Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull game. 10:17 - Apr 26 with 985 viewsNutkins_Return

Importance of a switch on start. Was looking at our results/ games after international breaks etc. Where we have had breaks we've had 3 narrow wins, 1-1 with Leicester and the West Brom defeat. So results wise decent. I think performance wise we've lacked a bit and hardest part will be switching on and being in the pace of the game quickly. Hull will be ok rhythm.

Hard to take much from the previous games but you would think we would have staying power after rest vs tiring Hull legs. Wasn't really the case in the others except Leicester but hard to draw parallels as both teams had the break before.

Fast start boys, switched on and focused!!! Be right in the game for last half hour and really go at them.
Hull game. on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 918 viewstractorboy1978

Be interesting to see how we approach it. Hull could really have to approach the game from the start like a boxer in the 10th round who is a few points behind whereas we can afford to be a bit more methodical and wait for our moment. They won't be fancying themselves to finish the last 20-25 minutes stronger than us. We will have the legs and freshness.
[Post edited 26 Apr 10:28]
Hull game. on 10:32 - Apr 26 with 889 viewsLankHenners

Hull game. on 10:27 - Apr 26 by tractorboy1978

Be interesting to see how we approach it. Hull could really have to approach the game from the start like a boxer in the 10th round who is a few points behind whereas we can afford to be a bit more methodical and wait for our moment. They won't be fancying themselves to finish the last 20-25 minutes stronger than us. We will have the legs and freshness.
[Post edited 26 Apr 10:28]

Yeah think it will be one where we let them tire themselves out and really come into it in the 2nd half which we've done a few times this season.

Hopefully we can keep them out and get a goal or two on the counter then the end of the game becomes about controlling it rather than trying to chase a goal.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hull game. on 10:33 - Apr 26 with 878 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

My concern would be another slow start, leading to conceding early and having to chase the game. Hull are going to come flying out of traps (let’s be honest most teams have seen that as our vulnerable period and have done the same).

We don’t want to be sitting back if we get a 1-0 lead either, shutting up shop is not our strongest skill. Let’s carry on and try and get a better cushion.

If we can weather the early storm, we can unlock them on the counter (Swansea away was a good blueprint). That said although I’m a pessimist from our years of underachievement, we do have a fantastic away record - better than L**ds!
Hull game. on 10:35 - Apr 26 with 853 viewsHerbivore

They'll come out of the blocks fast I imagine, we'll probably need to weather a bit of a storm first 20 minutes and I imagine we'll then start to look to impose ourselves on the game. That's been the pattern a fair bit for us away from home and it's been successful more often than not. You'd fancy us to come on strong second half as they had a physically and emotionally tiring game on Wednesday and we're coming off a two week break.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hull game. on 14:01 - Apr 26 with 644 viewsNutkins_Return

Hull game. on 10:35 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

They'll come out of the blocks fast I imagine, we'll probably need to weather a bit of a storm first 20 minutes and I imagine we'll then start to look to impose ourselves on the game. That's been the pattern a fair bit for us away from home and it's been successful more often than not. You'd fancy us to come on strong second half as they had a physically and emotionally tiring game on Wednesday and we're coming off a two week break.

Agreed. They are quite patient normally with the ball and good on the eye at home. On paper should be a cracking game for the neutral. Harrowing for us....

Oh god it's going to be 0-0 isn't it
Hull game. on 14:04 - Apr 26 with 621 viewsNthQldITFC

Hull game. on 10:33 - Apr 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

My concern would be another slow start, leading to conceding early and having to chase the game. Hull are going to come flying out of traps (let’s be honest most teams have seen that as our vulnerable period and have done the same).

We don’t want to be sitting back if we get a 1-0 lead either, shutting up shop is not our strongest skill. Let’s carry on and try and get a better cushion.

If we can weather the early storm, we can unlock them on the counter (Swansea away was a good blueprint). That said although I’m a pessimist from our years of underachievement, we do have a fantastic away record - better than L**ds!

Yup. I think this is one we can start fast AND finish fast. We should have that in us in comparison to them, and I think that's what we need to do. I hope it's one where we invade the corridors around the dressing rooms again, and really impose ourselves and our energy on them from before the kick off. Morsy on point.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hull game. on 14:06 - Apr 26 with 605 viewsgainsboroughblue

First half is the key. Level or better at the break and I fancy us for three points.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Hull game. on 16:28 - Apr 26 with 445 viewsstrikalite

Hull game. on 14:01 - Apr 26 by Nutkins_Return

Agreed. They are quite patient normally with the ball and good on the eye at home. On paper should be a cracking game for the neutral. Harrowing for us....

Oh god it's going to be 0-0 isn't it

Haven't won a game against any of the top nine sides at home, which really surprised me..
Login to get fewer ads

Hull game. on 16:49 - Apr 26 with 395 viewsNutkins_Return

Hull game. on 16:28 - Apr 26 by strikalite

Haven't won a game against any of the top nine sides at home, which really surprised me..

That is a surprising stat. They have been stronger away generally. Tells me their danger on the counter so we need to be very aware! Let them try and force it - they have to win. Try and control the ball but transition fast when we win it back. This is a game we really need to show we can be solid and efficient.
Hull game. on 17:31 - Apr 26 with 319 viewsnorfsufblue

Hull game. on 16:49 - Apr 26 by Nutkins_Return

That is a surprising stat. They have been stronger away generally. Tells me their danger on the counter so we need to be very aware! Let them try and force it - they have to win. Try and control the ball but transition fast when we win it back. This is a game we really need to show we can be solid and efficient.

Stating the obvious but leave the football stuff to the boys but regards our representatives in the stands ... yes absolutely from minute 1 do not stop whatever goes on on the green stuff!
Hull game. on 17:32 - Apr 26 with 318 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hull game. on 16:28 - Apr 26 by strikalite

Yep. Their away form is quite a bit better than their home form (relative to other teams). They’ve got 32 points from 22 games at home (ranked 12th). We’ve 38 pts from 21 games away (ranked 2nd).

Not that that’s a guide for what’s going to happen of course, but on paper we must be the favourites.
[Post edited 26 Apr 17:32]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024