Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random question 21:00 - May 1 with 1746 viewsfooters

But I've wondered for a while.

Is there any particular reason Warnock loves us so much?

I know his name has been bandied around before to manage us but he always sings our praises for some reason.

Anyone know why? Just seems odd to me!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Random question on 21:01 - May 1 with 1712 views_clive_baker_

Lately it’s probably because he’s got some tickets to shift at the Regent.
Random question on 21:45 - May 1 with 1567 viewssolemio

Because he's a gentleman of taste and distinction.
Random question on 21:48 - May 1 with 1547 viewsSteve_M

Random question on 21:01 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

Lately it’s probably because he’s got some tickets to shift at the Regent.

Yes, that but I think he always enjoyed the ferocity of the rivalry when he was at Sheffield United though, I can remember him standing on the pitch at the end of a 1-1 draw in 2005 as the North sang “Warnock you’re a c nt” and he was lapping it up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Random question on 21:51 - May 1 with 1525 viewsKropotkin123

Random question on 21:48 - May 1 by Steve_M

Yes, that but I think he always enjoyed the ferocity of the rivalry when he was at Sheffield United though, I can remember him standing on the pitch at the end of a 1-1 draw in 2005 as the North sang “Warnock you’re a c nt” and he was lapping it up.

The gig in Town was requested because of the fondness of the rivalry you describe. He asked his team to book something here for that reason and he isn't going around saying the same thing to every fanbase

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Random question on 21:57 - May 1 with 1474 viewsgainsboroughblue

We had some real ding dongs with Sheff U (a kind of rivalry had been established with them before his time) and this led to some proper atmospheres at PR, especially Lower North.

The two examples I mainly remember were the 'Dale Roberts' game (I think most people will know which one that refers to) and a Tuesday nighter when we done them 5-1. I recall going up there and seeing us beat them 2-0 as well, Kuqi got 2 I think.

I think he loved the spice our games had and while we were pretty damn vitriolic towards him, he never took it to heart. I think we got to like him because he a. wasn't bothered by the cu next tuesday stuff and b/ it became pretty clear he had a lot of respect for us. That respect grew into mutual respect then a weird kind of love.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Random question on 21:58 - May 1 with 1446 viewsvictorywilhappen

He was having a bit of hoo-hah with Doris from Melton some time back.
Random question on 22:14 - May 1 with 1382 viewsSteve_M

Random question on 21:57 - May 1 by gainsboroughblue

We had some real ding dongs with Sheff U (a kind of rivalry had been established with them before his time) and this led to some proper atmospheres at PR, especially Lower North.

The two examples I mainly remember were the 'Dale Roberts' game (I think most people will know which one that refers to) and a Tuesday nighter when we done them 5-1. I recall going up there and seeing us beat them 2-0 as well, Kuqi got 2 I think.

I think he loved the spice our games had and while we were pretty damn vitriolic towards him, he never took it to heart. I think we got to like him because he a. wasn't bothered by the cu next tuesday stuff and b/ it became pretty clear he had a lot of respect for us. That respect grew into mutual respect then a weird kind of love.

It was 3-0 not 2-0 in the third game, was the same day England won the rugby World Cup.

Not forgetting the 4-3 cup defeat at Bramall Lane , 3-0 down to 3-3 and then a last minute goal in that little narrative.

Random question on 22:19 - May 1 with 1348 viewsgainsboroughblue

Random question on 22:14 - May 1 by Steve_M

It was 3-0 not 2-0 in the third game, was the same day England won the rugby World Cup.

Not forgetting the 4-3 cup defeat at Bramall Lane , 3-0 down to 3-3 and then a last minute goal in that little narrative.

Ah. Just checked.

Yep, the 5-1 was the next season in 04/05 along with the 2-0 at Bramall Lane I referenced. Wasn't a Kuqi brace, Unsworth got the other one.

Didn't do the cup tie, typical Royle era crazy game.

Login to get fewer ads

Random question on 22:53 - May 1 with 1259 viewsrickw

I heard him say on the radio before but Ipswich was always one of his favourite teams to play against - he said he liked the club and there was always a good atmosphere and he enjoyed the "banter" with our fans, he sounded sad that the timing was never right for him to take a job here, I think he said he knew Marcus Evans

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Random question on 22:59 - May 1 with 1230 views_clive_baker_

Random question on 22:53 - May 1 by rickw

I heard him say on the radio before but Ipswich was always one of his favourite teams to play against - he said he liked the club and there was always a good atmosphere and he enjoyed the "banter" with our fans, he sounded sad that the timing was never right for him to take a job here, I think he said he knew Marcus Evans

He was on the Blue Monday pod recently discussing it. Said he got very close to taking the job but wouldn't give too much away as he was going to cover it at his upcoming event in the Regent. Also said he had very fond memories of watching successful Ipswich teams as he would've been 13 or so when we won the league under Sir Alf and then early 30's when Sir Bob was doing his thing. Was very complimentary about the history of the club and said he's always loved the banter with fans. 'Proper' club I think were his words. Also said he has friends that live this way so he's looking forward to coming down and doing his show.

Top bloke to be fair.
Random question on 09:14 - May 2 with 946 viewsWickets

Random question on 21:48 - May 1 by Steve_M

And Naylor giving him some stick as I remember!
Random question on 09:15 - May 2 with 935 viewsTractorWood

Random question on 21:58 - May 1 by victorywilhappen

He was having a bit of hoo-hah with Doris from Melton some time back.

Biscuit missing but unaffected?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Random question on 09:17 - May 2 with 921 viewsTractorCam

Random question on 22:53 - May 1 by rickw

The timing was perfect at one point, but Evans decided to give Lambert a 5 year contract instead!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Random question on 09:20 - May 2 with 906 viewstextbackup

Sometimes it’s the smallest things that make you have a soft spot for another team.

I’m now hoping Hull reach the PO, purely because we had a great game vs them last week.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Random question on 09:20 - May 2 with 906 viewsfooters

Random question on 09:15 - May 2 by TractorWood

Biscuit missing but unaffected?

I want to know what happened to her tea towels.
[Post edited 2 May 9:24]

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Random question on 09:27 - May 2 with 872 viewsSteve_M

Random question on 22:19 - May 1 by gainsboroughblue

Ah. Just checked.

Yep, the 5-1 was the next season in 04/05 along with the 2-0 at Bramall Lane I referenced. Wasn't a Kuqi brace, Unsworth got the other one.

Didn't do the cup tie, typical Royle era crazy game.

Ah, thought you meant at PR. That win at Bramall Lane, fking hell I came out of that convinced we were going up - and here we are 19 years later.....

Random question on 09:30 - May 2 with 852 viewsgainsboroughblue

Random question on 09:27 - May 2 by Steve_M

Ah, thought you meant at PR. That win at Bramall Lane, fking hell I came out of that convinced we were going up - and here we are 19 years later.....

Same. It was the next game Kuqi got 'that' injury and we lost three in a row.

Random question on 09:33 - May 2 with 831 viewsgloucester_tractor

I am sure the Billy Sharpe response by the town did us no harm in his eyes either

Son of GUS

Random question on 09:34 - May 2 with 821 viewswkj

Random question on 09:20 - May 2 by footers

Slippery slope you're on young footers, one day its a fleeting interest in someone's tea towels and the next you're caught on TMZ sniffing their hand stitched doilies.

Should have had some slippers instead.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Random question on 09:35 - May 2 with 813 viewsTractorWood

Random question on 09:20 - May 2 by footers

Suffolk's Roswell

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Random question on 09:52 - May 2 with 757 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Will just leave this here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Random question on 09:55 - May 2 with 735 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There was an incident during a match when Town had been in front and were singing "Colin, Colin, what's the score?"

Then his team scored a second and he "showed the score" by holding up two fingers to the North Stand.

It was included in the match official's report, and he was looking at an FA charge, but lots of Town fans wrote to the FA saying it was funny and didn't invite any trouble and it was dropped.

He has liked us ever since.

The standing ovation for Billy Sharp's goal after his child had died probably enhanced our reputation with anyone with a Blades connection, too, but that's more speculative.
Random question on 11:19 - May 2 with 628 viewsSteve_M

Random question on 09:55 - May 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

There was an incident during a match when Town had been in front and were singing "Colin, Colin, what's the score?"

Then his team scored a second and he "showed the score" by holding up two fingers to the North Stand.

It was included in the match official's report, and he was looking at an FA charge, but lots of Town fans wrote to the FA saying it was funny and didn't invite any trouble and it was dropped.

He has liked us ever since.

The standing ovation for Billy Sharp's goal after his child had died probably enhanced our reputation with anyone with a Blades connection, too, but that's more speculative.

"The standing ovation for Billy Sharp's goal after his child had died probably enhanced our reputation with anyone with a Blades connection, too, but that's more speculative."

He was playing for Doncaster at the time.

Random question on 19:48 - May 2 with 467 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Random question on 11:19 - May 2 by Steve_M

"The standing ovation for Billy Sharp's goal after his child had died probably enhanced our reputation with anyone with a Blades connection, too, but that's more speculative."

He was playing for Doncaster at the time.

He was a Sheffield United player on loan at Doncaster at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024