routines. (I'm studious, it's what I do).

But not superstitious obviously.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Superstitions and routines on 09:56 - May 3 with 811 viewsDyland

Superstitions and routines on 07:08 - May 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

You mean I've been wearing the same pair of pants for fiftey years for no reason? FFS

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Superstitions and routines on 09:56 - May 3 with 807 viewsDanTheMan

Every time I've worn an Ipswich shirt and watched us, we've not done well.

I've stopped putting them on now. Very silly but I can't bring myself to do it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Superstitions and routines on 10:12 - May 3 with 773 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Superstitions and routines on 08:31 - May 3 by Kieran_Knows

For midweek games I always wear a hat, and I honestly cannot remember the last time we lost.

Getting my haircut shortly and was thinking of changing it up this time, but think I’ll just have my normal cut as don’t want to mess up the equilibrium.

If only Wes Burns had followed these very simple and straightforward rules, he wouldn't have got injured as a direct result of his man-bun getting the chop.
Superstitions and routines on 10:25 - May 3 with 733 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Superstitions and routines on 09:56 - May 3 by DanTheMan

Every time I've worn an Ipswich shirt and watched us, we've not done well.

I've stopped putting them on now. Very silly but I can't bring myself to do it.

My black shirt works better than my blue shirt. Maybe I'll wear both, that'll confuse the gods!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024