Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SNP 18:16 - Apr 25 with 3842 viewsPerublue

I don’t think in my amateur political viewing over the decades of my own political awareness have I seen a democratically voted in party that was in such a strong and powerful position in every area fall apart so rapidly.
When you think back to those halcyon days of COVID when they were unashamedly using it as a political weapon to push their agenda to where they are now.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

SNP on 18:22 - Apr 25 with 2172 viewsGlasgowBlue

It always amused me to see a great deal of support for Sturgeon and the SNP on here. Basically because they weren't the Tories.

Education is a mess. Drug deaths are the highest in Europe. The Islands are struggling financially because of the corruption and incompetence of the ferry scandal. Nicola's been arrested. Her husband's been charged. Their camper van has ben impounded.

To paraphrase Badger, what is it about the criminally corrupt and incompetent nationalists that so many posters on here found appealing?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

SNP on 18:52 - Apr 25 with 2121 viewsBloomBlue

Don't think I have either.. Obviously Gordon Brown when PM oversaw a massive decline from such a strong Labour position after taking over from Blair, and we'll see an even bigger decline with the Cons in next GE. But I do find it amazing how high the SNPs standing and especially Sturgeon's halo have fallen since COVID.
SNP on 18:57 - Apr 25 with 2096 viewsJ2BLUE

The Alba MSP can swing it either way if everyone votes with their party.

Quite a lot of power for one MSP of a minor party.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

SNP on 18:57 - Apr 25 with 2092 viewswithyblue

Let me introduce you to the Conservative and Unionist Party.
SNP on 19:00 - Apr 25 with 2052 viewsblueasfook

SNP on 18:22 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

It always amused me to see a great deal of support for Sturgeon and the SNP on here. Basically because they weren't the Tories.

Education is a mess. Drug deaths are the highest in Europe. The Islands are struggling financially because of the corruption and incompetence of the ferry scandal. Nicola's been arrested. Her husband's been charged. Their camper van has ben impounded.

To paraphrase Badger, what is it about the criminally corrupt and incompetent nationalists that so many posters on here found appealing?

Yeah but #IndyRef2

Arf!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

SNP on 19:01 - Apr 25 with 2048 viewsSwansea_Blue

There’s some quite impressive self-imploding going on north of the border. Truss/Kwarteng is probably the benchmark, and an honourable mention for May giving up her majority too, but Yousaf is giving them a good run for their money. Only about a week since Sturgeon’s husband was re-arrested too.

The next election could end up being really grim for them couldn’t it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

SNP on 19:02 - Apr 25 with 2040 viewsJ2BLUE

SNP on 19:00 - Apr 25 by blueasfook

Yeah but #IndyRef2

Arf!

The UK leaving the EU was a disaster. Scotland leaving the UK would see them rapidly rise to prosperity.

I think that's the way it went.

Truly impaired.

SNP on 19:02 - Apr 25 with 2039 viewsGlasgowBlue

SNP on 18:57 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

The Alba MSP can swing it either way if everyone votes with their party.

Quite a lot of power for one MSP of a minor party.

And rather ironic that when Ash Regan left the SNP to join Alba, Humza Yousaf said that she was "no loss".

They'll be a lot of pressure on her from behind the scenes. The nats play very dirty.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

SNP on 19:05 - Apr 25 with 1995 viewsJ2BLUE

SNP on 19:02 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

And rather ironic that when Ash Regan left the SNP to join Alba, Humza Yousaf said that she was "no loss".

They'll be a lot of pressure on her from behind the scenes. The nats play very dirty.

I hope she throws him to the wolves.

Truly impaired.

SNP on 19:07 - Apr 25 with 1977 viewsGlasgowBlue

SNP on 19:05 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

I hope she throws him to the wolves.

Very brave if she does. She's going to squeeze as much out of Humza Yousaf as she can.

Iron Lion Zion

SNP on 19:25 - Apr 25 with 1929 viewsGuthrum

The LibDems going from being courted for government with 50+ MPs to being smashed in 2015 was quite spectacular.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

SNP on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 1925 viewsGlasgowBlue

SNP on 19:07 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

Very brave if she does. She's going to squeeze as much out of Humza Yousaf as she can.

and so it starts.

Scapping the gender reform bill looks like the deal breaker.
[Post edited 25 Apr 19:28]

Iron Lion Zion

SNP on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 1914 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

SNP on 18:22 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

It’s a ‘kinder, gentler’ type of hollow nationalism, and blaming foreigners.
SNP on 20:09 - Apr 25 with 1825 viewsJ2BLUE

SNP on 19:27 - Apr 25 by GlasgowBlue

and so it starts.

Scapping the gender reform bill looks like the deal breaker.
[Post edited 25 Apr 19:28]

That didn't take long.

Truly impaired.

SNP on 20:46 - Apr 25 with 1752 viewsGlasgowBlue

SNP on 20:09 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

That didn't take long.

Yousaf is a dead man walking regardless. But the alternative is Kate Forbes who will divide the SNP. She makes Trump look like a liberal.

Iron Lion Zion

SNP on 21:06 - Apr 25 with 1695 viewsChurchman

My colleagues had dealings with the SNP through work that was done on their behalf some years ago now. A truly appalling bunch in just about every way. But worse than the tories? Nope, of course not.

In other words the nations of Britain have been and are badly served by the disgraceful shower that masquerade as politicians.
SNP on 21:21 - Apr 25 with 1657 viewsLord_Lucan

SNP on 21:06 - Apr 25 by Churchman

My colleagues had dealings with the SNP through work that was done on their behalf some years ago now. A truly appalling bunch in just about every way. But worse than the tories? Nope, of course not.

In other words the nations of Britain have been and are badly served by the disgraceful shower that masquerade as politicians.

Oh man.

I have re written this so many times due to legal things. I've now edited it and I'll keep it narrow!

Actually, it's so hot, I'll let someone else carry the can.

(Straight up, ask RKD) One of my merry employed men has recently had course to be expert witness in ......................

This isn't going to happen.

Whatever you think about politics and politicians - SNP are the fecking worse baby.

But Nicola??????????????

It's impossible to explain!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

SNP on 21:30 - Apr 25 with 1611 viewsChurchman

SNP on 21:21 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

Oh man.

I have re written this so many times due to legal things. I've now edited it and I'll keep it narrow!

Actually, it's so hot, I'll let someone else carry the can.

(Straight up, ask RKD) One of my merry employed men has recently had course to be expert witness in ......................

This isn't going to happen.

Whatever you think about politics and politicians - SNP are the fecking worse baby.

But Nicola??????????????

It's impossible to explain!

Is it a race to the bottom or a race to the winnebego?

Nicola? You haven’t, have you??? Surely not! I’ll have nightmares now.
SNP on 21:31 - Apr 25 with 1609 viewsSwansea_Blue

SNP on 19:02 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

The UK leaving the EU was a disaster. Scotland leaving the UK would see them rapidly rise to prosperity.

I think that's the way it went.

That’s an easy one to understand because they’re completely different situations. The UK was sovereign, Scotland isn’t. And if Scotland could join the EU, they’d have improved access to a 450M people market on their doorstep. It’d be better if they were Kent and had the tunnels, but you’d soon see new N Sea freight routes open up, much like happened to Ireland after we left.

We’ve seen so many small countries gain independence/sovereignty over the last 30 years or so that it’s easy to see how independence could be possible (hugely complicated politically and very costly initially of course).

SNP on 21:37 - Apr 25 with 1587 viewsJ2BLUE

SNP on 21:31 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

That’s an easy one to understand because they’re completely different situations. The UK was sovereign, Scotland isn’t. And if Scotland could join the EU, they’d have improved access to a 450M people market on their doorstep. It’d be better if they were Kent and had the tunnels, but you’d soon see new N Sea freight routes open up, much like happened to Ireland after we left.

We’ve seen so many small countries gain independence/sovereignty over the last 30 years or so that it’s easy to see how independence could be possible (hugely complicated politically and very costly initially of course).

The argument was they could keep the pound, take none of the debt, take a share of the assets and join the EU while having no border restrictions with England.

You can't just cherry pick the parts which made sense.

Truly impaired.

SNP on 21:39 - Apr 25 with 1560 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

SNP on 21:31 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

The EU have said no more expansion for now. If that changes, and Spain drop their objections, Scotland are well down the list behind the likes of Montenegro and Albania. Realistically you are talking 10/15 years minimum.

That’s a long time to be outside any major trading bloc, and that’s why the SNP haven’t shown their workings on anything.
SNP on 21:42 - Apr 25 with 1545 viewsSwansea_Blue

SNP on 21:37 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

The argument was they could keep the pound, take none of the debt, take a share of the assets and join the EU while having no border restrictions with England.

You can't just cherry pick the parts which made sense.

Yeah, that’s a bit unrealistic. Pie in the sky stuff. What is it about nationalists being able to recognise reality?

SNP on 21:43 - Apr 25 with 1541 viewsDJR

SNP on 19:25 - Apr 25 by Guthrum

The LibDems going from being courted for government with 50+ MPs to being smashed in 2015 was quite spectacular.

The fall of Labour in Scotland was spectacular, and whatever happens, I doubt that Labour will manage to do what the SNP did in the 2015 general election, go from 6 to 56 out of 59 seats.

As it is, the no confidence vote is not binding, so at least we should be spared the type of Labour/Tory coalition that exists in certain council areas in Scotland.
[Post edited 25 Apr 21:44]
SNP on 21:53 - Apr 25 with 1496 viewsDJR

I appreciate the SNP are struggling, but some of the comments on here are straight out of papers like the Daily Express.

As it is, the media coverage during the 2014 referendum campaign turned me into someone who would vote for independence were I living in Scotland.
SNP on 22:22 - Apr 25 with 1477 viewsLord_Lucan

SNP on 21:30 - Apr 25 by Churchman

Is it a race to the bottom or a race to the winnebego?

Nicola? You haven’t, have you??? Surely not! I’ll have nightmares now.

H ha - in a way

Alans funny story'...........

Well, anyway, I thought it was funny.

Me and my mate were down in Plymouth and our birds were in tow. The Krankies were in our hotel and Les Dennis thought my Mrs was a brass.

Unfortunately the ££££ was a bit low - tight bastard.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024