Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fridge... discuss.. 23:20 - Apr 30 with 1430 viewsWicklowBlue

Thought he was immense tonight and really helped make us more defensively solid. Strong on the ball standing up and shepherding players wide.

Also Sarmiento thought he had his most effective game for us.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:21 - Apr 30 with 1377 viewspointofblue

Thought he was partially at fault for the goal but otherwise had a great game.

Sarmiento was brilliant at break up play. Just wish he didn't keep shooting straight at the keeper!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:21 - Apr 30 with 1358 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fridge won every header and every tackle. Our central defenders were immense tonight.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:21 - Apr 30 with 1353 viewsScuzzer

Fridge is so much better on the right. Burgess was immense.

Established 1968

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:22 - Apr 30 with 1328 viewswkj

Fridge and Burgess both have been great servants to the club. For the longest time it looked like Fridge was the quality that Burgess didn't have, but over time Burgess really morphed in to a special fullback.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:22 - Apr 30 with 1329 viewsBasuco

And I think he deliberately laid on the ground so that neither of the three Cov players could kick the ball clear, so Cam got the winner. COYFB's.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:22 - Apr 30 with 1305 viewspointofblue

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:22 - Apr 30 by wkj

Fridge and Burgess both have been great servants to the club. For the longest time it looked like Fridge was the quality that Burgess didn't have, but over time Burgess really morphed in to a special fullback.

Burgess - fullback?

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:23 - Apr 30 with 1269 viewsnshearman1

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:22 - Apr 30 by wkj

Burgess is Man of the Match surely? I have reservations about Fridge and Sarmiento, but overall not tonight.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:26 - Apr 30 with 1211 viewsNutkins_Return

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:23 - Apr 30 by nshearman1

Burgess is Man of the Match surely? I have reservations about Fridge and Sarmiento, but overall not tonight.

What are the reservations? Sarmiento has been brilliant since he arrived for me. Couldn't ask much more for an impact player.

Just whether they can step up to regular starters?
Login to get fewer ads

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:28 - Apr 30 with 1160 viewsredrickstuhaart

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:21 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Sarmiento was brilliant at break up play. Just wish he didn't keep shooting straight at the keeper!

Indeed. His man peeled off him and he let him go.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:31 - Apr 30 with 1111 viewsNthQldITFC

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:28 - Apr 30 by redrickstuhaart

Indeed. His man peeled off him and he let him go.

He was trying to play him offside I think, expecting him to to go towards goal, but he went sideways and stayed on. Bad decision, but who cares, overall he was very good.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:32 - Apr 30 with 1088 viewswkj

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:22 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Burgess - fullback?

Im pissed, a back who is fully all the way back in the middle... CB then... confusing language tbf

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:33 - Apr 30 with 1059 viewsWicklowBlue

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:23 - Apr 30 by nshearman1

Can see what you are saying, but thought Edmundsen was solid tonight as was Burgess. Burgess MOTM but Edmundsen was quality.

Sarmiento is a great flair player as we have seen but tonight he got stuck in and played the team game more than I had seen previously imho. He fought for every ball and worked back to help.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:34 - Apr 30 with 1042 viewsnshearman1

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:26 - Apr 30 by Nutkins_Return

What are the reservations? Sarmiento has been brilliant since he arrived for me. Couldn't ask much more for an impact player.

Just whether they can step up to regular starters?

Sarmiento's tackling is, as one other player put it, 'chaotic', and as someone else said here too often he shoots straight at the goalie. He's certainly not a starter for me. I think Fridge is great, a really good character too, but positionally sometimes he's just slightly off, as for the goal conceded tonight.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:35 - Apr 30 with 1033 viewsChurchman

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:21 - Apr 30 by Scuzzer

Fridge is so much better on the right. Burgess was immense.

They were both excellent. But then they all were. Coventry kept them honest (they’re a good side), but they really dug in.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:35 - Apr 30 with 1023 viewstextbackup

His pace and power will be key vs players like Harland

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:35 - Apr 30 with 1020 viewsStewart27

I say it every game. He never lets us down.

The guy is a bit part player but fits in like a glove every game.

Not many players can do that.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:36 - Apr 30 with 1001 viewsHalifaxBlue

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:21 - Apr 30 by pointofblue

Curious as to how he was at fault? Not having a go, just wondering. I put a few ahead of him. CM who didn't screen the defense causing Burgess to step out, Burgess stepping out and leaving the gap behind him, and Hladky should unquestionably save that.

But who cares. What a day.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:41 - Apr 30 with 954 viewspointofblue

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:36 - Apr 30 by HalifaxBlue

Curious as to how he was at fault? Not having a go, just wondering. I put a few ahead of him. CM who didn't screen the defense causing Burgess to step out, Burgess stepping out and leaving the gap behind him, and Hladky should unquestionably save that.

It was Edmundson who Wright peeled off to get the strike off. Could and should have been much closer. As said above, he may have been trying to play offside.

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:43 - Apr 30 with 938 viewsredrickstuhaart

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:36 - Apr 30 by HalifaxBlue

His man pulled away and he watched him rather than followed.
Fridge... discuss.. on 23:45 - Apr 30 with 908 viewsBondiBlue

12 months ago i was questioning whether edmondson was good enough for L1. Now i'd be comfortable with him starting against man city next season if that's how it turns out.

Fair play.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Fridge... discuss.. on 07:30 - May 1 with 499 viewsNutkins_Return

Fridge... discuss.. on 23:45 - Apr 30 by BondiBlue

12 months ago i was questioning whether edmondson was good enough for L1. Now i'd be comfortable with him starting against man city next season if that's how it turns out.

Fair play.

I'd be very comfortable with him started ng every week. Think he is a brilliant CB. A bit like Walton he was really unlucky with injuries which lost him his place and never managed to wrestle it back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024